2014 FIFA World Cup

UnclearInitial

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bosnia and Herzegovina to adidas: http://www.footyheadlines.com/2014/03/bosnia-and-herzegovina-sign-adidas-kit.html

WC kits to be released June 1.

Wow I am actually surprised that Puma has 8 football associations signed to them in the World Cup. I was expecting Adidas being ahead of the pack too.

Adidas (9 federations): Argentina, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Colombia, Germany, Japan, Mexico, Nigeria, Russia, Spain

Nike (10 federations): Brazil, Australia, Croatia, England, France, Greece, Netherlands, Portugal, South Korea, United States

Puma (8 federations): Algeria, Cameroon, Chile, Ghana, Italy, Ivory Coast, Switzerland, Uruguay

Others (5 federations): Belgium (Burrda Sports), Costa Rica (Lotto), Ecuador (Marathon Sports), Honduras (Joma), Iran (Uhlsport)

Nice video...I like when companies in general release detailed reportsof their thinking behind their designing principles. It gives us common people a way into their thinking.

I agree. I can't believe Nike fired that guy for coming on here and doing the exact same thing. He was giving great PR for Nike IMO. He was dispelling the idea Nike was an evil company forcing teams to wear uniforms they don't want or like.

Did someone notice the shiny material on the shoulders and the sides of the shorts on the new England kit? That's a design element I never saw before. It's like a matte car paint with a metallic front lid.

14ENGKITS2.jpg14ENGKITS4.jpg14ENGKITS3.jpg

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Did someone notice the shiny material on the shoulders and the sides of the shorts on the new England kit? That's a design element I never saw before. It's like a matte car paint with a metallic front lid.

It looks like shiny satin material. I'm not that familiar with soccer, but wasn't material like this used a lot on soccer uniforms in the 80's and 90's?

It looks like shiny satin material. I'm not that familiar with soccer, but wasn't material like this used a lot on soccer uniforms in the 80's and 90's?

The first thing I thought of was the 1986 uniform. If they had taken the USA road kit and recolored the red and white portions it would have worked as a good representation of that uniform.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The first thing I thought of was the 1986 uniform. If they had taken the USA road kit and recolored the red and white portions it would have worked as a good representation of that uniform.

The England kit has that shinny material on their shorts too. So 80's and 90's. I can see they spent their contract money wisely with Nike...

Somebody get a hold of Teal. It finally happened.

Greece unveiled their kits.

Greece2014Home3.jpg

Really beautiful set.

Agreed...Nike did a good job with these kits. WTF was England thinking

Umbro did something similar (though, without the shiny finish) in 2010 on the shoulders. Supposedly this was a throwback design element from the 40s or 50s if I recall correctly. Hard to see but it's definitely there.

ENGLAND_09-10_HOME_1.jpg

Archived