2014 FIFA World Cup

UnclearInitial

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New-Spain-2014-World-Cup-Third-Kit-White

From the article:

"FIFA had asked all 32 participating 2014 World Cup teams to prepare two very distinguishable shirts, one predominantly dark and the other light-colored. Apparently Spain's red 2014 World Cup Home Shirt and the black Away Shirt didn't meet these criteria, as a result the international football federation have asked Spain and Adidas to carry a white shirt for the group match against Netherlands.

Following this case and the strict interpretation of the rules by FIFA, we could see more not yet unveiled shirts in the 2014 World Cup starting next month. Cameroon, in a friendly yesterday, already wore an unknown white kit, which could possibly have been requested for the match against Mexico in Brazil."

Looks nice though

This is a really lame excuse. First of all, red vs. blue is a really nice colour comnbination. Somehow, it wasn't a problem during the last Euro final (Spain vs. Italy). Secondly, if Spain has to change the kit why won't they simply use the black one and let the Dutch use orange?

From the article:

"FIFA had asked all 32 participating 2014 World Cup teams to prepare two very distinguishable shirts, one predominantly dark and the other light-colored. Apparently Spain's red 2014 World Cup Home Shirt and the black Away Shirt didn't meet these criteria, as a result the international football federation have asked Spain and Adidas to carry a white shirt for the group match against Netherlands.

Following this case and the strict interpretation of the rules by FIFA, we could see more not yet unveiled shirts in the 2014 World Cup starting next month. Cameroon, in a friendly yesterday, already wore an unknown white kit, which could possibly have been requested for the match against Mexico in Brazil."

Looks nice though

This is a really lame excuse. First of all, red vs. blue is a really nice colour comnbination. Somehow, it wasn't a problem during the last Euro final (Spain vs. Italy). Secondly, if Spain has to change the kit why won't they simply use the black one and let the Dutch use orange?

$$$$$$$

Yes Belgium has a unique kit,. But for them to be taken a European football powerhouse (and they have the players to back up that claim), they need to be with one of the top kit manufacturers. The current kits remind me of Will Ferrell's track suit from Kicking and Screaming :P

Yes Belgium has a unique kit,. But for them to be taken a European football powerhouse (and they have the players to back up that claim), they need to be with one of the top kit manufacturers. The current kits remind me of Will Ferrell's track suit from Kicking and Screaming :P

I don't think its a case of needing a top kit supplier to be considered a top team.

I think it is more that now they have some great players (Hazard, Lukaku, Januzaj etc.) that kids are more likely to buy the replica shirts than before. This increases kit manufacturers interest in supplying them and so can raise the cost of being a supplier. This may have priced out companies like current supplier Burrda compared to companies like the new supplier Adidas.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

I don't think its a case of needing a top kit supplier to be considered a top team.

I think it is more that now they have some great players (Hazard, Lukaku, Januzaj etc.) that kids are more likely to buy the replica shirts than before. This increases kit manufacturers interest in supplying them and so can raise the cost of being a supplier. This may have priced out companies like current supplier Burrda compared to companies like the new supplier Adidas.

I see your point marble21. As well for top players, they have one of the top five keepers in the world with Courtois.

It's unique, but terrible IMO. Looks like a children's jersey. They just look really cheap. Would've loved to see what Nike coulda done with them. Im sure Adidas will be an upgrade though.

I see your point marble21. As well for top players, they have one of the top five keepers in the world with Courtois.

Who wasn't even the top keeper for his club or country this past year.

That's just false. Sure Cech was the starter at Chelsea but Courtois has finally progressed to the point where he's the best keeper in West London.

6fQjS3M.png

From the article:

Looks nice though

I am not sure why Spain-Netherlands would be a problem in black vs orange.

All of this is ludicrous.

That's just false. Sure Cech was the starter at Chelsea but Courtois has finally progressed to the point where he's the best keeper in West London.

Do you think Courtois will be wearing a Nike or adidas shirt during this club season?

This is great- an interactive infographic showing each country's uniforms for every World Cup. Really well done, and you can see just how crazy USA 94 really was for all these teams

http://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2014/may/30/-sp-world-cup-kits

It's a lovely bit of work, but there are a few errors - England wore white shorts with our home kit in 1970, but the guide shows us in blue.

This is great- an interactive infographic showing each country's uniforms for every World Cup. Really well done, and you can see just how crazy USA 94 really was for all these teams

http://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2014/may/30/-sp-world-cup-kits

It's a lovely bit of work, but there are a few errors - England wore white shorts with our home kit in 1970, but the guide shows us in blue.

There are many errors. Ghana also didn_t had a red away kit for 2006. They had a black-white one.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

I never understood why France wore their white away kit with the flag gradient across the chest in all their knockout matches in 2006. I liked that kit a lot and I have a replica of it, but against Spain (red), Brazil (yellow) and Portugal (maroon), they could easily have been told apart from those teams if they wore their blue home kits. It didn't make much sense to me.

Archived