2014 FIFA World Cup

UnclearInitial

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because its impossible to tell the difference between red and blue, i find it funny that FIFA made the Adidas home team create a an additional third jersey, not the nike away team, it surely cant be about the money.
Because its impossible to tell the difference between red and blue, i find it funny that FIFA made the Adidas home team create a an additional third jersey, not the nike away team, it surely cant be about the money.

Other than the absurd clash kit rule, the FIFA guidebook doesn't seem a ton more restrictive than MLB/NFL. The MLB baselayers with the neckline swoosh would be outlawed, but FIFA is a lot more forgiving when it comes to shoes and shin guards.

One FIFA rule I really like is all baselayers have to be the same color amongst a team during a match. You can switch from red to white to blue from match-to-match, but the squad must look uniform within the game. Makes sense.

If the rule is "we must have light (away) vs dark (home)", (which is a bad rule) then why are the Dutch allowed a dark "away" jersey?

It would seem that the Netherlands' home kit is classed as a 'light', the away 'dark'. Therefore when Spain switched to white the Dutch had to stick with their dark blue.

The sensible solution would have been for Spain to wear their black away and the Dutch to turn out in orange. But then FIFA doesn't really do 'sensible' that well.

One FIFA rule I really like is all baselayers have to be the same color amongst a team during a match. You can switch from red to white to blue from match-to-match, but the squad must look uniform within the game. Makes sense.

Any baselayer clobber has to match the predominant colour of the sleeves/shorts, which is a fair enough ruling. Same with sock tape, that has to match the main colour of the hose.

So, Urugays sky blue kit is supposed to be their 'dark kit'? :&

In the same way that the Netherlands' orange is classed as a 'light kit' and is unsuitable to play against all white, it would seem...

I noticed that many Latin American teams wear their initials before or after their name.

Mexico every player has this: 'J. Hernandez'

Costa Rica has that: 'Campbell J.'

At Colombia it was mixed

I think it was also at Uruguay

What is the point of wearing initials at all?

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Some team rule probably. The reason for the initial could be that there's another player within the national team structure with the same last name. Or it could simply be something the team chpse to do at the last minute.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

So, why does this apparent 'dark vs. light' rule only affect some matchups? Brazil vs. Croatia was a 'light vs. light' matchup... Unless FIFA decided to classify either the yellow jerseys or the checkered jerseys as dark and the blue as light, which makes zero sense...

Good job, FIFA.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Archived