Jaguars, Dolphins, and Vikings... what do you say now?

oldschoolvikings

No major change for me on either team. Still feel the same about the logos and uniforms. If i am having a chamge of heart at all its to the Jags unis. Where i thought they were fine (minus the helmet) i think i could be liking them less each time i see them.

How about the Bills? We've lived with them a while now. Anyones opinion changed there?

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No major change for me on either team. Still feel the same about the logos and uniforms. If i am having a chamge of heart at all its to the Jags unis. Where i thought they were fine (minus the helmet) i think i could be liking them less each time i see them.

How about the Bills? We've lived with them a while now. Anyones opinion changed there?

I feel a bit better about the Bills than I used to. Obviously, from the neck down, it was an upgrade by default. But I initially did not love them and I mourned the loss of the red helmet. But I am getting used to the white helmet and the classic jerseys, which I initially thought of as "OK" are starting to grow on me. Throw in the lack of white-on-white or monocrome (right?) and I am really digging it. I don't love the "expanding" helmet stripe, but it's not all that noticeable. I am a "gray face mask hater" but this one does not stick out as much as, say the Browns or Giants. To be sure, I still wish they'd go with blue, but it's a small negative to a huge upgrade. It's an A- and I'd probably have given it a B initially.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

dolphins- lack of orange bothers me alot, but the look is ok

vikings- i looove the look but that black facemask make the whole thing look of and i cant stop noticing it

jaguars- shouldve kept last seasons helmets which were great. i wish they wore teal alot more and they couldve updated that logo better than what they got now it looks like clipart

2rzsaw3.jpg

If the purple's matched between the helmet and the jersey, I'd feel a whole lot better for the Vikes. Number font doesn't bother me as much as it does to some around here, but I can see where they're coming from. I, for one, love the shoulder stripes. Stay away from the all-purple at home and sparingly use the all whites away, and they'll look great every week.

Dolphins - I think I'm in the minority but I just prefer the darker aqua. It's so bright this year and as someone said before, the glow from them on HDTV, for me, is too much. I don't think they need more orange though. Aqua is and should be their true color, and I'm fine with orange being a tertiary color to white as the secondary.

Jags - Yikes. I have yet to see them in a game as no one would ever broadcast them up here (Green Bay) unless the Packers were playing them, but from the few highlights I have seen of their season so far, its not a pretty picture: on the field or on the players. Helmet is obviously atrocious and the uniforms are mediocre at the very best. Since Miami went lighter with aqua, the Jags have the opportunity to really own teal as their color, yet they continue to gravitate towards black. I just don't understand. (I also still prefer the old logo to the new one, with all of its flaws. The new design has a certain caricature-feel to it, whereas the old logo, even if its not as anatomically correct, has an actual logo feel to it.)

As for the Bills, still look great. I much prefer the blue pants with the away whites. When they played at NYJ, they looked beautiful.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

Jaguars: D

From certain angles, they look absolutely fantastic, especially on the road. But that pants stripe and helmet should killed with fire.

Dolphins: B

Too little orange, obviously. They should have completely got rid of the other blue, but the current uniforms feel a bit stale in certain lightning.

Vikings: A-

Would be an A+ if it wasn't for those god damn number inconsistencies. Just round them!

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

All 3 are still upgrades, though not perfect.

Vikings: Nike needs to find an effective way to match their purple throughout the uniform.

Jaguars: Helmets are still an major eyesore and I'm not a huge fan of their pants stripe either.

Dolphins: Unlike everyone else here, I like most of it. Minor, minor gripe that the navy and orange stripes need to be switched. That's it.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I'll start with the logos;

Jags - Upon first seeing the new logo, I thought it was a big upgrade. I was never a fan of the old derpy-cat. I still think it's the one thing the Jags got right.

Dolphins - When I first saw the new logo, I didn't think it was too bad. I knew I'd miss the old helmet-wearing fish (I have a weird fondness for goofy animal mascots), but I thought taken as is, without the comparison, it was OK. A little unsporty and generic, but OK. Now, however, after seeing it on the uniform in games, my opinion has gone down. It just seems oddly sized on the helmet... so horizontal it gets lost. And it’s even worse on the sleeve.

Vikings - I first considered it a minor upgrade, just because it’s such a minor change... but a minor change was really all it needed to be. Sometimes I forget it even happened, which I think is a good thing, in this case.

Uniforms;

Jaguars - At first I thought it was a complete disaster... the helmet is a true nightmare and the uniform is a collection of everything I dislike about so called "cutting edge" sports design. I think I've softened a little on the uniform. Still pretty bad, but at least the teal is represented. I think it’s a handful of changes away from being presentable... faint praise, I guess. The helmet though... just terrible.

Dolphin - At the debut, I had high hopes. I thought I'd like the blue better than the navy, and the brighter aqua was promising... I generally prefer bright colors over darker ones. But seeing it in action... I don't know. There's just something kind of... cheap looking about it all. It really does look like a movie version of an NFL team. That aqua always makes me feel like I need to adjust my TV color... like that can't be right. From most wide shots they look like a team with no orange at all. Not what I'd want for them.

Vikings - I'm sure I've got "homer-vision" over this uniform. There's no doubt I'd be more critical if it wasn't my team... I think that's just human nature. Their previous uniform was a mixture of everything I hate in a football uniform, but I still couldn’t bring myself to rate it lower than the Bengals, Cardinal, Falcons, or any other team who got redesigned in that era. Still, I can’t help but be very happy. When they first brought it out, I didn’t like the black facemask, the spiky number font, and the sleeve stripe “sails”. I ran off and did half dozen concepts to fix it. But, after watching them in it for two months, all of those things don’t seem like problem to me now. During games I completely forget about the black mask. The font has grown on me to the point that I don’t give it much thought. And I think the jersey would be pretty dull without the sail-stripes. Again, I’m sure it’s a bit of homerism, but I’d pretty much leave the whole thing alone, now. The one thing I’d absolutely have to do, though, is add some white socks for the road purple pants. White with stripes to match the jersey, and otherwise… nothing.

I've been a Dolphins fan for 40+ years and I still can't embrace the new look. I just find it very bland. The dark jerseys look faded to me. I prefer the all white look of the two combinations. I wish the uniforms featured more orange and had more of a sheen to them.

The Vikes have definitely upgraded.

No comment on the Jags.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Vikings: has always been my favorite. The black mask, matte helmet, and number font don't bother me. Obviously there are little things to fix, like the purple socks with purple pants and the gold on white sleeve stripes (some of might not find so minor).

Dolphins: logo has grown on me a lot. The number font still looks like Peyton's forehead, especially the ones, but that's okay. There definitely needs to be more orange, but that's pretty much the only major problem to me.

Jaguars: the helmet sucked, sucks, and always will suck. The logo looks like clip art herpaderp. (It's actually great) the black jersey and black pants look nice, but the white is pretty black and white. There isn't really any unity color wise.

As for the Bills, I'm probably too critical of them because they are my team. The striping inconsistencies drive me nuts. The leotard look is bad. The grey facemask doesn't work. Honestly, it isn't a bad set at all, I just see it way too much.

spacer.png

Dolphins: While their last look was among the worst, the Dolphins now have the best uniform in the NFL in my opinion. I LOVE the new logo and the shade of green they went to is very appealing. The white shell/white facemask combination makes for a really clean-lookinng helmet and the wide stripe was a good move. I'm glad they didn't ruin everything with a green facemask. Many will disagree, but I think they're achieved uniform perfection here.

Jaguars: Awful. The new wordmark is awesome though. I think their last uniforms were just fine and this is a maaaaassive downgrade.

20130928-roster-cp.jpg

It looks like 10 different unfinished ideas all jjumbled into one hot mess.

In my eyes the big winners are the Dolphins, and I am surprised I think that. I loved their old set. but this one has grown on me so much. The new shade of Aqua just pops against that white. It's quite delicious. Only flaw is I wish there was more orange, but only in subtle doses. And the new logo looks great on the helmet IMO.

Vikings obviously is an upgrade, but I just don't get that same tingly feeling in my pants when I see them. Good upgrade, but it's not the second coming of Joseph's Dream coat like alot of people are praising it up to be.

Jaguars. haha. Oh Jaguars. What makes me mad is when you see what the Jags helmet is supposed to look like

m_trItja5cTbh9wIqmKkd-g.jpg

The gradient isn't half bad. Still makes no sense since teal is more prominent than gold, but the execution of the paint job on the game day helmets is laughable.

I'm pretty much in the same position I was in back in April.

The Dolphins are okay in a vacuum, but just a really bland downgrade from what they were/should be wearing. Kinda like the current Rays look in that sense.

The Vikings look pretty damn good, but with definite problems. That number font is still catastrophically stupid, and something about the helmet just doesn't quite work in my eyes, but I can't put my finger on what it is exactly.

The Jags, I honestly believe to be the worst NFL uniform of all time. It looks like they had a brainstorming session during the design process, then rather then getting rid of the crappy ideas just decided to attempt to incorporate absolutely everything. NOTHING about that look works, and that's without even mentioning the single worst football helmet ever to be worn in a game, that thing seriously makes current College trends look sober and well thought out

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Dolphins: Massive downgrade.

Vikings: Massive upgrade. I just wish they wouldn't wear purple pants with purple socks on the road. I can't stand the capris look.

Jaguars: I actually like their uniforms (specifically the teal alt). That helmet though is the worst thing to ever grace the NFL.

Vikings look a lot better. Best upgrade. Wish they would have gone with a purple mask. Besides that they're absolutely fine.

Phins look good. I like the new logo. Wish it was bigger on the sleeves or not there at all. Something about the way they outlined the numbers looks generic, might be the blue/orange balance.

Jags I think are an upgrade in every aspect except for that helmet. Its a fairly clean modern uniform and isn't too over the top. If they switch to an all black helmet or just go back to the black/teal helmet, I think they have a really solid look. Hopefully that's the case next year.

I'm hopeful an 0-16 season will make the Jaguars' ownership think the helmets are cursed and change them back to something less embarrassing.

It's been said many times already here, but slap the new logo on last year's shells and be done with it.

The Jags helmet wouldn't be so bad if it looked like it was designed to go with the uniform set. I quite like the concept for a young term to have a forward looking design on the helmet. The uniform is fine. Pair it with last years helmet and you have a fine look.

Dolphins, for me, are a franchise that should err toward the conservative, so a plainer hi set is fine with me. Not sold yet on the logo.

The Vikings have done what you want to do with an update. They look more like what the Minnesota Vikings should look like. Yes there are one or two inconsistencies, but overall I like the set.

Also, I'm impressed that no one has resorted to a 'the only thing worse than the Jaguars team is there helmet' comment. Still if it wasn't for the recent takeover, and the new owners stated commitment to Jacksonville, they would look like a franchise preparing to move.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived