Oldschoolvikings' NFL concepts - Frankly insane Buccaneers idea added

oldschoolvikings

4 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

You don't miss the creamcicle Bucs?

Well, sorta - but that's what the throwback is for. They've established a red primary identity over the years, and I think they need to keep it that way as long as pewter is the secondary. I don't think creamsicle orange is a strong enough color to work as a primary with all that dark pewter. JMO

With the Cardinals color rush, I think it would be ideal for eliminating white and going all out on the two tone red, especially with the numbers. Great work on some of these. Big fan of the Eagles. Really don't like that new Bucs logo though. Keep the flag red.

• Like 1

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

On 6/28/2017 at 8:48 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

Another Buccaneers' concept.  This one gives them the chance to use a throwback;

buc1_zps3te8c864.png

I'll never understand why everyone is so in love with the Creamsicles. They weren't good uniforms and they weren't a good team wearing them. But if you must, this is a pretty inoffensive way to give them the throw back option. I echo the home base needing to be red and keeping the orange solely for the alt. I'd keep the flag red too.

Pretty cold on an all pewter alt. We already hate how Jacksonville looks in all gold, do we really want a duller version of that?

tumblr_p3eoj4gyq71ufhi8uo1_1280.png

DU2NX7nW0AAhqtw.jpg

10 hours ago, SplashBoogie said:

I'll never understand why everyone is so in love with the Creamsicles. They weren't good uniforms and they weren't a good team wearing them. But if you must, this is a pretty inoffensive way to give them the throw back option. I echo the home base needing to be red and keeping the orange solely for the alt. I'd keep the flag red too.

I never had an overwhelming love of the creamsicles until this disastrous redesign. I guess the current Buccaneers look has soured me on the whole red and pewter look.  And for me, a red jersey paired with white helmets and pants would be out of the question... boring. The white/orange/white is looked back on fondly because it's unique, and at least as a color scheme, attractive.

23 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I never had an overwhelming love of the creamsicles until this disastrous redesign. I guess the current Buccaneers look has soured me on the whole red and pewter look.  And for me, a red jersey paired with white helmets and pants would be out of the question... boring. The white/orange/white is looked back on fondly because it's unique, and at least as a color scheme, attractive.

This look has grown on me. It's bold and unique...just the damn alarm clock numbers throw it off. If they had normal numbers but still with the chrome, it'd be perfect. But it's a forward enough look where for me the old sets just look plain. So we're just in disagreement there nothing wrong with that.

Well if you want a clean look White/Red/White gets the job done. If you want to be adventurous keep the pewter pants or have more creative striping. Maybe if the orange wasn't a yellow-orange and more of the orange the Broncos used to wear? It's just a very 70s look and pretty garish. There's really no balance it's just a bunch of unnecessary bright colors.

tumblr_p3eoj4gyq71ufhi8uo1_1280.png

DU2NX7nW0AAhqtw.jpg

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I'm not saying I'd necessarily want to see this actually happen, but sometimes that old Michigan Panthers' helmet just gets in my head;

bronco4_zps2qja6ihn.png

Very interesting.. I think you'd need to extend the horse neck area further so it flows a bit more with the navy, but it could work.. I think a 2000's Seahawks metallic blue and navy would be a close fit for what you've mocked up here..

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm a big fan of this year's Oregon looks.  Especially this helmet color and finish;

herbert_916__1505608590.jpg?itok=PBtf5ic

I love that color.  With that in mind, here's a Philadelphia Eagle uniform that I'm picturing with that specific green, and that helmet finish;

EAGLNEW_zpshhrdi5o6.png

Thought appreciated.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

It looks good. I love that there's minimal white on the colored jerseys. I think I would match the helmet stripe to the stripe on the black pants.

Not a fan of the gold color rush. Ideally there wouldn't be a need for it, but maybe something that fades from black up top to purple on the bottom would be a cool and unique look.