2014 FIFA World Cup

UnclearInitial

Didn't notice this initially, but i don't like the detail on the socks

http://www.ussoccerstore.com/enlarge.html?http://ep.yimg.com/ay/yhst-96316601417599/nike-usa-2014-2015-home-socks-5.jpg

I think the home kit is classy, little plain, but that's better than ugly.

I really loved our old number font, it was unique and i thought worked for us. Didn't think a change was necessary and would've liked a custom font, but it's still a nice choice.

nike-usa-2014-2015-home-socks-5.jpg

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, now that nearly all kits are released (except Greece haha) I think that the tournament will look great. Apart from the few shorts errors from Adidas I like nearly every single kit.

Indeed - it's not been too bad so far, to be honest. It should be a decent looking tournament.

So did anyone else notice that there seems to be some discrepancy in the renders released of the USMNT kit?

This is on nikeinc.com:

USA_HOME_COLLAR2_PRIDEht_(v1)_detail.jpg

This is on ussoccerstore.com:

men-s-nike-usa-2014-2015-home-stadium-je

I wonder if the blue edge of the collar and hidden buttons are only on authentics (match) and not on replicas (stadium)?

Probably just a minor different between the two because I already have a replica and the outer visible part of the trim is red and the underside is blue. They might have it shown that way in the launch photos just so you are aware the underside is blue. Also here is another shot where it looks like the authentic has the buttons hidden behind the fabric. Not a big enough deal. Doesn't change the way the design looks. I want to see the entire number font. I have only seen one or two numbers so far. A shot of the front with numbers would be nice, too.

kF8Bl3s.jpg

Didn't like the kit much to begin with, but I'm particularly sad we're losing the font that we've had since 2006. I liked that font a lot and it was nice to have that bit of continuity from year to year. Looks like Nike is changing all of its custom fonts for 2014 (though Croatia still has the same old generic Nike font it's always had).

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

I liked this quote from an article, "The shirt is available now and will fit all of your business casual needs for $90."

All Greece ever seems to do is take a templated kit with blue highlights (i.e. Adidas stripes in 2010, Nike cuffs in 2014) so I'm not surprised in the least. I suppose as long as a certain colour-named member of the boards is happy...

1924821_10152047606478883_1494219402_n.j

So now is the USA away kit the only non-released kit left?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Probably just a minor different between the two because I already have a replica and the outer visible part of the trim is red and the underside is blue. They might have it shown that way in the launch photos just so you are aware the underside is blue. Also here is another shot where it looks like the authentic has the buttons hidden behind the fabric. Not a big enough deal. Doesn't change the way the design looks. I want to see the entire number font. I have only seen one or two numbers so far. A shot of the front with numbers would be nice, too.

kF8Bl3s.jpg

That crest is ginormous.

and i assumer this is what the font will look like. It looks like straight names as well, no? looks better with the stripes.

1bcf843107cfc45b7fc675cd3682194d.jpg

That Dutch typography is giving me special feelings.

The US's is giving me gas.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Probably just a minor different between the two because I already have a replica and the outer visible part of the trim is red and the underside is blue. They might have it shown that way in the launch photos just so you are aware the underside is blue. Also here is another shot where it looks like the authentic has the buttons hidden behind the fabric. Not a big enough deal. Doesn't change the way the design looks. I want to see the entire number font. I have only seen one or two numbers so far. A shot of the front with numbers would be nice, too.kF8Bl3s.jpg

That crest is ginormous.

and i assumer this is what the font will look like. It looks like straight names as well, no? looks better with the stripes.1bcf843107cfc45b7fc675cd3682194d.jpg

What font is that you expect the US kit will have?

Probably just a minor different between the two because I already have a replica and the outer visible part of the trim is red and the underside is blue. They might have it shown that way in the launch photos just so you are aware the underside is blue. Also here is another shot where it looks like the authentic has the buttons hidden behind the fabric. Not a big enough deal. Doesn't change the way the design looks. I want to see the entire number font. I have only seen one or two numbers so far. A shot of the front with numbers would be nice, too.kF8Bl3s.jpg

That crest is ginormous.

and i assumer this is what the font will look like. It looks like straight names as well, no? looks better with the stripes.1bcf843107cfc45b7fc675cd3682194d.jpg

What font is that you expect the US kit will have?

Somebody called it a few months back, it's called Rex font.

The thing that irks me the most about the US kit, outside of the fact that its uninspiring, bland, and looks like a golf shirt, is that Nike and the team had an opportunity to stake a claim to an identity and just passed up on the opportunity. As much as some people hate the Waldo-kits (I personally love them), they scream America. Blue shorts, red stripes? You can't get more American flag than that. And while I'm not a huge fan of all the sash jerseys (some are better than others), at least that can be their thing. I'd rather Nike swing and miss than not swing at all.

Archived