2014 FIFA World Cup

UnclearInitial

ITA-ENG ref wearing a Nike base layer (Pro Combat wording at exterior back neck) under his adidas uniform. Can't think that will be allowed going forward.

Any chance of us getting the result overturned off the back of that? :grin:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, why does this apparent 'dark vs. light' rule only affect some matchups? Brazil vs. Croatia was a 'light vs. light' matchup... Unless FIFA decided to classify either the yellow jerseys or the checkered jerseys as dark and the blue as light, which makes zero sense...

Good job, FIFA.

Because in FIFA logic, red and yellow don't clash (see Australia vs Chile) but red and blue do.

liverpool-1.png

So, why does this apparent 'dark vs. light' rule only affect some matchups? Brazil vs. Croatia was a 'light vs. light' matchup... Unless FIFA decided to classify either the yellow jerseys or the checkered jerseys as dark and the blue as light, which makes zero sense...

Good job, FIFA.

Because in FIFA logic, red and yellow don't clash (see Australia vs Chile) but red and blue do.

And that's because the brazil Germany final was yellow v white.

Switzerland and Ecuador is red vs. blue. I have no idea why Spain had to wear white against The Netherlands. The FIFA rules make no sense.

Adidas wanted more $$$$ so they went to FIFA and had FIFA tell them to change so it doesn't seem like that.

Switzerland and Ecuador is red vs. blue. I have no idea why Spain had to wear white against The Netherlands. The FIFA rules make no sense.

Adidas wanted more $$$$ so they went to FIFA and had FIFA tell them to change so it doesn't seem like that.
Are Adidas actually going to be selling the third though - I think I read they weren't going to be available to buy but I could easily be mistaken.

Mind, if the plan is to sell them then they may be disappointed with sales. I can't imagine too many Spain fans rushing to buy a shirt they've just seen their team thrashed 5-1 in. :D

I actually thought Colombia looked good. I totally dig those shirts. But it was still weird not seeing them in yellow/blue/red.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

1. FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME, there are NO new "stricter" kit rules for 2014 in regards to clashing. They are IDENTICAL to the 2010 rules. If you want to complain about how FIFA is implementing it, that's fine, but the rules have not changed. The 2010 rulebook is online. The 2014 rulebook is online. The wording is IDENTICAL. The 2006 rulebook also has nearly identical wording. FIFA being inconsistent in their implementation of what is a clash is an entirely different issue, and has existed for a long time (see how they handled BRA-SWE in their two 1994 meetings).

2. The Last name/first inital thing is common practice in some Latin countries, but usage is very hit-or-miss. Italy did it in 1998 as well. It's akin to the Turks or Koreans or Chinese going last-name-first.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Are we sure FIFA made them wear the white kit, and not Adidas? I would imagine if Adidas went to the trouble of making a third kit for Spain they would require Spain to wear it at least once. And either Spain or Adidas probably decided to get it out of the way on the first game.

jNTsTyQ.png

Archived