2013-14 NCAA Football Coaching Changes Thread

dfwabel

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Petrino is headed back to Louisville.

I hope he burns them next year and goes somewhere else....this is a STUPID move by Louisville!

The only thing he's burning next year is defenses in the ACC and especially UK. This is a great hire by Louisville and it's good to see Jurich give him a second chance. I think he will do well with the players they have and his previous experience will help them ease the transition to the ACC.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

I hope he burns them next year and goes somewhere else....this is a STUPID move by Louisville!

The only thing he's burning next year is defenses in the ACC and especially UK. This is a great hire by Louisville and it's good to see Jurich give him a second chance. I think he will do well with the players they have and his previous experience will help them ease the transition to the ACC.

Just wait till he quits on the team after 8 games...

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Just wait till he quits on the team after 8 games...

What job that is substantially better than Louisville would hire Petrino?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Reports are in that James Franklin is taking the head coaching job at Penn State. Should be a good football move, but you'd that that Penn State of all schools would avoid the coach that was just involved in a rape scandal this summer...

And it looks like Lane Kiffin will take the offensive coordinator job at Alabama after Doug Nussmeier just took the same position at Michigan.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Don't understand why Franklin would go to Penn State right now, considering that PSU is still banned from bowls/postseason play for two more years, handcuffed with recruiting restrictions for the next couple few years, and with NFL teams seeking his services.

I don't see how Penn State is a step up from Vanderbilt right now. A few years down the line, hell yeah....but not right now.

Don't understand why Franklin would go to Penn State right now, considering that PSU is still banned from bowls/postseason play for two more years, handcuffed with recruiting restrictions for the next couple few years, and with NFL teams seeking his services.

I don't see how Penn State is a step up from Vanderbilt right now. A few years down the line, hell yeah....but not right now.

Keep in mind that President Erickson is a lame duck who is retiring this summer and the acting AD was on the Board of Trustees when the $hit went down woth the Sandusky arrest and Paterno firing. Joyner, the acting AD, will step aside to let the new president hire a new AD.

Plus, the Trustees have had major issues in finding a new president since finalist was found to have padded his salary at SUNY in November, with the Patern apologist trustee Lubrano complaining.

http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2013/11/13/penn-state-continues-searching-its-next-president-what-do-candidates-see

http://mobile.philly.com/news/local/?wss=/philly/news/local&id=232931111&

And this is different from coaching at Vandy how?

At least at Penn State people give a crap. Too much of a crap actually, which is part of the problem there.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Petrino's taking UGA DC Grantham with him to Louisville.

Darn.

That's weird, he must have an extremely close tie to Petrino, I don't see why you'd take a significant downgrade of a job to coach with a complete asshat.

Sucks for y'all though.

Darn.

That's weird, he must have an extremely close tie to Petrino, I don't see why you'd take a significant downgrade of a job to coach with a complete asshat.

Sucks for y'all though.

He got a million reasons to take the Louisville job.

Today, we are all otaku.

Darn.

Sucks for y'all though.

Elaborate.

His salary is going from $850k at Georgia to $1M at Louisville.

I've yet to hear a Georgia fan be upset about this. I'd say it couldn't get worse than Grantham, but I felt the same way when Willie Martinez left, and, well...

PJU85JF.png

Darn.

Sucks for y'all though.

Elaborate.

The saying "he has millions of reasons to take a job" refers to money 99.999999% of the time.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Darn.

Sucks for y'all though.

Elaborate.

The saying "he has millions of reasons to take a job" refers to money 99.999999% of the time.

Ah, gotcha. Didn't exactly "catch" it on the surface.

Darn.

Sucks for y'all though.

I was being sarcastic.

Darn.

Sucks for y'all though.

I was being sarcastic.
As was I. I was just following your lead while also firing out at "Bobby P".

Archived