2014 FIFA World Cup

UnclearInitial

Liverpool2014ThirdDesign1.jpg

So this is the leaked 14-15 Liverpool 3rd kit. I know this isn't a world cup kit, but bear with me: Imagine this as the US national kit. Sash? Check. Stripes? Check. Collar? Check. It's the penultimate US kit.

In what way is this the penultimate US kit?

Maybe he knows something about the future of the US soccer team that we don't know. If that's the case, I suppose it's been a good run.

Haha my apologies, chose the wrong adjective - lets go with epitomical.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New USMNT developments from poking around some online shops for information. Mostly gathered from emailing their Facebook accounts and a contact at another store. I really do not know what to expect for the away kit at this point. Keep in mind @eletetsc said it was "Captain America meets WC94."

All of the responses I post below are in regards to this picture which was said to be pretty close to the real thing.

20i6ic.jpg

Also keep in mind that "leak" shows a stripe pattern which is the same as this leak.

k7zbk.jpg

Here are the responses:

"In regards to the away jersey image, we can say that it will not look anything like that (the red mock up)."

"How will it look like? Well....it'll be more blue than red. But that's the most we can say."

"The away jersey does not look like that, it will be split into 3rds with each 3rd being either red white or blue."

"The chest is split up into three color blocks. Its mostly red though from my memory. We all saw them last summer at Nike for about five minutes."

I guess I could possibly see it ending up in some form of this:

capam1LARGEUSE.jpg

However, all I can envision after those responses is this, which I definitely don't think would look good.

france-flag.gif

What do you guys envision this ending up looking like? Don't forget it's supposed to have red shorts and socks. I am getting two different takes, though, where one guy says it's mostly blue and the other says mostly red.

On a slightly different note, I got wind that the home kit had changes slightly from what was initially drawn up. It was as it is now but with no royal blue at all. Strictly red trim, red swoosh, all red crest. So glad that changed.

I think its going to be more of a tight fitting top like the new "dark blue" Brazil kit. I'm guessing a Red shirt with the royal blue crest and swoosh. And for the shorts I could see either red shorts with royal horizontal pin stripes broken up with white stars OR blue shorts with red horizontal pin stripes broken up with white stars.

Side note, does this new Nike cut remind anybody else of the old Nike "system of dress"?

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

I think its going to be more of a tight fitting top like the new "dark blue" Brazil kit. I'm guessing a Red shirt with the royal blue crest and swoosh. And for the shorts I could see either red shorts with royal horizontal pin stripes broken up with white stars OR blue shorts with red horizontal pin stripes broken up with white stars.

Side note, does this new Nike cut remind anybody else of the old Nike "system of dress"?

I'm not sure what you're talking about, the Brazil 3rd kit is tailored no differently from any other Nike WC jersey released so far.

201314-Brasil-CBF-Stadium-Mens-Soccer-Je

The home looks like a normal fitting soccer jersey.

New-Brazil-Third-Kit-2014.jpg

The third seems to be much more form fitting. Not exactly like a compression under shirt like Under Armour but the cut is certainly different on the sides of the torso.

there are way too many variables between those two photos to make any assertions on fit.

With that being said I really like that 3rd kit. Has a huge ducks vibe going for it but a great design nonetheless.

201314-Brasil-CBF-Stadium-Mens-Soccer-Je

The home looks like a normal fitting soccer jersey.

New-Brazil-Third-Kit-2014.jpg

The third seems to be much more form fitting. Not exactly like a compression under shirt like Under Armour but the cut is certainly different on the sides of the torso.

there are way too many variables between those two photos to make any assertions on fit

That, and the yellow is a render, while the black (I see dark forest green, idk what's goign on) is a photo of a mannequin

Really nice effort from Nike but maybe a bit too plain on the top but that's just me. Just wish we would have moved to all white kit with red accents like we did under imbroglio rather than the traditional British colour look. Which makes no sense when you think about it. Will the shorts be in light blue then I assume?

Just for the record, the US home kit that leaked IS the actual home kit. When I said all the royal blue trim was gone, I meant that's what was initially designed. They later ADDED all the royal blue back and what you saw in the leak is accurate.

I only say all this because I have seen posts on Twitter and now UW referencing my post and it's being read as the other way around.

So to repeat, this is the actual home kit!

52nrkx.jpg

Just for the record, the US home kit that leaked IS the actual home kit. When I said all the royal blue trim was gone, I meant that's what was initially designed. They later ADDED all the royal blue back and what you saw in the leak is accurate.

I only say all this because I have seen posts on Twitter and now UW referencing my post and it's being read as the other way around.

So to repeat, this is the actual home kit!

52nrkx.jpg

It wasn't me I swear...

This is really upsetting... Didn't England used to be navy as well? What is going on over in Beaverton?

ENGWC1.jpg

Not my favorite England top, but as far as the color, England has flip flopped over the last five years or so with royal and navy. Lots of subdued efforts from Nike so far. I like our home kit with the trim and collar but that England one just looks bland and sterile. No life to it.

Archived