2014 FIFA World Cup

UnclearInitial

This looks like a USA jersey to me. Yes, we have the same colors as England but England kits were traditionally more vibrant than USA kits when made by Umbro. If both teams had separate kit providers we'd probably not compare teh two. Though to be fair, England always looked good when they found a way to incorporate the St. George flag properly. The US has always looked better when they tried to go with a more simple look like this. Red pin stripes would help that shirt so much more though.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Australia will have the traditional green shorts and white socks as an option in Brazil according to local media reports here yesterday.

liverpool-1.png

I'm calling it right now. We will have a new font in Brazil. Check out the word mark on the training shirt and jacket. Also, it is pleasing to see navy not completely phased out.

3879_2_.jpg

3871_1_.jpg

3871_2_.jpg

so it will probably be block then, maybe a custom version but doubtful

Maybe like a hexagonal block font?

I hope not, I really liked out font. Didn't think there was anything wrong with it.

Would suck to see them change the font that no one had a problem with but keep the crest unchanged.

Kind of reminds me of this font:

NAVY1.20.12.23.ProCombat58-1-c.jpg

Looks to be more vertically stretched and narrow. It also has hints of customization with the notch in the "U." Surely it will be custom; Nike has had custom fonts for their top teams including Brazil, Portugal, Holland, and France for years. The US was among that group. The "lower" tier teams were given the generic team font. This new font definitely isn't that so I suspect it to be a newly designed one similar to the way Brazil has switched it up throughout the years. They had the original custom font starting in 2006, went to the squarish font when they had the green bar shirt and now the new kit font.

I'm calling it right now. We will have a new font in Brazil. Check out the word mark on the training shirt and jacket. Also, it is pleasing to see navy not completely phased out.

3879_2_.jpg

3871_1_.jpg

3871_2_.jpg

The shirt as a whole is nice until you zoom in and see that its still a royal logo but against a navy background. Cannot figure for the life of me what Nike is trying to do here. They always give a very detailed descriptions for designs on nikeinc.com alongside releases; I've never been more curious for one.

Well guys I think I cracked the "World Cup 94 meets Captain America." I can envision it now. Red shirt with a thick blue stripe with the red and white inverted from the ball. Big white stars. Red shorts and socks with a thick blue cuff on the socks. Maybe a blue band with stars down the sides of the shorts?

k7zbk.jpg

Sounds pretty American to me. If it has stars and stripes, its good in my mind (yes, I like the 94 jerseys) Even if we don't see a leak, aren't the aways supposed to be officially released soon? Also where did you find the ball...I think I want to buy it haha.

Well guys I think I cracked the "World Cup 94 meets Captain America." I can envision it now. Red shirt with a thick blue stripe with the red and white inverted from the ball. Big white stars. Red shorts and socks with a thick blue cuff on the socks. Maybe a blue band with stars down the sides of the shorts?

Are you thinking something like what the Chicago Fire wear? I think that could end up looking really nice for the US.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived