2014 FIFA World Cup

UnclearInitial

This was posted on Twitter by someone in the know who said its "not exact, should be close." Is it wrong if I really like this? I like the idea of the away shirt being more "out there." You can't look at this shirt and not know it's American. The only difference I recall was that the Nike catalog said the away shirt would have raglan sleeves.

Absolutely not. Its American, I like it too :flagusa: . But if it has raglan sleeves, that will make it a bad jersey.

Why? Raglan sleeves wont alter the design in any way, and i always viewed raglan sleeves as being unique and classy

Brazil's home kit has raglan sleeves. Only one that i can think of off the top of my head. And yeah i don't think it'll affect it too much.

I actually kinda like the away if it's anything close to that. Lets make a statement! My guess is that it would be the thick blue bordered by white and another thin blue like the soccer ball that was posted earlier.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought raglan sleeves are 3/4 sleeves? Or am I completely wrong on that?

No, it means they connect at the neck as opposed to the shoulder. Think of a baseball tee.

My bad. That shouldn't change anything too much then.

I thought raglan = 3/4 as well, but google agrees with you. The US hat a 3/4 kit in 2004 by the way. They looked like too-small regular jerseys.2004_third.jpg

I thought raglan sleeves are 3/4 sleeves? Or am I completely wrong on that?

No, it means they connect at the neck as opposed to the shoulder. Think of a baseball tee.

My bad. That shouldn't change anything too much then.

I thought raglan = 3/4 as well, but google agrees with you. The US hat a 3/4 kit in 2004 by the way. They looked like too-small regular jerseys.2004_third.jpg
That still ranks up there as top 2 US jersey of all time for me. That along with the DTOM jersey. I really loved the centennial but the main feature was the crest, there wasn't a real design apart from that. The hoops were cool as an alternate and could be a memorable full time look but it still had the cartoon crest. I guess I just really love the kits with a simplified crest!

This was posted on Twitter by someone in the know who said its "not exact, should be close." Is it wrong if I really like this? I like the idea of the away shirt being more "out there." You can't look at this shirt and not know it's American. The only difference I recall was that the Nike catalog said the away shirt would have raglan sleeves.

25rfk21.jpg

Didn't someone say think Captain America meets 94 Cup kit. So wouldn't that imply that at least part of the kit has red and white stripes?

25rfk21.jpg

Didn't someone say think Captain America meets 94 Cup kit. So wouldn't that imply that at least part of the kit has red and white stripes?

i all fairness that is a pretty broad term, and probably not the best description either

25rfk21.jpg

The source was probably referring to the away denim kit's stars, not the home wavy stripes. They would have just said 'striped.'

1e93651e62c14c79196590e02e5ed5ec805c6fe9

even if this is a mock up, I already like it much more than the bland home.

the royal instead of navy still irks me.

that 3/4 sleeve US special kit from the early 00's is class, including the logo which reminds me of classi US street/highway road signs from the shape of it.

alltough a bit off topic, any idea where I could get exactly such a World Cup USA 94 Away jersey with Lalas 22 on it?

Archived