2014 FIFA World Cup

UnclearInitial

Would not be surprised if NikeInc releases the away kit for the US mid morning. I have heard a few retailers mention both 3/27 and 4/1 as release dates. Perhaps one is intended to be the preorder date and the next is the in-store availability date?

Here is a not so great mockup I found of a PES patch. Should end up looking like the left full kit version. Obviously different numbers and socks but you get the idea. Still unsure where the front number goes. I just can't see it fitting within the white stripe. Also, we know the back is solid red so that is incorrect, too. Just posting so you can get the general effect.

apresenta%C3%A7%C3%A3o.png

Edit...here's another PES mockup.

a0ffcp.jpg

A good friend of mine got his hands on the away kit this past weekend....

1511059_10203353989840740_348951745_n.jp

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would not be surprised if NikeInc releases the away kit for the US mid morning. I have heard a few retailers mention both 3/27 and 4/1 as release dates. Perhaps one is intended to be the preorder date and the next is the in-store availability date?

Here is a not so great mockup I found of a PES patch. Should end up looking like the left full kit version. Obviously different numbers and socks but you get the idea. Still unsure where the front number goes. I just can't see it fitting within the white stripe. Also, we know the back is solid red so that is incorrect, too. Just posting so you can get the general effect.

apresenta%C3%A7%C3%A3o.png

Edit...here's another PES mockup.

a0ffcp.jpg

A good friend of mine got his hands on the away kit this past weekend....

1511059_10203353989840740_348951745_n.jp

Wow...what a complete disappointment! It even looks worse with someone wearing it

Went by my local Dick's sporting goods today just to see what they had. They have already been selling the USA home jersey for a few weeks, but they had the away jersey this time. I went to buy it, and when they scanned it, the system told them they weren't allowed to sell it yet by request of the manufacturer (Nike). Apparently they cannot be sold until April 3rd or 4th. They wouldn't sell it to me, but said they could hold it until then. Kinda bull :censored: that they put them out on the sales floor and won't sell them.

Especially for the World Cup. There is no history behind this fadish color. I like the usage of that modern color more than the average fan, and especially more than the average poster on these forums, but it's just not right for the World Cup. the uniforms should be about history, tradition, pride, and culture. Not marketing gimmicks.

Went by my local Dick's sporting goods today just to see what they had. They have already been selling the USA home jersey for a few weeks, but they had the away jersey this time. I went to buy it, and when they scanned it, the system told them they weren't allowed to sell it yet by request of the manufacturer (Nike). Apparently they cannot be sold until April 3rd or 4th. They wouldn't sell it to me, but said they could hold it until then. Kinda bull :censored: that they put them out on the sales floor and won't sell them.

Interesting. My local Dick's has them too. I think they've been there at least a week.

The Spain change shirt looks striking in person...it's just not Spain. It's like some weird fashion shirt, except it will be worn in the biggest sporting event in the world. Reminds me of the new Seattle change to be honest.

To everyone complaining about how bad the world cup looks this year, go back and look at the 98 world cup!

I found my old official handbook when moving and some of those kits are god awful 90's nightmares!

just remember it could be worse and most definitely has been worse

Archived