2014 FIFA World Cup

UnclearInitial

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The USA kit has tried to go for understated and classy and has just come out as nothing. There is literally nothing on there you could call a design feature.

Shame.

Yeah...it feels like the thought behind this was: "why spend much time on a design? We're not going to be there long anyway."

Has anyone seen the England away kits? What will they look like (to the best of y'alls knowledge)?

I've not seen any leaked images, but recall reading somewhere that it'll be our traditional red with darker red accents, paired with white shorts with red trim and red socks.

US names:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>SportingID's US Soccer nameset under a UV light. "One nation". <a href="https://twitter.com/ITWSportingiD">@ITWSportingiD</a> <a href="http://t.co/mZj8UccRuU">pic.twitter.com/mZj8UccRuU</a></p>— Gianpy Belaunde (@plooneytunes) <a href="
">March 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I like what Puma came up with Uruguay. My only concern is that I don't like it very much when the logo of the kit supplier is in a different colour than the numbers. Especially for the away the Puma logo had to be black.

uruguay-maillot-domicile-coupe-monde-201uruguay-maillot-coupe-monde-2014.jpeg

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

The kits for the Ivory Coast are one of the least favorites for the World Cup for me. I don't like the lack of green on the home jersey and the lack of orange on the away jersey.

drogba-nouveau-maillot-coupe-monde-2014.coupe-du-monde-2014-cote-ivoire-maillot.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

So the 2 biggest changes for Nike with this cycle of uniforms is no more shoulder tape (which was weird in the first place) and crests/logos are embroidered on the authentics (rather than on just the replicas).

Brazil away:

Brasil_Away_Kit_detail.jpg?1393968634

BRAZIL_AWAY_HALF_MOVE_(v2)_detail.jpg?13

BRAZIL_AWAY_QUARTER_TURN_(v2)_detail.jpg

BRAZIL_AWAY_BADGECOLLAR_FULL_(v2)_detail

Very nice. I wonder why they use different collars from the home to the away jersey? Maybe it's just that my life is too much all about building cohesive brands but that seems like a little thing that could go a long way in making them "perfect".

Archived