2014 FIFA World Cup

UnclearInitial

Group B Best: Netherlands v Australia(I think Australia will be able to wear their homes but just in case the aways are great too)

Netherlands+2014+World+Cup+Home+Kit+(2).13572212573_973dd1439c_n.jpg

I highly doubt FIFA will allow orange vs. yellow. It did happen in '98 but during the last Cup Brazil wore blue kits. Therefore, I believe this will the combo.

I've got to think the Dutch will wear their blue set and the Aussies will wear their gold kit for this one.

You are right, I just followed the posted information but Australia is indeed listed as the home team.

Either way, it'll still probably be one of the best looking games of the tournament. I could see orange and yellow being too big of a problem, but regardless any combination of the two will look good. Probably my two favorite teams kits in the tournament.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I keep thinking of Slovakia when I see those USA aways. Or a Croatia practice uniform.

I think you mean Czech Republic...

13096102315_b4c2ccda7a_n.jpg

This is Slovakia...

13253792835_f813fb33ee_n.jpg

I meant Slovakia. I think if you took that design off of the USA away and slapped the Slovakia logo on it, people would say it's an excellent kit for them.

Yes because completely changing the color of a national team kit to that of the country that they split from would go over really well.

Group B Best: Netherlands v Australia(I think Australia will be able to wear their homes but just in case the aways are great too)

I highly doubt FIFA will allow orange vs. yellow. It did happen in '98 but during the last Cup Brazil wore blue kits. Therefore, I believe this will the combo.

I've got to think the Dutch will wear their blue set and the Aussies will wear their gold kit for this one.

You are right, I just followed the posted information but Australia is indeed listed as the home team.

My bad still the best matchup of the bunch...

12578625535_9b378929a5_n.jpg13424285603_fbfcd118ec_n.jpg

My bad still the best matchup of the bunch...

12578625535_9b378929a5_n.jpg13424285603_fbfcd118ec_n.jpg

I almost bought the blue Netherlands jersey today at the Chicago Niketown. It's even nicer in person. I wasn't impressed with pictures I saw of the crest, but was blown away by how great it looks after seeing it in person.

I keep thinking of Slovakia when I see those USA aways. Or a Croatia practice uniform.

I think you mean Czech Republic...

13096102315_b4c2ccda7a_n.jpg

This is Slovakia...

13253792835_f813fb33ee_n.jpg

I meant Slovakia. I think if you took that design off of the USA away and slapped the Slovakia logo on it, people would say it's an excellent kit for them.

Yes because completely changing the color of a national team kit to that of the country that they split from would go over really well.
Swapping red and blue would make sense. But since the split was amicable for the most part and it'd be the away, I don't think there'd be too much issue given.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I've seen the Australia shirt in person and while I like the entire kit design, the shirt itself isn't that great. I would normally consider purchasing an Australian top but definitely not this one.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

• 2 weeks later...

Going strictly off of World Cup kits, here's the USA's primary look going back to 1990:

PV%20at%201990%20World%20Cup%20vs%20Ital

usa-94-away-action.jpg

1998worldcup.jpg

22047-zoom.jpg

98747.jpg

John+Pantsil+flies+Ghanaian+flag+high+af

476838773-790x557.jpg

It seems the USA's best looks all come from non-World Cup years.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

So, now let's take a look at some non-World Cup year uniforms going back to 1992:

1992_home.jpg

1995.copa.america.jpg

6a00e54eea3d1c88340120a8e6b2a9970b-800wi

2004_third.jpg

2006+DTOM+Donovan.jpg2006_third.jpg

landon-donovan.jpg

LandonDonovanStripes-ISIPhotos.com_.jpg

Now this is obviously not every between year, but the point is, those between years always seem to look better. I wonder why?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

So, now let's take a look at some non-World Cup year uniforms going back to 1992:

1992_home.jpg

1995.copa.america.jpg

6a00e54eea3d1c88340120a8e6b2a9970b-800wi

2004_third.jpg

landon-donovan.jpg

LandonDonovanStripes-ISIPhotos.com_.jpg

Now this is obviously not every between year, but the point is, those between years always seem to look better. I wonder why?

Maybe it's the perception that it's not a global stage, therefore the designers are afforded more creative license. When it's the WC, everybody is watching so the suppliers probably micromanage and overthink the designs to bland or ugly.

Same has also been written about the coaching strategies and the overall level of play in the WC. The stage is so big and the coaches don't want to take responsibility for losses due to strategic errors and the ensuing national hatred so they typically opt for very conservative game plans and basically play not to lose.

Uh, what? The 2010 jerseys were the best they've worn in a long time.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

2004_third.jpg

Both of these are more-or-less one-off uniforms. The red ones were work as part of the send-off series for the 2006 World Cup and part of that same design package (numbers and overall "look and feel" are the same), so I consider them an extension of the World Cup uniforms.

Just like I consider these 2011 red jersey an extension of the 2010 World Cup uniforms.

michael_bradley_2011_06_22.jpg

You left out the template uniforms from 2006 World Cup Qualifying. As I recall, all Nike teams used this template:

100407reynaarticlejpg.jpg

EDIT: Fixed image link

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Uh, what? The 2010 jerseys were the best they've worn in a long time.

Oh my. Dear god. I didn't know anybody had this opinion. The weird sash? Yikes.

Nothing will beat the "Where's Waldo" hoops. not sticking with that will be one of the biggest mistakes the US national team have done. Perfect identity, unique, sharp, fans loved it.

Now, we are back into "identity purgatory" with this royal blue mess.

Yeah, the hoops with navy shorts were a perfect representation for the US.

If we're picking strictly World Cup kits, though, I'll go with 2006.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Yeah the 2010 kit was very meh for me. Not sure why anyone would pick it out as being a highlight.

The hoops one is nice, thats a given and the 2006 kit was very satisfactory and quite pleasing on the eye as well. I'll wait to see the new one in action, and while it is very reminiscent of what England wear, it has the potential to be quite nice too.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

If they could mix the collar and fit from this year's World Cup kits with the "Where's Waldo" hoops and the navy blue trim of the 2008 kits, I think it would be perfect.

spacer.png

This years polo isn't as bad as I thought it'd be, but I still absolutely hate the royal blue. I'm not even going to comment on the clash uniforms we have. (Captain America? Really? Not even close)

But hey, at least our uniforms are better than what our neighbors from the south have. Yikes.

Archived