2014 FIFA World Cup

UnclearInitial

I guess it was because their home socks were white and it would've looked even worse with black shorts and royal blue socks (which they had to wear in this game cause Mexico decided to wear white socks for this WC).

What bugs me more is why the German team wore their black shorts against Argentina. Why don't just wear the regular white ones?

That is the question about Germany, especially them being the away side for that QF tie and white shorts being their alternate. Probably a last minute decision by the DFB and kit manager

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well thankfully I never upgraded my PS3. At least now I can play FIFA World Cup 2014 on my PS3. But I have played FIFA14 on PS4 and it looks a lot better on PS4 than PS3. Amazing colors and seamless transitions. Though, I can't find anywhere if the World Cup game is based on the FIFA14 playing and physics engine. Does anyone know?

No kidding. I was honestly contemplating getting the PS4 with Madden and the World Cup game but then saw it's only for the (now) old generations.

On a side note, who is ready to print Julian Green on their new US World Cup shirts?? Haha

WHOOP WHOOP!

Honestly i expect those to be fairly popular by the summer.

Well thankfully I never upgraded my PS3. At least now I can play FIFA World Cup 2014 on my PS3. But I have played FIFA14 on PS4 and it looks a lot better on PS4 than PS3. Amazing colors and seamless transitions. Though, I can't find anywhere if the World Cup game is based on the FIFA14 playing and physics engine. Does anyone know?

Must not have looked very hard. Clearly states they are using the FIFA 14 engine albeit with improvements.

The FIFA World Cup game will be my last new game purchase on the last generation.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Where does it say that it's using the FIFA14 engine?

What other engine could they use instead? They won't create a whole new engine for this game. But they created some new ball physics.

About Green, I'm not sure if a guy that just played in the fourth German Leagues is ready for a World Cup.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Yea but if both uniforms are monochrome, will they ever need to change? I feel like if there is a clash, teams usually change TO a monochrome look, as opposed to AWAY from a monochrome look. I could be wrong though...

When the US went on the road to France (who wore their usual blue/white/red) we had to go with our traditional white/blue/white. France wasn't in monochrome but their white shorts made us go to colored shorts.

Steve-Cherundolo-USA-socc-007.jpg

Good catch. I guess we will eventually see what they do. I know for the last work cup, Netherlands had black, orange, and blue shorts. So it is possible to have 3 shorts.

It can look really bad when you mismatch home/away shorts though, like Argentina last WC (no idea why they wouldn't wear their normal black shorts in this match up)

Argentina-World-Cup-Football-Mexico-Mess

I wondered the same thing at that time and the answer I gave to myself was that in that match Mexico's was the dark kit, and Argentina's the light kit.

So, wearing black shorts would have made Argentina be hald light half dark.

But then... I realised that Mexico (the dark kit) was wearing white shorts.

So I gave up and had a beer.

Good idea, people are clearly overthinking this light/dark kit distinction here.

This was their dark kit

mexccc%5B2%5D.jpg

Good idea, people are clearly overthinking this light/dark kit distinction here.

This was their dark kit

mexccc%5B2%5D.jpg

Yeah but my point was that Mexico (despite wearing their own light kit) were the darker side on the pitch.

It was wrong anyways.

The beer was good.

Green is a long term project. I doubt he'll be on this year's roster. Klinnsman isn't likely to pull a Sven and bring him after one game.

Klinnsman will be pulling a Sven and bring Green to have him sit on bench but have the World Cup experience. Just for the hype.

What other engine could they use instead? They won't create a whole new engine for this game. But they created some new ball physics.

About Green, I'm not sure if a guy that just played in the fourth German Leagues is ready for a World Cup.

I only ask about the game engine as the last two EURO games that were released were not based on the FIFA engine. Just a wonder on my part. Thanks for the clarification BW.

I only ask about the game engine as the last two EURO games that were released were not based on the FIFA engine. Just a wonder on my part. Thanks for the clarification BW.

EURO 2012 was an expansion DLC on FIFA 12 and was not available separately.

Where do you get your facts from?

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

EURO 2012 was an expansion DLC on FIFA 12 and was not available separately.

Where do you get your facts from?[/quote*]

I read that on IGN about the last two EURO games. I will admit I am wrong when I'm wrong. Thanks for the clarification marble

Archived