Oldschoolvikings' NFL concepts - Weird Vikings idea added

oldschoolvikings

Every time you post an Eagles concept I'm reminded of how great kelly/gray is.

• Like 9

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The concept itself is nice, but I’ve never seen a Kelly green Eagles concept that I wouldn’t like better with a darker midnight green. Currently it leans a little too blue, but midnight green is the way to go, IMO.

• Like 1

I think it's the helmet that really draws me into the kelly green.  I always thought the shell was so nice (and I also preferred that wing).  They never quite nailed the jersey.  They went from far too much sleeve striping (and too large of holes) to black trim.  The Cunningham-era black trim was servicable, but it just looks so nice with gray trim.  That throwback concept on the right is nearly* perfect.

*I'm not a fan of the white stripe at the bottom of the sleeve.  The early 1980s thick white stripe did not work and I would not emulate it.  Otherwise, (Take my money now meme).

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

On 3/4/2020 at 2:01 PM, OnWis97 said:

I think it's the helmet that really draws me into the kelly green.  I always thought the shell was so nice (and I also preferred that wing).  They never quite nailed the jersey.  They went from far too much sleeve striping (and too large of holes) to black trim.  The Cunningham-era black trim was servicable, but it just looks so nice with gray trim.  That throwback concept on the right is nearly* perfect.

*I'm not a fan of the white stripe at the bottom of the sleeve.  The early 1980s thick white stripe did not work and I would not emulate it.  Otherwise, (Take my money now meme).

Well, I'm just trying to be a relatively accurate (as possible with the modern jersey cut) with that throwback as I can be.  Obviously, if that were to become the main primary you'd have to adjust a few things.

8 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Well, I'm just trying to be a relatively accurate (as possible with the modern jersey cut) with that throwback as I can be.  Obviously, if that were to become the main primary you'd have to adjust a few things.

Admittedly, I didn't think of it as a "throwback" (which I should have considering it's a third...).  Of course, taking that, minus the white stripe, making a white version, and calling them both primaries would be perfection.

POTD (Shared)

• 4 weeks later...

I don't love the Patriots' color rush uniform like so many people seem to.  Obviously, I hate the matching pants and jerseys, but also I just think the design is sort of plain. And I don't think basic UCLA stripes look good at all on the Nike template. However, there seems to be some momentum for it, so I thought I'd see if I could warp it a bit to make myself happy.

spacer.png

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2020 at 9:31 AM, Chawls said:

Hey @oldschoolvikings, I’d love to see you create a set for the Cardinals based on the Desert Cardinal, a species that is actually indigenous to Arizona. 

spacer.png

Bumping this comment for @oldschoolvikings  

• Like 3

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

On 2/10/2020 at 10:31 AM, Chawls said:

Hey @oldschoolvikings, I’d love to see you create a set for the Cardinals based on the Desert Cardinal, a species that is actually indigenous to Arizona. 

spacer.png

9 hours ago, Chawls said:

Bumping this comment for @oldschoolvikings  

Ok... first attempt.  spacer.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Ok... first attempt.  spacer.png

Thanks! I feel like Nike would have a field day with this color palette. Can you post the recolored logo by itself? 

• Like 4

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

On 4/11/2020 at 11:33 AM, oldschoolvikings said:

So this color scheme used somewhere, and I was just looking for a team to apply it to,,,

spacer.png

I feel that the use of red should be flipped to a tertiary color. Seems to overpower the purple, in the case of the Ravens. I do like the chosen font for the numerals.

But, this set would be interesting if repurposed for the Falcons as a fauxback, of sorts. Replace the purple with black, and it would make sense.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good. I really like the simplicity of the stripes on the jersey. The only change I would like to see would be to use black socks with the home uniform, but that’s a minor nitpick.

Also, I can appreciate the creativity of the Cardinals and Ravens but... yikes. There’s som potential with the AZ color scheme, but the grey/brown needs tweaking. It’s very “pukey”. Its got too much green in it.

1 hour ago, 8BW14 said:

Looks good. I really like the simplicity of the stripes on the jersey. The only change I would like to see would be to use black socks with the home uniform, but that’s a minor nitpick.

Yeah, I get why the black socks would be nice, I just feel like sometimes it would be easier to not even give them the leotard option.  They just can't be trusted.

• Like 2