2014 FIFA World Cup

UnclearInitial

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So now is the USA away kit the only non-released kit left?

Nothing official on either of England's kits as of yet.

Hmmm... kinda silly that they hold out England and half of the USA until dead last. What's that accomplish?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Hmmm... kinda silly that they hold out England and half of the USA until dead last. What's that accomplish?

I am surprised they have not been released yet. You would think the friendly tomorrow night would be a good time to introduce new kits as we are well into World Cup preparation mode with only 100 days to go.

Saying that, there are 3 friendlies late May/early June, so maybe we will have to wait until then for England.

http://www.thefa.com/england/fixtures

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

England's white kits will be released before the friendly vs. Peru in May.

People in England complain about having to buy new shirts too often (weird, since nothing requires them to purchase every one), and since Nike just took over for them last year, they are waiting as long as possible to minimize fans' complaints about having to buy another shirt so soon.

The Dutch font looks clean and crisp compared to previous shirts.

Designed especially for the kits by legendary Dutch typographer Wim Crouwel, no less.

Netherlands+2014+World+Cup+back+numbers.

Gdu, do you have that font avail for download?

Nope, just saw this image posted on another site and figured it would be appreciated here. Will post if I see it available for download somewhere.

The thing that irks me the most about the US kit, outside of the fact that its uninspiring, bland, and looks like a golf shirt, is that Nike and the team had an opportunity to stake a claim to an identity and just passed up on the opportunity. As much as some people hate the Waldo-kits (I personally love them), they scream America. Blue shorts, red stripes? You can't get more American flag than that. And while I'm not a huge fan of all the sash jerseys (some are better than others), at least that can be their thing. I'd rather Nike swing and miss than not swing at all.

I'm getting the impression that Nike played it safe with our home shirt and maybe went out on a limb with the red away shirt (which is not how Nike typically does soccer shirts, so we'll see).

I agree though that it would be great for fans/US Soccer/Nike if they could come up with a new crest and "look" moving forward. This would have been a good time to do it, but maybe US Soccer wasn't ready.

England's white kits will be released before the friendly vs. Peru in May.

People in England complain about having to buy new shirts too often (weird, since nothing requires them to purchase every one), and since Nike just took over for them last year, they are waiting as long as possible to minimize fans' complaints about having to buy another shirt so soon.

I think that might be a factor, the media in particular are very sensitive of this sort of thing so Nike may be holding off a little given that the current shirts are still relatively new. People anticipate new shirts in the run up to a tournament, so there's less likelihood of negative column inches if they release them a bit closer to the World Cup.

Also, the current England shirts carry a commemorative crest marking the occasion of the 150th anniversary of the founding of the FA. Although last year marked the actual anniversary (and the shirt has 1863-2013 on it), the FA are doing celebratory stuff for the full season so it makes sense to bring out the new non-anniversary kit following the end of the campaign.

If the USA actually made a "Captain America" away jersey, I'd probably buy it. Seriously, after the World Cup they should team up with MARVEL and do a one-off that looks similar to Cap's uniform.

captain_america.jpg

USSoccerCaptainAmerica_zps637b87ad.png

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

If the USA actually made a "Captain America" away jersey, I'd probably buy it. Seriously, after the World Cup they should team up with MARVEL and do a one-off that looks similar to Cap's uniform.

captain_america.jpg

Absolutely not.

There has been a bonanza of released and leaked kits the last few days so just so we have a running list here are the kits that we haven't seen anything from:

Brazil Away

England Away

Bosnia and Herzegovina Home and Away(yes we have seen the Legea kits but those aren't the kits they will be wearing at the World Cup)

Portugal Away

United States Away.

That's it only 6 more out of 64 left.

Archived