2014 FIFA World Cup

UnclearInitial

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
These colors look so much worse next to the flag with our actual colors.

And can we please put and end to these cheesy screaming supporter shots? I can't stand them.

Haha no one has notice that this is not just any supporter...this is Alexi Lalas.

Kind of makes me sad for Alexi. USA superstar to bad stock photo model.

Ah, Nike is using their partner athletes to show support. Hence, athletes that they use in a ton of campaigns (Suh, Felix, Koston) and those that rarely appear (Lalas, Andrew Luck).

Just for comparison sake, here is the home and away renderings plus my idea if they switched the shorts around:

USAMockWorldCup_zpsabd5f699.png

That's amazing. Somehow they look so much better with the switch. A completely different vibe. Incredible.

Being that Mexico traditionally wears Green/White/Red, could we see Red/Red/White tomorrow, so the socks contrast?

And these are slowly growing one me. Our navy letterman kits weren't great so they're not really a downgrade. I think if we have a Dos a Cero tomorrow these will become very popular. Still can't figure out why they went away from the darker shades.

I don't think the kit clash will matter so much with the red socks tomorrow. It's just a friendly so there is probably a bit more flexibility. I'm expecting us to debut the kit as it was displayed in the promo shots. If anything, we should dictate what we want to wear as the home team and Mexico could switch it up to contrast it they so desired. Maybe green shirt, white shorts and socks?

Here are some shots of the blue shorts in the EA World Cup game. I like them alright. If anything, I hope this means they actually exist as a change option for clashes with the home kit. I do not want to see red shorts mixed with the white home kit.

2usfk2r.jpg

znn1bl.jpg

I don't think the kit clash will matter so much with the red socks tomorrow. It's just a friendly so there is probably a bit more flexibility. I'm expecting us to debut the kit as it was displayed in the promo shots. If anything, we should dictate what we want to wear as the home team and Mexico could switch it up to contrast it they so desired. Maybe green shirt, white shorts and socks?

Here are some shots of the blue shorts in the EA World Cup game. I like them alright. If anything, I hope this means they actually exist as a change option for clashes with the home kit. I do not want to see red shorts mixed with the white home kit.

2usfk2r.jpg

znn1bl.jpg

Looks nice, but part of me thinks this works better for Serbia...than the US.

2usfk2r.jpg

znn1bl.jpg

Looks nice, but part of me thinks this works better for Serbia...than the US.

Anybody but the US...If they were going to a design this bold and heavy on red the blue had to be navy.

Kind of weird how everybody loves the royal blue on the USA hockey jerseys but everybody hates the royal blue on the USA soccer jerseys.

That's because those are 1960 throwbacks, i.e. the first time the US won gold in hockey at the Olympics. If by some miracle the US wins the World Cup, you bet your ass there will be clamoring for the US to make the switch to royal blue permanent.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived