Oldschoolvikings' NFL concepts - Frankly insane Buccaneers idea added

oldschoolvikings

8 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

What does the Vikings’ No. 6 look like? 😉

9 minutes ago, n312rb said:

There is no six in your number lineup for the Vikes.

Doh!!

So there isn't!  I probably never would've noticed that.

Huh, well, I guess I could just the 9 upside down.

8 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

The first one makes me think of those classic Chargers uniforms from decades ago. So much right with that one. The second option with the navy blue gives me a similar impression as the Dolphins uniforms from 2013-2017 (the ones with the dark blue). Sure it looks pretty similar to what a Chargers uniform should be, but the dark blue just adds so much unneeded clutter and strips it of its natural beauty. Look at how much better the Dolphins are now that they’ve reverted back to only aqua and orange. Sometimes simpler is better and I think this is one of those times.

You know, I probably agree with that... the first would make a better on-field uniform. I'm just thinking of how the Bills' held on to the navy trim through their last redesign as a marketing tool. Obviously (well, obvious to me, I guess) Buffalo would have a much better on field look with just royal and scarlet, but I remember reading that the NFL will only let you sell gear... t-shirts, jackets, etc... using official colors. And fans will more likely buy casual-wear items in black, navy, forest green, and so on. Sometimes I wonder if that is a part of why the Chargers seem so stubborn about keeping the navy.

I really like what you did with the bengals. The only thing might do is change the numbers on the white jersey to black. If you’re married to the orange numbers, an outline would work, but I think single color numbers work better here (and most of the time, for that matter).

As for the Titans, I like the idea, I love the powder blue helmet, and I really dig the red numbers on the white jersey. I’m not really liking the way the old school striping clashes against the more contemporary logo though, maybe something simpler like a double stripe or a brashier stripe would work better? Just my two pennies.

3 hours ago, nate.sweitz said:

I'd probably use those black numbers on the road uniforms. Black with the orange accents is a much stronger look than the orange with black, IMO. 

2 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

I really like what you did with the bengals. The only thing might do is change the numbers on the white jersey to black. 

I get that.  The main reason I made the road numbers orange instead of black is that the little accents are supposed to look like tiger stripes, and tigers are orange with black stripes.  I agree that black numbers would look stronger.

• 2 weeks later...