2014 FIFA World Cup

UnclearInitial

I hate the trend towards dropping your traditional shorts/color combinations. Germany have a white kit and black shorts...always been that way and shouldn't be changed just cause the shorts might clash. Brazil should always wear white socks instead of those blue abominations.

I'm not entirely convinced that those will be the usual choice of shorts, if it's from a promo shoot, Adidas might be showing the range of kit choices? There aren't too many times when Argentina need to change shorts, when they don't also change their shirt.
You would have a good point if we hadn't repeatedly heard that teams are being urged to go monotone to avoid clashes.
But that in itself is just a rumour, with little or no evidence, yet, to support it.

Except for stuff like this example.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FIFA legislates the uniforms to such an insane degree (just go read the rules about kits in their World Cup rulebook) that any "recommendation" to go monochrome will be listed.

I'm not saying it will or won't happen, I'm just saying FIFA will spell it out when the decision is made.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Hey guys, just wondering if their is any info on Greece's World Cup kit?

Thanks in advance.

Yeh, it'll be white and blue with a Nike swoosh on it. :upside:

Just joking. No, there wasn't any info leaked yet.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Hey guys, just wondering if their is any info on Greece's World Cup kit?

Thanks in advance.

Yeh, it'll be white and blue with a Nike swoosh on it. :upside:

Just joking. No, there wasn't any info leaked yet.

Haha, cheers.

Hopefully it's better then this years Nike kit.

Jaguars

"Official" photo of the Brasil kit:

WCBRASS0.jpg

WCBRASS1.jpg

Hmm, thats interesting. That's a brand new template that hasn't been used yet. Notice the raglan sleeves and the new v shaped ventilation pattern under the arms.

I would imagine this negates the legitimacy of the previously leaked Nike kits(Portugal and holland)?

That's a classy look for brazil. Hopefully it is paired with blue shorts.

"Official" photo of the Brasil kit:

WCBRASS0.jpgWCBRASS1.jpg

Hmm, thats interesting. That's a brand new template that hasn't been used yet. Notice the raglan sleeves and the new v shaped ventilation pattern under the arms.

I would imagine this negates the legitimacy of the previously leaked Nike kits(Portugal and holland)?

That's a classy look for brazil. Hopefully it is paired with blue shorts.

Not necessarily (as far as the other leaks being fake are concerned). I believe the other shirts had the same ventilation. Hopefully Nike is using customized templates instead of a single one. The good thing, though, is that a Nike template is usually an "open canvas" to sublimate graphics. This gives you a lot more customization compared to an adidas template. You might be stuck with one collar style, like 2010. This looks promising, though. I have high hopes for the Yanks.

You know what, I think you're right. The other ones looked like the old ventilation holes, but upon further inspection they look to be in the same v shapes. They still have the t shaped thing on the shoulders and a similar cut to the old templates.

Nike is a lot better with customization and unique looks for national teams. Their custom number fonts alone set them apart from the generic fonts that Adidas uses very year.

Spain home:

Spain+2014+World+cup+Home+Kit+1.JPG

Spain+2014+World+cup+Home+Kit.jpg

No triangle, that's a relief, but whys there four things on top of the kit, not just the crest, adidas logo and number but sOmething else as well.

Poor quality image, but it's most likely the World Cup holders badge.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

It's starting to look more and more like the rumors of monochrome kits will be true. It's a shame, really. None of these teams will look like themselves. Spain, Brazil, Germany, Argentina, etc will all look bizarre. It's not as big of a deal for the United States but those classic teams should always have their contrasting shorts. As for the kits so far, adidas seems to be putting out some duds. Nothing exciting or impressive thus far.

Edit-one more thought on Spain. If they really were going to do all red, they should have put a heavier emphasis on adding blue to the shirt. This looks really washed out with the gold and lack of blue. Spain did all red one time recently and it was better than this upcoming kit. The yellow and touches of blue saved it a bit.

1364335550_extras_noticia_foton_7_1.jpg

Archived