Honda vs Hyundai

pianoknight

Honda looks very dated, and Hyundai looks cheap and like it's trying to appeal to young kids who are turned on by ovals and italics.

Honda makes some inexpensive cars, but is not a "cheap" car, if that makes any sense. It's logo should be updated to reflect it's current brand, which is value-priced reliability and luxury. At the very least get a new wordmark. I really can't think of what to do with the H logo though. I don't have any ideas to improve it.

Hyundai has moved past the old Hyundai Excel days, and with the Sonata is also trying to change its image (though it does still make some cheap and tacky vehicles.) It depends on who they're marketing to. These companies like to consider themselves value versions of low end BMWs and Mercedes, with all the leather and wood, interior room, and other options. However if you put all their logos in a row, even without any knowledge, you could point out the least expensive car.

That may be what they're going for, of course.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Honda looks very dated, and Hyundai looks cheap and like it's trying to appeal to young kids who are turned on by ovals and italics.

Honda makes some inexpensive cars, but is not a "cheap" car, if that makes any sense. It's logo should be updated to reflect it's current brand, which is value-priced reliability and luxury. At the very least get a new wordmark. I really can't think of what to do with the H logo though. I don't have any ideas to improve it.

I think Honda's look is about perfect. It's got a very utilitarian/1980s vibe to it, which I think is fitting for a Japanese auto manufacturer that specializes in solid, affordable cars. I'd maybe ditch the metallic logo and just go with a flat H mark over the wordmark, but that's about it.

EDIT- Like this

Honda-Logo_zps30895237.gif

My first introduction to Hyundai was actually thanks to an old Simpsons episode where I think Prinicipal Skinner was trying to steal the hood emblem off of someone's car. Back then I didn't even know that Hyundai was a real car company, and from what I can remember from that episode, they just used a real generic logo for them anyway. That being said, I'm partial to Honda, having driven a couple over the years. Their logo is pretty plain, but I prefer the symmetry to the weird italic design of Hyundai.

For logo's I would go Hyundai, there is a motion involved. Honda, love the type font "HONDA" but the logo is odd... top perspective with a rounded encompass. blah.

chris_creamer_siggy.png

Please do not fool yourself, the Buccaneers jersey is conceptually and creatively an abomination. Read the "FANFARE" Here...

• 2 weeks later...

Certainly better than their regular logo.

Kinda looks like mazda's sideways,

Mazda has a great logo, I get to see it everyday when I get in my car lol.

MazdaLogoWeb.jpg

Agreed, but the sleekness of their logo kind of dates the type, especially with that stencil Z going on.

^^^ Why the hell doesn't Kia use that on their cars?

In Asia they do use it on most of their cars I think. I see it in front of me while car lounging in the jam home everyday, and rather rarely see their 'KIA-in-an-oval'. But then again, here they are obviously also not positioning themselves as 'the cheap car from Korea'.

Archived