2014 FIFA World Cup

UnclearInitial

I am just really excited for the United States kits to come out. I have very high expectations for all 3 kits we should be seeing. The move to Royal Blue is fine with me (if not, preferred). I am just praying that we see something anywhere near as great as the "Wheres Waldo Red Hoops" kits that we saw recently. With this being the last World Cup with the current logo, I want it to go out with a bang.

Please, just don't be as bad as the Pageant stripe we saw last World Cup.

Did I miss something?! is the USSF making a long overdue logo change?

eta: navy > royaly blue

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am just really excited for the United States kits to come out. I have very high expectations for all 3 kits we should be seeing. The move to Royal Blue is fine with me (if not, preferred). I am just praying that we see something anywhere near as great as the "Wheres Waldo Red Hoops" kits that we saw recently. With this being the last World Cup with the current logo, I want it to go out with a bang.

I'll go in the other direction: I was under the assumption that USSF understood and that these will be the first kits with the new logo, assuming it is a tweaked version of the centennial crest?

I'll go in the other direction: I was under the assumption that USSF understood and that these will be the first kits with the new logo, assuming it is a tweaked version of the centennial crest?

What are any of you basing any of this on? I haven't hear any confirmation, rumors, etc... I hope we stay with the centennial crest or something similar but have little faith that we will.

As far as the debate regarding the monochrome kits and the few kits with the traditional shorts (France, Mexico, etc), my take is that these squads are introducing them with the contrasting shorts and that will be their preferred kit combo. However, when used in strict FIFA tournaments, I bet they will use an alternate pair of shorts. Compared to Germany and Spain, those kits were introduced as monochrome. For that reason, I am not expecting those teams to release their more traditional contrasting shorts.

But the Spain monochrome has nothing to do with the regulations either. The blue shorts would make for an all dark colour kit, just as much as the red shorts do.

I wouldn't be surprised if really what FIFA want is teams only wearing two combinations of kit. That is to say Germany not changing into black shorts for the odd game.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Once again, for those that missed it upthread:

The 2014 regulations on uniforms are IDENTICAL TO THE 2010! FIFA did not magically mandate monochrome. The rules do not mandate monochrome. Adidas decided they wanted to push monochrome. There is no confirmation that Nike or Puma or whoever else is supplying kits is bringing out monochrome.

The rules say predominantly light or predominantly dark to prevent a squad from showing up with (like Sweden did in 1994) a yellow and a white. UEFA regulations still use the term "visibly contrast" or "clash". FIFA used to use that same term (it's in the 2006 regulations), but clarified it so that everyone had to be in a light or dark kit.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I wonder why Addidas would want monochrome...I doubt they have very high sales for shorts or socks so why would they care.

We all know Adidas has the best marketers ever, coming up with the best ideas to sell products. Just look at the nba and their sleeved jerseys and college football having almost every team not look like its suppose to, and the zubaz shorts in college basketball

I wonder why Addidas would want monochrome...I doubt they have very high sales for shorts or socks so why would they care.

Socks (more than just Elite, Vapor and adidas' equivalents of those two) are probably the hottest thing going right now.

Except that not many people buy or wear soccer kit socks.

Socks (more than just Elite, Vapor and adidas' equivalents of those two) are probably the hottest thing going right now.

Except that not many people buy or wear soccer kit socks.

maybe but there are those that do buy blue adidas socks because they are chelsea fans or :censored: like that

What are any of you basing any of this on? I haven't hear any confirmation, rumors, etc... I hope we stay with the centennial crest or something similar but have little faith that we will.

I read somewhere (on this forum) about them 'updating' the logo soon. This was around the time when people were petitioning that they keep the Centennial Crest. I can't remember the exact quote, as it was very vague, but most people were saying it clearly meant change.

As much as a I prefer the Centennial Crest to the current crest, I think we should just use the current crest for the world cup and retire it with a new crest. Something modern. I've seen some great concepts on these forums.

I read somewhere (on this forum) about them 'updating' the logo soon. This was around the time when people were petitioning that they keep the Centennial Crest. I can't remember the exact quote, as it was very vague, but most people were saying it clearly meant change.

As much as a I prefer the Centennial Crest to the current crest, I think we should just use the current crest for the world cup and retire it with a new crest. Something modern. I've seen some great concepts on these forums.

If we are going to change it, why wait?

If we are going to change it, why wait?
I agree with this. The faster we can mothball the shooting ball and replace it with something more traditional, the better. I would support either the centennial crest or the 1950 shield fully but would be open to other ideas if they were equally classic.

All this talk about Adidas and the monochrome efforts that they are putting forth. I'm surprised no one has mentioned the facts that Germany's away kit will have black shorts, Colombia's away kit has navy shorts and red socks, Argentina has alternate black shorts and socks for their home kit. Spain's away kit is supposed to be black so maybe they won't wear any blue shorts, but that is at least three of the teams that everyone is up in arms over that will have the option of wearing more traditional kits. The reality is that the way the FIFA rules have played out as of late is that the opposing team's individual clothing items must not clash with each other. So if say France is listed as the home squad and Germany the away and France goes Blue shirt, white shorts, red socks then Germany would be forced to wear black shorts because their white ones would clash with France's. Pretty simple if you ask me.

All this talk about Adidas and the monochrome efforts that they are putting forth. I'm surprised no one has mentioned the facts that Germany's away kit will have black shorts, Colombia's away kit has navy shorts and red socks, Argentina has alternate black shorts and socks for their home kit. Spain's away kit is supposed to be black so maybe they won't wear any blue shorts, but that is at least three of the teams that everyone is up in arms over that will have the option of wearing more traditional kits. The reality is that the way the FIFA rules have played out as of late is that the opposing team's individual clothing items must not clash with each other. So if say France is listed as the home squad and Germany the away and France goes Blue shirt, white shorts, red socks then Germany would be forced to wear black shorts because their white ones would clash with France's. Pretty simple if you ask me.

i think you mean match not clash

Germany+v+Serbia+Group+2010+FIFA+World+C

This is Germany v Serbia on the last World Cup. I don't have my full vision, but I don't think that the Serbia blue shorts clashes with the Germany black shorts.

That's one of the reasons that made Adidas go full mono. Of the 23 teams that can be on the Germany group, only 10 can be the Team A with Germany still wearing white/black/white.

iexi8K.png

Archived