2014 FIFA World Cup

UnclearInitial

The three best teams I've seen so far is Portugal, France, and Netherlands. Other than that, I've been very dissapointed. England and the US failed to put out an even good semi-looking combination of kite. Brazil ruined their look with adding that hideous black one (will that even be worn in the WC?) and the African nations have all been plain Puma spandex looking kits. Not a lot to be excited about.

(OTR: I usually love the spandex Puma look. But I don't like how poorly it was executed this year with the African nations. not enough culture was put into the kits at all for such a diverse culturally thriving continent of nations)

The previous black shirt has never been used in any game so I wouldn't worry too much about it. I guess it's more of a fashion jersey.

Why make a full kit though?

Marketing ploy?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The three best teams I've seen so far is Portugal, France, and Netherlands. Other than that, I've been very dissapointed. England and the US failed to put out an even good semi-looking combination of kite. Brazil ruined their look with adding that hideous black one (will that even be worn in the WC?) and the African nations have all been plain Puma spandex looking kits. Not a lot to be excited about.

(OTR: I usually love the spandex Puma look. But I don't like how poorly it was executed this year with the African nations. not enough culture was put into the kits at all for such a diverse culturally thriving continent of nations)

The previous black shirt has never been used in any game so I wouldn't worry too much about it. I guess it's more of a fashion jersey.

Why make a full kit though?

Marketing ploy?

Has there been any announcement on whether or not the kit will make an appearance in the World Cup?

Regardless, Germany, Spain, Mexico and Italy all disappointed me as well with their WC Kits, and I have seen similar reactions. Kinda sad that the World Cup is easily the most watched sports tournament yet the appearance of these teams are going to be sub-par.

Nike knocked it out of the park on the aways for Portugal and Holland -- one traditional, one modern, both executed splendidly.

I agree, that's the way it should go. Primary kit traditional. Clash modern.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Solid red shorts for the US.

http://u90soccer.com/nike-usa-away-stadium-short-university-red.html#

NIKE-578025_657_A_11.jpg

Also available here, however, I cannot derive the image from the site. You can slightly see the crest on this shop. Looks tonal red like we saw originally.

http://www.soccerandrugby.com/usa-home-away-stadium-short-red.html#.UzZdPee9KK3

I picked up the 2014 N98 jacket for Netherlands. Really like it except for one thing: Nike put a reversible zipper on it. They've been doing that randomly on some of their track jackets for the last couple of years. Who needs a reversible zipper on a jacket? I am not wearing the top zipped and the bottom unzipped.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I have seen the England shirt up close and in person. The pinstripes really aren't stripes at all and are more of a subtle indenture in the fabric. That's the best way I can describe it. Similar to the 2010 Germany shirt with the embossed stripes running through the crest but the England one has much thinner stripes and doesn't look cheap.

Archived