Oldschoolvikings' NFL concepts - Weird Vikings idea added

oldschoolvikings

I think most everyone has seen this weird painting of a Vikings' prototype uniform from before the franchise began play... 

spacer.png

Anyway, I decided to see if I could make an update of it. (I know I'm not the first to do so... in fact, I'm pretty sure I already did it myself, once.) 

Two thing;  I tried my best with the socks, but just couldn't come up with anything that seemed like it would actually translate to real life, so I dropped it.  And secondly, in the spirit of the NFL circa 2022, I created a crappy black alt.

spacer.png

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

• oldschoolvikings changed the title to Oldschoolvikings' NFL concepts - boneless Rams added
  • oldschoolvikings changed the title to Oldschoolvikings' NFL concepts - Frankford Yellow Jackets and Canton Bulldogs added
On 8/5/2022 at 8:46 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

Based on this NFL champion...

spacer.png

spacer.png

Love this jersey but if I'm being picky I think the helmet logo is a bit cluttered. Would love to see a Texas A&M style YFJ logo, maybe in a hexagon? (obligatory for any bee-related team name I know). Just my opinion, think it might be a little cleaner

2 hours ago, Spunky Brewster said:

Love this jersey but if I'm being picky I think the helmet logo is a bit cluttered. Would love to see a Texas A&M style YFJ logo, maybe in a hexagon? (obligatory for any bee-related team name I know). Just my opinion, think it might be a little cleaner

Oh, no doubt, you're right, it's definitely cluttered.  I was trying to work with the old Yfj logo from the jersey, ended up with that awkward negative space to the left, and just stuck a bee there. I didn't really like it that much, but then decided to add the bee to the upper chest of the jersey, so I just left the helmet alone.

• 3 weeks later...
  • oldschoolvikings changed the title to Oldschoolvikings' NFL concepts - Commanders added
  • oldschoolvikings changed the title to Oldschoolvikings' NFL concepts - Vikings added (now with sore thumb socks!)
  • 1 month later...
  • oldschoolvikings changed the title to Oldschoolvikings' NFL concepts - Panthers added
  • 2 weeks later...
  • oldschoolvikings changed the title to Oldschoolvikings' NFL concepts - Eagles added, based on new wordmark

I'd be perfectly fine with that for the Eagles. I like the Kelly green throwbacks for the Eagles but find them a bit too plain for my taste. I think the midnight green is an incredibly unique color that works really well in today's NFL, especially as a flat fabric compared to the weird glossy finish of the Reebok era. Any simple Eagles concept with midnight green and silver is a win for me.

• Like 4

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

11 hours ago, PERRIN said:

I'd be perfectly fine with that for the Eagles. I like the Kelly green throwbacks for the Eagles but find them a bit too plain for my taste. I think the midnight green is an incredibly unique color that works really well in today's NFL, especially as a flat fabric compared to the weird glossy finish of the Reebok era. Any simple Eagles concept with midnight green and silver is a win for me.

Agreed, this is probably my favorite concept of yours, @oldschoolvikings. The number font in particular is really nice. I too would always endorse the Eagles going with just midnight green & silver. 

My only recommendations to maybe try would be to flip the colors of the silver & white in the helmet wing, and, similar to how the Eagles currently have black on both of their jerseys’ collars and sleeve cuffs, maybe try that with silver in this set. Nice work!

16 hours ago, PERRIN said:

I personally prefer Kelly green, but midnight green is perfectly serviceable with silver as the secondary color. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • oldschoolvikings changed the title to Oldschoolvikings' NFL concepts - Seahawks added
  • 3 weeks later...