2014 FIFA World Cup

UnclearInitial

And red has always been the go-to color of USA supporters. I seem to recall seeing more of the 2011 red Gold Cup kit out and about than I did it's two cousin sash jerseys that were worn in the 2010 WC.

You don't hear anything about the rockets' blue glare in the national anthem.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, they are. My personal theory is that Costa Ricans chose white since they performed so well in their first two games against Uruguay and Italy.

It's either that, or just mind games on the part of Costa Rica. Like how NFL teams force the cowboys to wear their navy on the road sometimes.

jNTsTyQ.png

Anyone know what the matchup is for USA and Belgium? Both teams would prefer to wear their home kits (USA white, Belgium red), but we have seen stranger things happen with FIFA. Wouldn't mind the bomb pops again. Best result we had played in those.

The USA need to get to start having a design which can be re worked instead of having so many diferent styles that make them look undecided what direction they want their kit to be.

glory10.png

Yes, they are. My personal theory is that Costa Ricans chose white since they performed so well in their first two games against Uruguay and Italy.

It's either that, or just mind games on the part of Costa Rica. Like how NFL teams force the cowboys to wear their navy on the road sometimes.

I don't think it makes too much difference for Greece to play in blue or white. To me it is one of those dual colour countries (including my home county Poland) that is fine wearing either of them.

I don't think it makes too much difference for Greece to play in blue or white. To me it is one of those dual colour countries (including my home county Poland) that is fine wearing either of them.

True. I think Greece wore blue at home games until 2004. Then they decided to play in white because they won the EURO with white kits.

But the game would've looked better with Greece in white and Costa Rica in red-blue-red imo.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

The USA need to get to start having a design which can be re worked instead of having so many diferent styles that make them look undecided what direction they want their kit to be.

Been sayin' this for years. Pick something and stick to it. Imo, stick with the red hoops and make it fresh every two years for the various competitions.

Been sayin' this for years. Pick something and stick to it. Imo, stick with the red hoops and make it fresh every two years for the various competitions.

See I think the US has started to carve out that identity more and more. Every kit since the 2006 World Cup has featured some variation of lines. Sometimes they are vertical (stripes), other times horizontal (hoops), and other times on a diagonal (sash). The lines could be red, blue, white, or tonal (like the last clash kit or the current white kit)...

I know many people would prefer just one design and carving it into stone like Argentina's light blue stripes, but a motif and identity doesn't have to be so concrete.

I understand the desire to create a consistent look. However, what the US does is no different from any other country. We are a primarily white team that tinkers with the trim. This is no different than Germany adding the chevron, England with the red cross on the shoulder, to Mexico using an astec print in the 90s compared to current day wrestling inspired designs. The Waldo look was vastly different from anything we typically use, however the home has been consistent with small alterations...just like all other countries.

The only teams that really pump out consistent designs are the Brazils and Argentinas of the world where the only question is what the collar will look like...and even those teams are switching up their classic shorts on occasion.

^I've thought that forever and it's one of my biggest pet peeves in sports logos. If you're going to have stripes like that, clearly based off of the flag, then make them the correct color. It seems so obvious.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Anyone know what the matchup is for USA and Belgium? Both teams would prefer to wear their home kits (USA white, Belgium red), but we have seen stranger things happen with FIFA. Wouldn't mind the bomb pops again. Best result we had played in those.

Belgium's first choice is red should it should be them in red vs. us in white.

My bet would be on a coin toss, or they could pull a Spain-Netherlands and have both teams wear their secondary/alternate kits.

FIFA (and UEFA, for the Euros) pre-determines "home" and "away" for the entire tournament before hand. If you go to their site, the home team is always listed first. Brazil & the Netherlands are "home" against their opponents in the QFs, so they'll get first choice of kits.

If you look at the original match schedule (PDF, with the games sorted by city), it shows who is "home" for each match. It follows from top to bottom, left to right. So Brazil's half of the bracket is the "home" team in the final. Brazil's QF winner is "home" in the semifinal. The FRA/NGA winner is "home" against GER/ALG. Netherlands is "home" against Costa Rica, and the winner are the "home" team in the semifinal. ARG/SUI winner is "home" against the BEL/USA winner.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Belgium's first choice is red should it should be them in red vs. us in white.

After FIFA logic it will propably be red (USA) against black (Belgium). Because white for the US and red for Belgium are the 'light kits' for both. But one has to wear their dark kit and the other their light kit.

That's why France wears white now against Nigeria in neon green I guess as the neon green is Nigerias dark kit.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

My bet would be on a coin toss, or they could pull a Spain-Netherlands and have both teams wear their secondary/alternate kits.

FIFA (and UEFA, for the Euros) pre-determines "home" and "away" for the entire tournament before hand. If you go to their site, the home team is always listed first. Brazil & the Netherlands are "home" against their opponents in the QFs, so they'll get first choice of kits.

If you look at the original match schedule (PDF, with the games sorted by city), it shows who is "home" for each match. It follows from top to bottom, left to right. So Brazil's half of the bracket is the "home" team in the final. Brazil's QF winner is "home" in the semifinal. The FRA/NGA winner is "home" against GER/ALG. Netherlands is "home" against Costa Rica, and the winner are the "home" team in the semifinal. ARG/SUI winner is "home" against the BEL/USA winner.

I was under the same impression. Yet, now we have Nigeria in home kits and France in away kits.

Archived