2014 FIFA World Cup

UnclearInitial

USA%20Thailand%20soccer%20jersey%20fans%

I purchased a World Cup USA Home Soccer Jersey, looks pretty good.

I thought about buying a white jersey, but with no number it just looks like a golf polo.

See, I kinda like that it looks like a regular polo without the numbers. You could totally get away with wearing that at the office.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought about buying a white jersey, but with no number it just looks like a golf polo.

See, I kinda like that it looks like a regular polo without the numbers. You could totally get away with wearing that at the office.

Which is exactly why I bought a numberless shirt.

gYH2mW9.png

I went to the final friendly against Nigeria in Jacksonville and came close to dropping $90 on this, but I just couldn't resist buying the Rocket Pop

Here are the World Cup Final kits that both Germany and Argentina will be wearing. I don't know if the commemorative stitching will be correct or not. World Soccer Shop is selling both right now. I guess they are just following the trend of the kits that both teams were wearing throughout the tournament. I was hoping it would say FINAL above the two teams names so that it distinct from this match from the others. Will only hope that it isn't anything else or there will be some pissed off World Soccer Shop customers wanting their money back :P

2mfh1l.jpg

o7vhc8.jpg

Here are the World Cup Final kits that both Germany and Argentina will be wearing. I don't know if the commemorative stitching will be correct or not. World Soccer Shop is selling both right now. I guess they are just following the trend of the kits that both teams were wearing throughout the tournament. I was hoping it would say FINAL above the two teams names so that it distinct from this match from the others. Will only hope that it isn't anything else or there will be some pissed off World Soccer Shop customers wanting their money back :P

2mfh1l.jpg

"Deustchland"?

Oh I hope that's not the final product...

Its always a shame when one team has to sacrifice their iconic look in the final to accommodate TV or the home team. We've had a run if those the past WC's and it sort of disrupts what your view of a final between to giants should look like.

I mean, Argentina can play in their home against a white team, look at the goal of the century and hand of god game against England.

Its always a shame when one team has to sacrifice their iconic look in the final to accommodate TV or the home team. We've had a run if those the past WC's and it sort of disrupts what your view of a final between to giants should look like.

I mean, Argentina can play in their home against a white team, look at the goal of the century and hand of god game against England.

Argentina sported dark blue shirts in the 1986 quarter final against England - apparently they were wearing a set of polyester shirts hastily purchased in Mexico City after the players complained that their standard issue cotton shirts were uncomfortable in the heat...

jeugdspeler-newcastle-imiteert-hand-van-

The stumpy little cheat. :mad:

But I agree, it's a shame to see teams compromise their traditional, 'iconic' strips.

Since Netherlands change kit is all blue it was inevitable. Seeing as they might still get blown out again I'd expect them to keep the current kit, only because they are known for that look.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I think a big reason why it's an iconic kit - aside from Brazil's standing in the game, of course - is that their 1970 triumph was the first World Cup to be broadcast in colour in many parts of the world. Seeing Pele, Jairzinho et al showing off their skills in the novelty of glorious technicolor helped give their colourful kits an iconic status.

Unsurprisingly, Brazil has returned to their white shorts for today's game. Do you guys think we will ever see the blue shorts again. Aesthetically wise, I hope they do but superstitiously, I doubt it.

Brazil has to move away from these ridiculous combinations of white shorts and socks or blue shorts and socks along with their primary kit. Brazil = yellow kits and blue shorts along with white socks. I hate the fact that in this day age we just gloss over shorts and socks as if they weren't an integral part of a country's looks.

Archived