Oldschoolvikings' NFL concepts - Weird Vikings idea added

oldschoolvikings

• 2 weeks later...

Eagles throwback is so, so nice.

Of course, it should not be a throwback. It should be their primary - take the all-white stripe off and go with just the w/g/w shoulders and perfection is achieved.  

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

As a Broncos fan, I really want to like this concept, but the double blue just doesn’t do it for me. I’ve seen several different concepts try it, but it doesn’t quite work, in my opinion. I’d suggest picking just one shade (personally, I’d like something about halfway between royal and navy blue). 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jn8 said:

As a Broncos fan, I really want to like this concept, but the double blue just doesn’t do it for me. I’ve seen several different concepts try it, but it doesn’t quite work, in my opinion. I’d suggest picking just one shade (personally, I’d like something about halfway between royal and navy blue). 

It's a tough sell, I know. I keep trying to make it work because I love the old light/bright blue helmet over that orange jersey, and I also love the current logo, which IMO only works inside the navy stroke. The whole point of these concepts I keep throwing out is to somehow get those two elements to coexist.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I'm always intrigued by uniforms that make no sense, or are disjointed home to road, or just otherwise seem to break the rules of "good design" but work anyway.  NY Giants all red road uniform, Ole Miss' random powder blue helmet...

In that spirit, here's an Arizona Cardinals uniform that really makes no sense.  You may hate it, who knows?

spacer.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2020 at 5:27 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

I'm always intrigued by uniforms that make no sense, or are disjointed home to road, or just otherwise seem to break the rules of "good design" but work anyway.  NY Giants all red road uniform, Ole Miss' random powder blue helmet...

In that spirit, here's an Arizona Cardinals uniform that really makes no sense.  You may hate it, who knows?

spacer.png

I do hate the black numerals on the red jersey, but I don't hate the overall design.. very interesting.. nice work

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WavePunter said:

I do hate the black numerals on the red jersey, but I don't hate the overall design.. very interesting.. nice work

Yeah, but if the numbers were regular old red w/ black trim, it'd be just like every other Cardinals concept I've seen. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Yeah, but if the numbers were regular old red w/ black trim, it'd be just like every other Cardinals concept I've seen. 

I'm talking about the red jersey.. they would be white numerals.. I think the 2-tone red in the jersey itself is different enough to distinguish it.. you can keep the black numbers on the white jersey

On 2/2/2020 at 3:40 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

How about double red? Bright red numbers with cardinal red outline?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

• 3 weeks later...