New BP jerseys for 2014

Lights Out

WHY DID THEY GO TWO TONED ON MY INDIANS?!?!

It looks terrible on most of the teams but i kinda like it on the Rockies

All of those navy/red and red/navy two tones look terrible. I really like the Rockies one myself, as well as the Brewers alternate.

Home/away practice jerseys always seemed excessive to me. I don't think the world would end if the Tigers wore a navy/orange practice jersey at home.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I fully expect the Astros to maintain their idiotic minor-league move of wearing the BP's on Sundays at home.

I still can't believe they actually did that...pretty bush league considering they had an alternate in their regular set.

BTW, I'm really going to miss the Pirates' yellow BP jerseys. This was a good-looking jersey:

63-14127-Y.jpg

Couldn't agree with you more, but this does open up the possibility of the team using that yellow jersey as an alternate. The club has been using the black jersey with such frequency on the road and home, it feels like a regular jersey. I could see the occasional use of a yellow version, with a front number, minus the black paneling in the future. While the black jersey is popular, there could be cases in the summer with a series of day games, in which the yellow jersey is used in tandem with the grey road or white home jersey.

Im thining that some of these designs might not be official yet, those MLBicons on some images say Pending League Approval around the circle.

From Uniwatch today:

Sneak Peek: All 30 MLB teams will have new BP jerseys in 2014. The new designs aren’t slated to be unveiled for a few months yet, but I provided an exclusive first look at them (including the four shown above) in a new ESPN column yesterday afternoon.

The little seal shown on some of the designs says, “Pending League/Club Approval.” There are 36 jersey designs in total (some teams have separate home and road designs), and that seal appears on nine of them. In my experience, this has been little more than a formality — the designs that show up in the Majestic catalog, which is where these images are from, are the ones that eventually get unveiled. Moreoever, as I wrote in yesterday’s column, MLB had already confirmed to me that the designs were legit. But shortly after the column was posted, a source I trust from an MLB team got in touch to say that the design shown for his team is wrong. Sure enough, his team was one of the ones with the “Pending League/Club Approval” seal. So we should consider those nine designs to be provisional, at least for now.

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

Is it just me, or do a lot of those chest logos look small? Maybe just because it's a mockup?

And, really, will they sell any of those Cleveland jerseys with a plain, flat, one colored, block "C"? To me, it's the worst of the lot, and I am a die hard Indians fan. But, then, I'm also one of "those" people that likes Wahoo...

I'll just comment on the two teams I follow: Pitt, will miss yellow jersey and hope they don't get any ideas about a color/color number/jersey like a ton of teams do (Angels, Rays, etc) for their alt. Wonder what will replace the lady bug pirate on the sleeve?

Rays: Another lame variation of their alt jersey. I was thinking they would go sunburst on the left breast (in the style of the pirates from last year) to match the sunburst bp hats

EDIT: The more I think about the Pirates alt, the more out of place the BP hat that matches it will look

KISSwall09.jpg

I'll just comment on the two teams I follow: Pitt, will miss yellow jersey and hope they don't get any ideas about a color/color number/jersey like a ton of teams do (Angels, Rays, etc) for their alt. Wonder what will replace the lady bug pirate on the sleeve?

Rays: Another lame variation of their alt jersey. I was thinking they would go sunburst on the left breast (in the style of the pirates from last year) to match the sunburst bp hats

Hell, I'd take the TB monogram on the BP over the hybrid home road alt

I fully expect the Astros to maintain their idiotic minor-league move of wearing the BP's on Sundays at home.

I still can't believe they actually did that...pretty bush league considering they had an alternate in their regular set.

Yeah I like the design for bp, but only bp.

Now if they went with my suggested shoulder striped design, I'd be all for it.

ALSO A HEADS UP: I RECENTLY FOUND AN ASTROS BP JERSEY FOR $17 AT MY LOCAL MARSHALL'S, SO IF ANYONE IS LOOKING FOR BP JERSEYS I WOULD SUGGEST CHECKING THERE/TJ MAXX.

Also, out of all the sites I check out, I can easily see why someone wouldn't like uni watch with lukas. (Redskins watch is actually a section there every single day about fellow people complaining about the nickname)

No, it's a section chronicling all the media coverage the name is currently getting. It's perhaps a subtle distinction, but a very important one.

Well the Brewers finally have something to go with that Retro BP Cap they introduced this season. Nice.

Sure is.

Archived