Premier League to Football Crossover - Queens Park Rangers Added Feb. 28

davidmiller5

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did some quick, rough options of the away uniform. Which is better, the amber sleeves or the white side stripes?

Hmm... having seen it, I don't think the amber sleeves work too well. Of the two, I'd say go with the white side panels and bite the bullet on the pants having a white stripe - or even switch to white pants?

Here is the Hull update.

hulljersey1redo.jpg?t=1382638302

hulljersey2redo.jpg?t=1382552177

hulljersey3v2.jpg

The only difference on the home uniform is the helmet stripe. I matched the helmet stripe to the side panel stripes.

The away uniform now features stripes on white backgrounds. I tried amber pants but it didn't look as sharp to me, so I kept the pants black and the socks amber.

I was surprised there wasn't more negative reaction about the striping on the numbers and last name. I decided to leave it since there wasn't anyone very vocal about it.

I made the flower on the hip of the alternate pants a bit smaller and centered it on the edge of the gold stripe. Everything else remains the same on the alternate.

Edit on 1/12/14: I replaced the striping on the alternate uniform.

award%20sig.png

NorwichOverview.png

norwichjersey1.jpg?t=1382732777

norwichjersey2.jpg?t=1382732838

norwichjersey3.jpg?t=1382732955

I gave Norwich a more classic look that has the same shoulder stripes that the Colts have. Norwich has had yellow shirts with green trim since 1947 and green shorts since at least 1970 so I wanted to keep this look.

The alternate is another city pride uniform. The helmet crest is the city's coat of arms. The black and the helmet and pant striping is taken from the flag of Norfolk which is the county in which Norwich is located.

award%20sig.png

Absolutely love all these designs. I think you should just go with solid black numbers for the Hull Numbers and maybe make the Tiger print more hidden into the uniform, or a little more transparent into the uniform. Just a few ideas to make it seem a little more reasonable.

Absolutely love all these designs. I think you should just go with solid black numbers for the Hull Numbers and maybe make the Tiger print more hidden into the uniform, or a little more transparent into the uniform. Just a few ideas to make it seem a little more reasonable.

Thanks for the comment. Since I have gotten some good feedback about the uniforms, I don't think I will make any more changes unless more people agree with you. If commenters do back up this opinion I will do an edit.

Hopefully I will be able to get Crystal Palace up soon.

award%20sig.png

Introducing Crystal Palace, the Oregon (or at least Oklahoma St.) of the EPL:

CrystalPalaceOverview.png

crystalpalacejerseys.png

I decided to totally Nike-fy one team and Crystal Palace seemed the most logical choice. They just redid their logo so they are obviously looking for a rebrand of some sort. They also aren't a main stay in the top tier of English football, so I think they would want something to get themselves noticed in London which has so many other more prominent teams.

Crystal Palace soccer jerseys are red and blue with yellow trim (very similar to older Barca kits). I kept the yellow trim for that reason. The yellow number outlines seemed to disappear on the white and gray jerseys, so I substituted the yellow for red. The sleeve and pant stripes take their inspiration from Marquette basketball uniforms. It seems somewhat over-the-top, but that is the point of this design. I wanted to give them something that was unique to football but I could envision Nike getting someone to use.

The regular helmets are all matte (of course they would be); you should be able to tell in the overview. Red or blue eagle decals can be worn with the white helmet. The alternate helmet is supposed to look like a glass orb and it is matched with one of the alternate logos.

The helmets, jerseys, pants, and socks can all be matched as the team decides on a game-by-game basis.

I should also mention that many of the fonts used in my designs--including this one--are by Conrad (found on this forum).

award%20sig.png

Introducing Crystal Palace, the Oregon (or at least Oklahoma St.) of the EPL:

CrystalPalaceOverview.png

crystalpalacejerseys.png

I decided to totally Nike-fy one team and Crystal Palace seemed the most logical choice. They just redid their logo so they are obviously looking for a rebrand of some sort. They also aren't a main stay in the top tier of English football, so I think they would want something to get themselves noticed in London which has so many other more prominent teams.

Crystal Palace soccer jerseys are red and blue with yellow trim (very similar to older Barca kits). I kept the yellow trim for that reason. The yellow number outlines seemed to disappear on the white and gray jerseys, so I substituted the yellow for red. The sleeve and pant stripes take their inspiration from Marquette basketball uniforms. It seems somewhat over-the-top, but that is the point of this design. I wanted to give them something that was unique to football but I could envision Nike getting someone to use.

The regular helmets are all matte (of course they would be); you should be able to tell in the overview. Red or blue eagle decals can be worn with the white helmet. The alternate helmet is supposed to look like a glass orb and it is matched with one of the alternate logos.

The helmets, jerseys, pants, and socks can all be matched as the team decides on a game-by-game basis.

I should also mention that many of the fonts used in my designs--including this one--are by Conrad (found on this forum).

I love the helmets in this set. Beautiful!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

And Nike-fy you did, holy hell. That alternate helmet would make Oregon blush. Fantastic.

There's so much going on but I have to say, I rather like it. White(Blue Eagle)-Blue-White-Blue(White accents) and White(Blue Eagle)-White-Blue-Blue(White accents) are my favorite sets together.

spacer.png

I decided to leave Crystal Palace as it is due to a lack of feedback.

Up next is Liverpool:

LiverpoolOverview.png

liverpoolhomejersey.jpg?t=1383669531

liverpoolawayjersey.jpg?t=1383669682

liverpoolaltjersey.jpg?t=1383583427

Liverpool has worn all red as their first kit since the mid 1960s, so I thought it was necessary to keep that look as the home uniform. (Sorry to monochrome haters.) I decided to go with gold instead of white as the second color. The helmet features the same tapered stripes that are on the pants and sleeves. The odd collar horns are based on their current uniform collars. Their motto "You'll Never Walk Alone" is on the inside of the collars of the home and away jerseys.

I wanted to base an alternate uniform on their motto, so I put it down the pants instead of having a stripe and put the alternate logo of the Shankly Gates (from their current crest) on the sleeves. The alternate helmet is matte with a glossy red decal. It is odd but I think it works on an alternate helmet on a team called the Reds. The wide stripe extending down the facemask is based on Oregon State's helmets. The pattern on the numbers is taken from their current third kit design.

The flames in the end zones are taken from their current crests. They are a memorial of those who died in the Hillsboro disaster.

award%20sig.png

Archived