Oldschoolvikings' NFL concepts - Frankly insane Buccaneers idea added

oldschoolvikings

I like the striping a lot. Keeps the general idea of their current look but ties everything into the helmet better. My one suggestion would be to add silver trim to the striping on the black jersey/pants and black trim to the white jersey striping. That way it's more consistent with the helmet and silver pants.

I like the striping a lot. Keeps the general idea of their current look but ties everything into the helmet better. My one suggestion would be to add silver trim to the striping on the black jersey/pants and black trim to the white jersey striping. That way it's more consistent with the helmet and silver pants.

Like this?

panth1_zps14z73inc.png

Yes, except I would use black trim on the white jersey. That way the stripe is just the reverse color of the helmet stripe. The trim ties everything together real nicely, though.

I tried it that way but it bugged me that the stripes were blue with black trim while the numbers were black with blue trim... personal preference I guess.

Ooh, I like that take on the striping. Never seen someone use stripes like the ones on the aqua elements and it works really well. I really like the number font too, though I would use a flat serif on the top of the 1 (like USC, Redskins throwbacks) to match the 5 and 3. And the helmet on the new dolphin doesn't look too shabby!

• Like 1

Ooh, I like that take on the striping. Never seen someone use stripes like the ones on the aqua elements and it works really well. I really like the number font too, though I would use a flat serif on the top of the 1 (like USC, Redskins throwbacks) to match the 5 and 3. And the helmet on the new dolphin doesn't look too shabby!s

Doh! You are spot on about the "1". I customized off the Dallas Stars' font, but I missed that.

By the way, thanks for all the feedback lately... it's been helpful.

Having the navy and royal blue isn't working, especially with them right next to each other they bleed together and get lost.

Hmmm. The blue I was trying for was supposed to be slightly lighter than royal... sort of a desaturated version of their old blue helmet, which was definitely lighter than a standard royal.

Steel-Blue-D.jpg

To me, that isn't what I'd call royal blue. This is the blue worn by the Buffalo Bills...

1bc7b9e91fc6670b700f6a706700e2e3_r620x34

That is royal blue... I was trying for something lighter and grayer than that. Also, you can see the Bills use royal and navy together, although I suppose you could argue about how successful it is.

New Saints idea. I was looking at some Mardi Gras designs and kept seeing this diamond pattern reoccurring.

saint3_zps3x7exwip.png

The pattern looks good on the black but I'm not a fan on the white. The number font looks good and really familiar for some reason.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

New Saints idea. I was looking at some Mardi Gras designs and kept seeing this diamond pattern reoccurring.

saint3_zps3x7exwip.png

The pattern looks good on the black but I'm not a fan on the white. The number font looks good and really familiar for some reason.

It's a slightly modified Phoenix Suns font.

• 1 month later...