2014 FIFA World Cup

UnclearInitial

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should have thrown a collar on the England jersey and it would have looked better.

I think the collar looks good on those Nike kits but that damn silky satin shiny material does not need to be there. Reminds me of football kits I use to play in when I was a kid in the early 80s

Somebody get a hold of Teal. It finally happened.

Greece unveiled their kits.

Greece2014Home3.jpg

Weeks ago

It appears it's the Arsenal Away Template.

Still a quality template. Any Nike Template is still miles better than any custom designed adidas kit. Bah, I hate the 3 stripes on the shoulders.

Theo_Walcott_2707868b.jpg

I personally think Nike are running out of ideas of late. The kits they have made recently are just too damn plain. This ranges from the teams they have under contract in England to the World Cup kits.

I think Adidas yet again have a jump on everyone with the World Cup with the Germany kit and what they have done to Spain for the competition.

glory10.png

I personally think Nike are running out of ideas of late. The kits they have made recently are just too damn plain. This ranges from the teams they have under contract in England to the World Cup kits.

I think Adidas yet again have a jump on everyone with the World Cup with the Germany kit and what they have done to Spain for the competition.

Yes Adidas have the jump by removing two colors from the Spanish kit and completely ignoring the German tradition of having black shorts and doing a pseudo-flag design but instead of flag colors just doing shades of red. How about giving Nigeria a hideous neon green Sounders kit, making Mexico look like a pro wrestler, getting rid of Colombia's traditional shorts and socks in favor of white, making Japan have neon peach accents instead of red and an absolutely hideous highlighter yellow away, giving Argentina white instead of black shorts and socks and mailing it in on the Bosnia kits. Get real. The Adidas kits (except Russia) this year are pretty much horrid.

In fairness to Adidas, the Japan thing is actually pink and it's because their women's team won the Women's World Cup while wearing pink-accented uniforms, so it's kind of Japan's thing now.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Somebody get a hold of Teal. It finally happened.

Greece unveiled their kits.

Greece2014Home3.jpg

Weeks ago

It appears it's the Arsenal Away Template.

Still a quality template. Any Nike Template is still miles better than any custom designed adidas kit. Bah, I hate the 3 stripes on the shoulders.

Theo_Walcott_2707868b.jpg

When Arsenal released their away kit last summer, I gravitated toward it right sway because of the tradional blue and yellow away kits from the team's past and have a nice simple kit template. I think Nike and Greece did a good pairing. Why couldnt England choose something like that. White kits with red collar and piping.

Yes Adidas have the jump by removing two colors from the Spanish kit and completely ignoring the German tradition of having black shorts and doing a pseudo-flag design but instead of flag colors just doing shades of red. How about giving Nigeria a hideous neon green Sounders kit, making Mexico look like a pro wrestler, getting rid of Colombia's traditional shorts and socks in favor of white, making Japan have neon peach accents instead of red and an absolutely hideous highlighter yellow away, giving Argentina white instead of black shorts and socks and mailing it in on the Bosnia kits. Get real. The Adidas kits (except Russia) this year are pretty much horrid.

No need to tell me to get real about it. I apologise I am not a Nike fanboy but just gave an honest opinion on what I like. If I feel Adidas have done better than Nike and you cant handle that then fair enough. No need to tell someone to get real about it.

glory10.png

No need to tell me to get real about it. I apologise I am not a Nike fanboy but just gave an honest opinion on what I like. If I feel Adidas have done better than Nike and you cant handle that then fair enough. No need to tell someone to get real about it.

I agree.

Sure, they've made little mistakes on some of their kits but the Germany kit's still my favorite going into the tournament while I also love the Mexican one.

6fQjS3M.png

I agree.

Sure, they've made little mistakes on some of their kits but the Germany kit's still my favorite going into the tournament while I also love the Mexican one.

I am a huge fan of the German kit. Adidas has done a great job on it. One of the best kits going into the World Cup.

You are, of course, welcome to your opinion, but I certainly disagree.

Ok I apologize for saying get real perhaps that was a bit harsh. I am almost not a Nike fanboy either. I can handle your opinion, but it doesn't mean that I agree with it. I just honestly feel that Adidas out of the big 3 have completely sucked for this World Cup. There are simple fixes for most of these kits but Adidas instead tried to be overtly "bold" with their designs. Sometimes boldness is just stupidity though.

Here are some quick fixes:

Germany - Their home kits are nice but they ruined it by pairing it with white shorts. I also think if they were to change that front graphic to black, red and yellow it would look better.

Spain - Change the gold to yellow, give them their normal crest and pair it with some blue shorts. Instantly better. Not much you can do to fix the away kit, that thing is atrocious.

Nigeria - Invert the neon green and traditional green colors. On the away swap out the neon green with a more traditional green and get rid of those red numbers.

Mexico - I actually don't mind their "Charlie Brown" away kit. When I first saw that home shirt I was like, "Hideous, how can it get any worse?" Then I saw their socks and I was like, "Um wow, I guess it can get worse." No fixing these they need a complete redesign.

Japan - I have their aways ranked as the very worst kit of the tournament in my rankings. The homes would be a whole lot better with red in place of neon peach.

Colombia - Simply give them navy shorts and red socks to fix these.

Argentina - Simply give them black shorts and socks instead of white.

If Adidas would have done this I am pretty sure everyone would have been much happier with their output this year.

Ok I apologize for saying get real perhaps that was a bit harsh. I am almost not a Nike fanboy either. I can handle your opinion, but it doesn't mean that I agree with it. I just honestly feel that Adidas out of the big 3 have completely sucked for this World Cup. There are simple fixes for most of these kits but Adidas instead tried to be overtly "bold" with their designs. Sometimes boldness is just stupidity though.

Here are some quick fixes:

Germany - Their home kits are nice but they ruined it by pairing it with white shorts. I also think if they were to change that front graphic to black, red and yellow it would look better.

Spain - Change the gold to yellow, give them their normal crest and pair it with some blue shorts. Instantly better. Not much you can do to fix the away kit, that thing is atrocious.

Nigeria - Invert the neon green and traditional green colors. On the away swap out the neon green with a more traditional green and get rid of those red numbers.

Mexico - I actually don't mind their "Charlie Brown" away kit. When I first saw that home shirt I was like, "Hideous, how can it get any worse?" Then I saw their socks and I was like, "Um wow, I guess it can get worse." No fixing these they need a complete redesign.

Japan - I have their aways ranked as the very worst kit of the tournament in my rankings. The homes would be a whole lot better with red in place of neon peach.

Colombia - Simply give them navy shorts and red socks to fix these.

Argentina - Simply give them black shorts and socks instead of white.

If Adidas would have done this I am pretty sure everyone would have been much happier with their output this year.

You are saying they should go back to different colur shorts but it is a FIFA directive for this years World Cup that they dont. That is not Adidas fault is it that because you dont like it they have to change it back. If it comes from the top they have to go with it.

Rule 2, section 35 of the World Cup 2014 regulations states: “Each team shall inform FIFA of two different and contrasting colours (i.e. strips). One predominately dark and one predominately light for its official and reserve kit.”

glory10.png

"Predominantly" does not mean "completely." That's a guideline, not a complete rule. It just states that the teams have to have the option to have a complete contrast with any other team, not that they must wear those complete contrast kits every time. It's definitely Adidas' fault that they were too stupid to understand the rule.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Footy Headlines is reporting an April 1st release of the US away kit with what I assume to be the on field debut the following night.

Well at least we won't have to see Mexico's awful alts. Still will be a shame not to see both teams' home kits in this one.

Of the two England shirts, I prefer the look of the away. The collar on the home doesn't do much for me, although it might be one of those things that looks better worn than just snapped laying flat.

Anyway, not to worry - you won't be seeing that much of our shirts this summer. Ahem.

Of the two England shirts, I prefer the look of the away. The collar on the home doesn't do much for me, although it might be one of those things that looks better worn than just snapped laying flat.

Anyway, not to worry - you won't be seeing that much of our shirts this summer. Ahem.

Badda boom.... :)

Personal preference at the end of the day. Mines with Adidas.

Mines with nike, I'll take simple designs that are identifiable and follow the federation's classic looks, than the adidas kits that don't follow tradition and all follow the same template and have to have the three stripes which is a big pet peeve of mine.

Archived