2014 FIFA World Cup

UnclearInitial

After FIFA logic it will propably be red (USA) against black (Belgium). Because white for the US and red for Belgium are the 'light kits' for both. But one has to wear their dark kit and the other their light kit.

Using that "FIFA logic" example if one has to wear its light kit and the other its dark kit wouldn't it be Belgium in black (dark) and USA in white (light)?

z9e0rqit393ojiizsemd0t1hx.gif74937881997.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)North Carolina Tar Heels (2015 - Pres)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After FIFA logic it will propably be red (USA) against black (Belgium). Because white for the US and red for Belgium are the 'light kits' for both. But one has to wear their dark kit and the other their light kit.

Using that "FIFA logic" example if one has to wear its light kit and the other its dark kit wouldn't it be Belgium in black (dark) and USA in white (light)?

Ah, right. I made a mistake.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Why is France in white shirts and blue shorts....

If blue shorts are fine against the green shorts, and the white shirt is fine against the green shirt, why couldn't it be reversed.

They easily could have been in the Blue, White, Red look....

If blue shorts are fine against the green shorts, and the white shirt is fine against the green shirt, why couldn't it be reversed.

Yup, this would've been a nice matchup. It's sad that France will propably not wear their navy-white-red combination in this tournament. The only way I would expect it is in a half-final against Brazil.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

The real issue is that a red jersey is considered the light jersey for Belgium, but a red jersey is considered a dark jersey for the USA. If the previous picture is what they are wearing, it's light vs. light. Which looks great.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Yup, this would've been a nice matchup. It's sad that France will propably not wear their navy-white-red combination in this tournament. The only way I would expect it is in a half-final against Brazil.

IMHO dark shorts give a really good contrast againt lime green kits. It's a pity that Argentina and Germany didn't follow. I still hope France will go for Tricolore in the quarterfinals and force Germany to use black shorts. That would be a proper international matchup.

My bet would be on a coin toss, or they could pull a Spain-Netherlands and have both teams wear their secondary/alternate kits.

FIFA (and UEFA, for the Euros) pre-determines "home" and "away" for the entire tournament before hand. If you go to their site, the home team is always listed first. Brazil & the Netherlands are "home" against their opponents in the QFs, so they'll get first choice of kits.

If you look at the original match schedule (PDF, with the games sorted by city), it shows who is "home" for each match. It follows from top to bottom, left to right. So Brazil's half of the bracket is the "home" team in the final. Brazil's QF winner is "home" in the semifinal. The FRA/NGA winner is "home" against GER/ALG. Netherlands is "home" against Costa Rica, and the winner are the "home" team in the semifinal. ARG/SUI winner is "home" against the BEL/USA winner.

I was under the same impression. Yet, now we have Nigeria in home kits and France in away kits.

It might have been a repeat of the Costa Rica - Greece game. The match commentator specifically said that Costa Rica chose to wear white because of their earlier success in it.

Being "home" only means you get first choice of kit, not that you will wear your home kit. And only in the event of a non-clash. Don't be surprised if NED-CRC show up in blue v white, since orange doesn't clash well with white or red.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

It seems that Lotto are struggling to keep up with demand following Costa Rica's unexpected World Cup success - their shirts have enjoyed a 20-fold rise in sales.

That absolutely makes sense as CR football is hardly a global brand nor is Lotto a global powerhouse of retail sportswear (they may have been at one time). This seems to happen every world cup/olympics where you have a cinderella team and a run on their merchandise.

As France is the home team on Friday I hope this happens:

28gvvr6.jpg122dkau.jpg

As France is the home team on Friday I hope this happens:

28gvvr6.jpg122dkau.jpg

I hope it as well, but I'd put my money on total blues VS total white...

If the game was being played outside of the WC, it would be. But get ready for blue/blue/red vs. white/white/white.

It seems that Lotto are struggling to keep up with demand following Costa Rica's unexpected World Cup success - their shirts have enjoyed a 20-fold rise in sales.

Amazing, though, that Lotto makes long sleeve replicas and Nike doesn't.
I just saw long sleeved nike replica USMNT jerseys yesterday
Where and from which kit? Sure they weren't fake? The last batch of kits to actually release long sleeves to the public were the authentic 2008-2009 qualifying shirts and the 2006 World Cup long sleeve replicas. Anything you see for this year and the previous qualifying cycle must be player issued or fake because they haven't released any.

Amazing, though, that Lotto makes long sleeve replicas and Nike doesn't.
I just saw long sleeved nike replica USMNT jerseys yesterday
Where and from which kit? Sure they weren't fake? The last batch of kits to actually release long sleeves to the public were the authentic 2008-2009 qualifying shirts and the 2006 World Cup long sleeve replicas. Anything you see for this year and the previous qualifying cycle must be player issued or fake because they haven't released any.
I saw it at the world of soccer store at down town Disney so i dont think its fake. And it was the white home kit.

Archived