2014 FIFA World Cup

UnclearInitial

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems a bit arrogant to wear a shirt with 4 stars straight away. Plus, get that STUPID fifa patch off the front of the shirt, its so big and conspicuous.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I noticed Schweinsteiger wearing it on the pitch. It seems a little to rude to wear the new kit before accepting the trophy but they deserve it.

Great to see my Deutschland lift the trophy today, just wished they could have worn black shorts.

Weltmeister 2014!

Meh, Spain did it in 2010 and I didn't mind.

Speaking of, any idea when we might see jerseys with 4 stars, but without the champions patch? I have no idea what the timeframe is for a change like that to be made, maybe you can give some insight on what Spain did in 2010. Is it the kind of thing where in a week we'll start seeing standard German jerseys with 4 stars, or do we need to wait a year or two until the next jersey redesign?

Spain immediately began wearing their kit with a star and was quickly issued a new design with the blue trimmed shoulders. I think the 4 star tops will quickly be available (they are already on the DFB shop) but will come standard with the patch. That's how Spain's tops have been since their win. I also expect the shops to try to sell through their current 3 star shirts since they are now "vintage" so it will be interesting to see how they are priced at retail. On a side note- I wonder if adidas will try to capitalize on Germany and issue a new design within the next few months.

Wearing the 4th star is fine, its just for myself I personally don't think you need to go to those lengths. Just wear the shirt you're in. All this extraneous stuff is so petty to me. You're lifting the world cup trophy, is that not enough that you need to start adding new shirts and patches to things? we get it! Bugs me.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Meh, Spain did it in 2010 and I didn't mind.

Funny thing that year was that Spain wore their navy change kit in the final, but the players put on the red primary (with the winners' accoutrements) for the trophy presentation.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Is it really any worse than the "Super Bowl Champs" shirts they give out right after the game?

That's my mindset as well. Why is it arrogant to throw on a shirt with a 4th star right away? They just earned it. Let them celebrate it. I'm fine with the idea.

gYH2mW9.png

Looks like Germany is already selling their kit with four stars

http://dfb-fanshop.de/

25914-1.jpg

A few of the German players were wearing those shirts when they went up to get the trophy - can't say I've ever been keen on the practice.

I bought mine last night off the DFB fan shop customized with Schweinsteiger on the back :P. It'll be here in 1-2 weeks! Can't wait to wear it!!!!

Plus it's the WORLD CHAMPIONS 2014 patch

Deutschland Deutschland Deutschland! Weltmeister 2014!!!!

Archived