Oldschoolvikings' NFL concepts - Weird Vikings idea added

oldschoolvikings

On 4/11/2020 at 9:33 AM, oldschoolvikings said:

So this color scheme used somewhere, and I was just looking for a team to apply it to,,,

spacer.png

I quite like what you've done with the shading on the Raven's head. It would help eliminate that empty feeling of negative space you find in every concept where people try to get rid of the 'B'. I can't say I'm a huge fan of the colours though.

8 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

I quite like what you've done with the shading on the Raven's head. It would help eliminate that empty feeling of negative space you find in every concept where people try to get rid of the 'B'. I can't say I'm a huge fan of the colours though.

Yeah the colors were just lark. I had a buddy back in the 90s who played football at a division 3 school in Indiana. Their colors were cardinal and white. When he was a freshman, the students voted to add another color to their color scheme, and purple won. It was added in a pretty half-ass way, IIRC. Picture if Oklahoma suddenly traded their helmets in for purple ones. I found it oddly fascinating.  I didn't think it worked, but I just really wanted it to. It's been renting space in my head ever since.

1 minute ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Yeah the colors were just lark. I had a buddy back in the 90s who played football at a division 3 school in Indiana. There colors were cardinal and white. When he was a freshman, the students voted to add another color to their color scheme, and purple won. It was added in a pretty half-ass way, IIRC. Picture if Oklahoma suddenly traded their helmets in for purple ones. I found it oddly fascinating.  I didn't think it worked, but I just really wanted it to. It's been renting space in my head ever since.

Practically writes itself. Surprised it wasn't teal. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Since the Chargers and Patriots just came out with jerseys without TV numbers, it seems like a thing going forward. Opens up some good possibilities for the Bengals...

spacer.png

I like those tiger shoulders.... it gives me an idea or two.

21 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Since the Chargers and Patriots just came out with jerseys without TV numbers, it seems like a thing going forward. Opens up some good possibilities for the Bengals...

spacer.png

I like the idea on the jerseys, but I'm getting a VT vibe from the shoulder design

Furman vs. Virginia Tech Condensed Game | ACC Football 2019-20 ...

• Like 1

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty much spot on. I don’t love the white stripe on the yellow or blue pants but I can live with it. Otherwise, it’s exactly how the Rams’ new uniforms should look, after  ditching all of the silly crap.

Better in every. Single. Way.  I'm astonished at the kinds of people that get to design pro sports uniforms.  I'm a Niner fan.  Don't care for the Rams at all, and the new uniforms are just offensively bad.  Your concept is simple, clean, and integrates the new brand nicely.

• Like 2

mainescarf.png

5 hours ago, SNBSlugger said:

Better in every. Single. Way.  I'm astonished at the kinds of people that get to design pro sports uniforms.  I'm a Niner fan.  Don't care for the Rams at all, and the new uniforms are just offensively bad.  Your concept is simple, clean, and integrates the new brand nicely.

I'm a 49er fan as well (family has been since they were in the AAFC so not a bandwagon in case of anyone asking) and my name is @Silence of the Rams for that reason. i will say this is a clean concept though

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks good. It’s funny how you can really not change much and take the Falcons uniforms from an absolute mess to not bad. I don’t love the gray pants, but it’s better than primarily monochrome black. I might suggest single-color numbers instead of an outline too.

On 3/28/2020 at 4:45 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

I don't love the Patriots' color rush uniform like so many people seem to.  Obviously, I hate the matching pants and jerseys, but also I just think the design is sort of plain. And I don't think basic UCLA stripes look good at all on the Nike template. However, there seems to be some momentum for it, so I thought I'd see if I could warp it a bit to make myself happy.

spacer.png

So much better than what they actually unveiled. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...