Premier League to Football Crossover - Queens Park Rangers Added Feb. 28

davidmiller5

Thanks for the feedback.

Once you're done with the Premiere League, take on the Champions League (and I'm not saying that just because I have an NFL Champions League thread going).

I had thought of this. We'll see if I am burned out after I finish these.

Good job on Southampton, but maybe incorporate the yellow a bit more?

As for Southampton, I like the use of the halo on the helmet. It just bugs me that yellow is not used anywhere else. I don't know how to fix that though because I think the colour balance on the jersey, pants and socks is right. It reminds me of late 90s Southampton quite a bit to be honest (minus the stripes).

I thought about adding more yellow. I considered adding a halo to the sleeves but thought that I wanted to with a more traditional design and that it wouldn't make sense since halos are never depicted on anything but the head.

I could add some yellow as accents, but Southampton FC doesn't use any yellow, and I decided that the red/white/black balance looked good. I'll try adding some yellow and see how it looks.

award%20sig.png

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I updated Southampton by adding yellow outlines.

[pictures deleted]

I'm not sure exactly what I think about the double outline. I wanted to keep the red, black, and white as much as possible. The yellow outline almost gives a glow around the numbers which I think fits with the Saints concept. I designed two black alternates; I posted the one with only a single outline in yellow. When I put it a yellow outline between the red outline and the black jersey, the yellow popped too much so I also made the numbers red with a white then yellow outline. I think it worked, but consensus says that you should have white numbers on a colored jersey for visibility.

The black pants away uniform has the same white jersey, so I am not picturing it.

What do you think? Is the added yellow outline an improvement? If yes, should I go with a double outline for the alternate or is this one good? Should I have single outlines for the other jerseys?

award%20sig.png

That's alot better, I really like it now. You really incorporated the yellow the right way, subtly not really enough to change the whole feel of the uniform, but enough to feel like the color has a purpose.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

• 2 weeks later...

I was finally able to complete another concept. First of all, the Badger logo is taken from buckys5thquarter.com. I slightly modified it, but credit for the design goes to them.

FULHAMoverview.png

fulhamuniform1.jpg

fulhamuniform2.jpg

fulhamuniform3.jpg

This is another team that I have changed their nickname to one the team doesn't really use. Fulham's mascot is a badger, though; and they have a Downs Syndrome team that is called the Badgers, so I went with it. (Cottagers doesn't really fit too well in a football league, IMO.) The wordmarks are inspired by the shape of Putney Bridge which many fans cross to get to the stadium.

Fulham F.C. has worn white shirts with black shorts for 110 years, so they will wear white at home. The striping on the uniforms is another Adidas triple-stripe design that tapers together at the end to mimic a badger's claws.

The alternate is a black-out uniform that could be worn at home infrequently. The black helmet has a matte finish.

The Craven Cottage logo is taken from the crest that Fulham wore on their kits in the 1930s.

award%20sig.png

Ok, the helmet having both FULHAM and the Badger logo just leaves the thing looking cluttered and shrinking both too much. Either Choose one or the other to have on the helmet because it just looks like a jumbled mess with them both. (Think about how the helmet would look from either the top row of seats at the stadium, or on the screen of a television.)

Ok, the helmet having both FULHAM and the Badger logo just leaves the thing looking cluttered and shrinking both too much. Either Choose one or the other to have on the helmet because it just looks like a jumbled mess with them both. (Think about how the helmet would look from either the top row of seats at the stadium, or on the screen of a television.)

Thanks for the feedback. I did wonder if the helmet is too busy. I am thinking that another team will have a script only helmet, so I added the badger head under the FULHAM script. But I need to make this concept the best it can be and worry about the upcoming team later.

I would love some more feedback on Fulham before I do any updating. Are there other suggestions or comments?

award%20sig.png

You should do Everton

I have been holding off on Everton because I don't really know what to do with them for their logo. The name I am going with is Everton Toffeemen. Should I use the lockup tower that they have used (but doesn't really have anything to do with Toffeemen, or should I go in a different direction?

award%20sig.png

I am considering this color scheme for the West Bromwich Throstles.

throstlesbrown.pngthrostlestan.png

The tan is hard somewhat hard to see; sorry I didn't put a border around it.

West Brom has worn blue and white stripes for an extremely long time, so using this color scheme would get rid of over 100 years of history. This would be a unique look in the league, though. Another blue and white team doesn't really excite me. These colors are taken from the logo of the bird . What do you think of the proposed colors? Those who have knowledge of the EPL, I especially value your feedback. Those who don't, I would also love to hear what you think.

award%20sig.png

Archived