NBA Football Crossover

GriffinM6

Hey guys! I'm back with another concept series. I noticed jbslinky's awesome MLB and NHL crossover series, so I thought I'd try my hand at an NBA crossover. Hope you guys enjoy!

First up is the Hawks. I wanted to base it off their current basketball look, and I think I hit it spot on. Also, there's a throwback based on the Wilkins era unis.

oyka.png

ln5j.png

4dze.png

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not bad at all, but I have a few minor suggestions for each:

Hawks-Consider replacing "HAWKS" in front with "ATLANTA", at least on the road whites. For the throwback I suggest a white helmet with the logo in red, or the current red helmet with the logo in red inside either a white or gold circle. Also, very minor but go with "Hawks" in title case instead of all caps on the throwback jersey.

Celtics-Very good but I'd either go with (a) only a green shamrock with the white helmet or (B) a white shamrock on a green helmet. Another option might be just to have the "CELTICS" wordmark on top. The helmet as it is doesn't look classic or old school.

I'll try a white helmet for the hawks throwback later. Right now here's the Nets. I wanted to give them a unique style even though they're black and white, and believe I did a good job of that by using the herringbone pattern.

gfju.png

23ux.png

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Hawks: Absolutely Gorgeous. Love the Wilkins era throwbacks.

Celtics: Nothing beats tradition, possibly add a black-numbered alt?

Nets: Love the Barclays court pattern on the side.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Damn, I was going to try this, but a more experienced concept-maker took my job.

Hawks: Good, I like the Wilkins-era unis.

Celtics: No complaints.

Nets: I'd love to see the Dodgers script on that.

97uyh0.jpg

Bruh check out my last.fm

And my Rate Your Music

Fantasy Teams: Seattle Spacemen (CFA)

Signature credit to Silent Wind of Doom

I'm not feeling the indigo either. If we're going full Charlotte Hornets, why not go for the purple and Carolina blue their going to use once the real Hornets return? Cut the yellow, and replace the teal with Carolina blue, and the indigo with the Hornets Purple?

8VvwoNps.png

I'm not feeling the indigo either. If we're going full Charlotte Hornets, why not go for the purple and Carolina blue their going to use once the real Hornets return? Cut the yellow, and replace the teal with Carolina blue, and the indigo with the Hornets Purple?

I don't really think Carolina Blue would look good at all, but that's just my opinion.

Griff I'd try a gold helmet with the gold alt. See how that looks.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Forget the gold in there... The hornets only had yellow when in NOLA. If you are going to make it the Charlotte Hornets, then you need to get back to the roots of the original Charlotte team. Maybe use orange instead of yellow since the ball was orange in the original hornets logo.

Colorado Born and Raised!!

2gm6.png
LasVegasBowl_zpsdb9fb995.png

Archived