Premier League to Football Crossover - Queens Park Rangers Added Feb. 28

davidmiller5

I love Berlin Wall's idea of using a map to show where the Bundesliga teams are located, so I am brazenly using his idea. Now I am wondering how I didn't think of this myself. I have been giving town/city crests of all these teams, but most of us Americans don't really know where some of these cities are located. I have added a map to post number one. I have grayed out the teams that I have not yet completed; please note that the grayed out logos are not necessarily what their final logos will look like, but they are what I currently have.

I am quoting from post #1 for anyone who is interested.

[edit: removed map; see below for new map]

award%20sig.png

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Proof, if any were needed, that there's only one team in Yorkshire. ;)

Just a thought, but given the high number of teams in London these sort of maps often have a little inset showing a zoomed in view of the capital - might be worth considering doing as the crests are currently a bit out of place due to the fact it's hard to fit so many of them into so small a space!

This whole series is fantastic. Good work!

Thanks.

WestBromOverview.png

wbhomeuni2.png

wbawayuni2.png

wbaltuni.png

Since I gave West Bromwich the nickname Throstles (a throstle is what Americans would call a thrush), I decided to change the color scheme to match their logo (which is taken from their current crest). West Bromwich Albion wears blue and white stripes, but I decided to give them a different look.

West Brom is the only team that does not feature any white. The away jersey is light enough that it should not clash with any team that is wearing a non-white color. Their stripe is taken from the crest of West Midlands (the conglomeration of cities of which West Bromwich is a member). The shoulder stripe is similar to Texas A&M and Mississippi State's shoulder stripes on Adidas uniforms. The uniforms also feature the TV numbers on base sleeves like A&M and MSU. I began a gradient on the sleeves that would continue on long sleeves.

The alternate is a fauxback using the monogram that West Bromwich Albion used on their shirts from the mid-70s through the mid-80s. The WB letters are also used on the inside of the current jerseys.

[edit on home and away jerseys on 12/28/13: moved TV numbers higher up the sleeves]

award%20sig.png

I'll probably be in the minority here since I really don't know anything about Premier League, but I love this set, especially the cream helmet. My only comment is that you might want to move the sleeve numbers up just a wee bit, White numbers right above a white gradient might be a bit hard to see,

I'll probably be in the minority here since I really don't know anything about Premier League, but I love this set, especially the cream helmet. My only comment is that you might want to move the sleeve numbers up just a wee bit, White numbers right above a white gradient might be a bit hard to see,

Thanks. I understand your comment about the sleeve numbers, I'll try to update it sometime soon. Until then, here is my next concept.

sunderlandoverview.png

sunderlandjersey1.jpg

sunderlandjersey2.jpg

sunderlandjersey31.jpg

sunderlandjersey4.jpg

I found Sunderland's cat logo on their website. I kept their current crest as a sleeve logo. Sunderland A.F.C. wears red-and-white striped tops with black shorts and socks, so I gave them red and white jerseys with black pants and socks. I added a black alternate since they are the Black Cats. The pant striping is inspired by their current short design.

The city pride design is meant to be worn in the Tyne-Wear Derby (against Newcastle). As you might remember, I gave Newcastle a city pride design to wear in this game, so I gave Sunderland one as well. I made the uniform yellow so they could wear it against Newcastle and their maroon and gray. The curvy striping is taken from their city crest.

Every jersey has the club's motto Consectatio Excellentiae (In Pursuit of Excellence) on the inside of its collar.

[edit on alternate (black) jersey 12/28/13: changed the shoulder stripes from white to red; changed the collar and sleeve bottoms from red to white]

award%20sig.png

I'll probably be in the minority here since I really don't know anything about Premier League, but I love this set [West Bromwich], especially the cream helmet. My only comment is that you might want to move the sleeve numbers up just a wee bit, White numbers right above a white gradient might be a bit hard to see,

really like [sunderland's] logo and the unis, but on the black jersey i think the stripes should be red to match the pants and the socks

I made these changes. For Sunderland's alternate I also made the collar and sleeve stripes white (originally they were red). I did this because red stripes emanating from a red collar looked odd.

award%20sig.png

EVERTONOverview.png

evertonuniformhome.jpg

evertonuniformAWAY.jpg

evertonuniformalt1.jpg

evertonuniformalt2.jpg

Everton's uniform styles are heavily based on this year's kits: the home has the double sleeve stripe and the alternates have the unique yoke. I added toffee as an alternate color since they are the Toffeemen. The alternate uniforms then use toffee instead of white.

I like the gradient alternate helmet

7wldHiW.png

Chelsea.png

I like Everton, but I'm not so crazy about the use of brown on the alternates, I guess that's what their for. But Blue-Brown doesn't scream Everton, even to an Everton fan. I wouldn't make the gradient helmet the home or away helmet, save the brown for the alts. Blue & White home & away just seems Everton to me.

I also really like the tower logo on the helmets though.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Sunderland is beautiful! My favorite of the series. Everton is nice, but I'd make the gradient helmet the home.

I like Everton, but I'm not so crazy about the use of brown on the alternates, I guess that's what their for. But Blue-Brown doesn't scream Everton, even to an Everton fan. I wouldn't make the gradient helmet the home or away helmet, save the brown for the alts. Blue & White home & away just seems Everton to me.

I also really like the tower logo on the helmets though.

I think that you actually did the gradient tastefully, unlike the Jacksonville Jaguars, but I still think that it should stay as the alternate.

Thanks for the comments. Everton doesn't use any brown so I kept it off of the regular uniforms. DScruggy's comment basically mirrors my thought: blue and white represent the normal look for Everton, and I wanted to keep that. I did want to add a light brown as a secondary (tertiary?) color and use it in the alternates to reflect their Toffeemen name. It isn't a look Everton has used, but it is a look that I liked as an alternate option.

award%20sig.png

Archived