Oldschoolvikings' NFL concepts - Frankly insane Buccaneers idea added

oldschoolvikings

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I liked that stripe template I used for the Cardinals so much, I repurposed it for the Seahawks.  Thoughts?

It’s good on the silver pants, but not as good on the green. The blue blurs too much with the green. Might a white outline on the striping pattern (a la the throwback) work?

On 12/14/2018 at 6:14 PM, SFGiants58 said:

It’s good on the silver pants, but not as good on the green. The blue blurs too much with the green. Might a white outline on the striping pattern (a la the throwback) work?

I've tried that, but didn't really care for it.  It looked a little clunky to me, with the floating stripes.

It's been a while since I've done a concept for the Minnesota Vikings, which is weird because there was a time that was the only team I did concepts for. I guess I'm happy with the current look (except the apparently mothballed color rush) so it doesn't seem as urgent. However, the question popped into my mind of what I would do with the Vikings if I had to change them, and my only thought was to go backwards... with a few tweaks;

vikfinal2_zpsot5mmqid.png

• Like 7

I think you could lose the yellow trim on the numbers. The Vikings are a team where single color numbers work really well By playing off of the horn where white and yellow don’t touch. I guess my critique would be that white and yellow shouldn’t be touching, especially on this Vikings concept that has lots of thin lines. 

15 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

I think you could lose the yellow trim on the numbers. The Vikings are a team where single color numbers work really well By playing off of the horn where white and yellow don’t touch. I guess my critique would be that white and yellow shouldn’t be touching, especially on this Vikings concept that has lots of thin lines. 

That's actually what I like about the current uniform... The gold bring bordered by purple through out. (Almost... Everywhere except the road stripes.) This concept was more a riff on the 60's uniform.

• Like 2

On 12/19/2018 at 10:03 AM, oldschoolvikings said:

These are great! I like the current uniforms but they are lacking that old school vikings feel (like your name). I would take these instantly and never look back. I love the gray facemask, no black in the logo, and the pants stripe change works really well. I like the dark purple too, the vikings current uniforms seem too light at times. The only changes I would make is to have home striped socks and no wordmark on the chest 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Fix the little nudges in the numbers first off. Now while I don’t hate the blue, if the rams are royal and yellow, the chargers need to own the navy, it’s common in the nfl, yes, but it’s better than the royal blue or powder imo. 

For your concept tho, the first one looks best. It’s either all navy or none.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

The first one makes me think of those classic Chargers uniforms from decades ago. So much right with that one. The second option with the navy blue gives me a similar impression as the Dolphins uniforms from 2013-2017 (the ones with the dark blue). Sure it looks pretty similar to what a Chargers uniform should be, but the dark blue just adds so much unneeded clutter and strips it of its natural beauty. Look at how much better the Dolphins are now that they’ve reverted back to only aqua and orange. Sometimes simpler is better and I think this is one of those times.

• Like 1