2014 FIFA World Cup

UnclearInitial

The magazine is supposed to be out April 15.

I already have the home and away replicas but I got a peek at both of the player issue models. The material is very similar to the replicas but more of a mesh on the back side. The crest is more detailed as far as the stitching technique (similar to the centennial replicas vs. authentics). Instead of the bottom hem wrapping all the way around like the replicas, it has a little opening at the bottom which makes it a bit less snug at the waist. Obviously the side venting and the fit are different too. Something about the way the authentic looks on the body is nicer. I can see myself springing for one of these despite already having both replicas.

2dlodh0.jpg

1z179cn.jpg

2s799oh.jpg

I have both, but like the fit of the replica better. Of course, if I were still in shape like college I would prob prefer the authentic.

Match/Authentic badge:

13426320223_42c06106ec_b.jpg

Stadium/Replica badge:

13426572664_391f85a7f7_b.jpg

Match vs. Stadium back material:

13426204395_feff7c095a_b.jpg

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally think Nike are running out of ideas of late. The kits they have made recently are just too damn plain. This ranges from the teams they have under contract in England to the World Cup kits.

I think Adidas yet again have a jump on everyone with the World Cup with the Germany kit and what they have done to Spain for the competition.

You are, of course, welcome to your opinion, but I certainly disagree.

See, I actually have to agree with Ian.

Colombia gets an A+

Mexico gets a B+

Germany gets an A

Argentina gets a B+

Japan gets an A

Spain gets an A- (would be an A without monochrome)

Russia gets a B+

I might be missing a team or two, but so far it's a fairly solid body of work. Meanwhile most of the complaints have been about the USA, South Korea, and a few "eh whatever" towards Greece which are all Nike kits. So, to me, it seems like Adidas and Puma did a better job than Nike this time around. To top that off, Adidas has a better fit than Nike because everything that Nike Soccer does feels like ultra slim fit.

Anyways, that's my two cents.

Wow, just wow! I wasn't going to post these because first and foremost I didn't want to be long winded. Also, because it is all a matter of opinion I suppose. So here is my opinion, all the kits ranked 1-64:

1 France Home

2 Netherlands Home

3 Australia Home

4 Ghana Home

5 Brazil Home

6 Argentina Home

7 Croatia Home

8 France Away

9 Russia Away

10 Portugal Home

11 Ghana Away

12 Croatia Away

13 Australia Away

14 Italy Home

15 Chile Home

16 United States Home

17 Germany Away

18 Greece Home

19 Russia Home

20 Netherlands Away

21 Uruguay Home

22 Greece Away

23 Germany Home

24 England Away

25 Argentina Away

26 Cameroon Home

27 Switzerland Home

28 England Home

29 Iran Away

30 South Korea Home

31 Brazil Away

32 Italy Away

33 South Korea Away

34 United States Away

35 Portugal Away

36 Japan Home

37 Colombia Home

38 Mexico Away

39 Algeria Away

40 Belgium Home

41 Uruguay Away

42 Ivory Coast Home

43 Spain Home

44 Ivory Coast Away

45 Iran Home

46 Algeria Home

47 Cameroon Away

48 Bosnia and Herzegovina Away

49 Mexico Home

50 Colombia Away

51 Bosnia and Herzegovina Home

52 Switzerland Away

53 Honduras Home

54 Honduras Away

55 Chile Away

56 Belgium Away

57 Ecuador Home

58 Costa Rica Home

59 Nigeria Home

60 Spain Away

61 Ecuador Away

62 Costa Rica Away

63 Nigeria Away

64 Japan Away

Again all my opinion and I am sure a fair amount would disagree but to give those Adidas designs A's and B's is just wrong in my opinion.

Holland Away official:

pays-bas-maillot-away-2014-coupe-du-mond

1. I want to see the back

2. I want to see it in game

I was gonna get an orange jersey but now I'm not so sure. I love the blue one!

Holland alternates between black and blue accents for their kits. I've always preferred blue, so I think these are beauties!

My favorite Dutch clash kits were their circa 2008 ones

holland438.jpg

In part because they remind me of this

0385938.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

those light blue Holland kits were my faves as well. Have 2 of them at home.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Would not be surprised if NikeInc releases the away kit for the US mid morning. I have heard a few retailers mention both 3/27 and 4/1 as release dates. Perhaps one is intended to be the preorder date and the next is the in-store availability date?

Here is a not so great mockup I found of a PES patch. Should end up looking like the left full kit version. Obviously different numbers and socks but you get the idea. Still unsure where the front number goes. I just can't see it fitting within the white stripe. Also, we know the back is solid red so that is incorrect, too. Just posting so you can get the general effect.

apresenta%C3%A7%C3%A3o.png

Edit...here's another PES mockup.

a0ffcp.jpg

Yep, they do look better with blue shorts. I also don't think the number will fit in the white space, so very curious to see what they do with that. Please don't let the numbers have that light blue color like the home kits.

Holland Away official:

Love it.

It's a tough call for me on who has a better all-around set between them and France. Definitely my top two favorites by far in the Cup.

Those are really nice. The Nike swoosh and the lion's tongue are pretty similar, which kind of creates a little synergy. But that lion insignia has always been incredible.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The three best teams I've seen so far is Portugal, France, and Netherlands. Other than that, I've been very dissapointed. England and the US failed to put out an even good semi-looking combination of kite. Brazil ruined their look with adding that hideous black one (will that even be worn in the WC?) and the African nations have all been plain Puma spandex looking kits. Not a lot to be excited about.

(OTR: I usually love the spandex Puma look. But I don't like how poorly it was executed this year with the African nations. not enough culture was put into the kits at all for such a diverse culturally thriving continent of nations)

Portugal has a tradition of wearing blue trim on their away kits? Never knew that

Kind of. But it's not as strict and traditional as the English red shirt or the German green shirt for example.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portugal_national_football_team#Kit_history

They actually mostly played in white with green and red accents.

Btw. I really miss the old Portugal look with red shirts, green shorts and golden accents. They should at least make the numbers gold.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

The three best teams I've seen so far is Portugal, France, and Netherlands. Other than that, I've been very dissapointed. England and the US failed to put out an even good semi-looking combination of kite. Brazil ruined their look with adding that hideous black one (will that even be worn in the WC?) and the African nations have all been plain Puma spandex looking kits. Not a lot to be excited about.

(OTR: I usually love the spandex Puma look. But I don't like how poorly it was executed this year with the African nations. not enough culture was put into the kits at all for such a diverse culturally thriving continent of nations)

The previous black shirt has never been used in any game so I wouldn't worry too much about it. I guess it's more of a fashion jersey.

The previous black shirt has never been used in any game so I wouldn't worry too much about it. I guess it's more of a fashion jersey.

Why make a full kit though?

Holland Away official:

Stunning presentation, I couldn't imagine that would look bad on the pitch. So glad Nike did something other than their typical templating for them.

Archived