Oldschoolvikings' NFL concepts - Weird Vikings idea added

oldschoolvikings

3 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I really like it... but one tiny nitpick: the ny under the home collar shouldn't be red with the ny on the helmet remaining white. That would bother me every time I saw it on the field.

I get that. I originally made it red because I was considering stripe-less jerseys at home, and that little splash would be the only red. I later added the two red sleeves stripes, but didn't change the red NY for whatever reason.

On 6/20/2015 at 4:27 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

A cleaned up version of an older idea of mine...

panth1_zpskgiuvc5b.png

I'd go blue pants/black stripe, black topped socks for both home and away, maybe even black helmet with blue stripes bordered by silver.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • oldschoolvikings changed the title to Oldschoolvikings' NFL concepts - Jaguars added
  • 2 weeks later...

I wanted to put the NFC North together on my new template, so as an excuse I gave them all some minor tweaks, one throwback (which most already had) and in place of the stupid color rushes, I gave everyone an all-white uniform. The NFC North is IMO as close to not needing any changes as you'll find in the NFL. So I'm posting them in order from least amount of changes to (relatively) most.

First, Bears... really no change to the basic home, road, and throwback, except for moving the GSH tribute to the back collar, adding a second pair of pants and socks for the all-white option, and a gray facemask because I think their helmet looks awesome with the gray mask and (added bonus) will annoy some people.

spacer.png

• Like 3

Second, Vikings. Again, no change to the basic home and road, except for new road socks for the purple pants, to assassinate the leotard.  The all-white gets a new pair of pants to match the jersey. The brand new throwback is from 1969, the Vikings only NFL championship (as usual, they lost the superbowl, but it was the last one before the formation of the nfc/afc so therefore is technically an NFL chip) and includes the amazing 50th anniversary patch. 

spacer.png

• Like 5

Next up, Green Bay.  A number of small changes (road sleeve stripes, home collar, sock stripes, 60's number font), probably unnoticeable to the average fan, but to me they would make a huge overall impact.  I'm not sure they'd ever really need to wear the all-white option, but there it is anyway.

spacer.png

• Like 7

Finally, the Lions. They get fiddled with the most.  Since I'm deep-sixing the gray alt, there's no reason to keep those gray outlines on the numbers. Also, the text on the sleeves is gone. Road socks are a must to make the blue pants wearable.  Like the Packers, I'm not sure that they would wear or need an all-white option, but they get it anyway. 

spacer.png

• Like 7

• oldschoolvikings changed the title to Oldschoolvikings' NFL concepts - NFC North, tweaks and throwbacks added
On 5/29/2021 at 8:04 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

I wanted to put the NFC North together on my new template, so as an excuse I gave them all some minor tweaks, one throwback (which most already had) and in place of the stupid color rushes, I gave everyone an all-white uniform. The NFC North is IMO as close to not needing any changes as you'll find in the NFL. So I'm posting them in order from least amount of changes to (relatively) most.

First, Bears... really no change to the basic home, road, and throwback, except for moving the GSH tribute to the back collar, adding a second pair of pants and socks for the all-white option, and a gray facemask because I think their helmet looks awesome with the gray mask and (added bonus) will annoy some people.

spacer.png

Bears fan here. I like this one a lot! :)

• Like 2

spacer.png

spacer.png

Well, that was a good time, so I thought I'd move on to another division, giving myself the same basic "rules"... each team will get some minor tweaks, one throwback,  and in place of the stupid color rushes,  everyone gets an all-white uniform.  Unfortunately, the NFC East is not as close to not needing any changes as the NFC North, so in some cases I had to move past "minor" changes.   I'm again  posting them in order from least amount of changes to (relatively) most.

First, the Giants. Almost no changes to the basic home and road, but going back to the massively superior gray pants at home. The throwback is from 1933, and it's a beaut.

spacer.png

• Like 6

Next up, the Cowboys. Very little change to the basic white uniform, but everything else gets a makeover. Every time I post a uniform like this someone chimes in with "I like Dallas better in navy and silver", and while everyone is entitled to their  opinion (theoretically) that opinion is nonsense. There are dozens of teams across sports wearing navy and silver, but only one team in royal blue and metallic blue-silver, and that team needs to own it.  Obviously, Dallas needs to unify it's color scheme, but these colors are clearly superior IMO. Thanks to the fabulous one-helmet-rule still being in place (at least currently, fingers crossed) the throwback is technically a faux-back, but since the one-helmet-rule is more important than accurate throwbacks, I'm OK with that.

spacer.png

• Like 7

WFT, adding gold numbers to the jersey to match the ones on the helmet, and bringing back gold pants at home for the color balance. I tried to add a few touches to the number font to tie it in to the new W. The throwback helmet becomes a faux-back helmet, for the obvious reasons. 

spacer.png

• Like 5

And the Eagles. They get the biggest change, as they get a color scheme makeover.  I'm trading kelly green for the dark teal, and silver for the charcoal.  Other than that, I tried to keep as much of their current uniform as I could stand.   The number font, which I think currently is atrocious, I tried to modify without just completely dumping it. I thickened the horizontals, leveled off the curves, and  widened each number overall.

spacer.png

• Like 5

• oldschoolvikings changed the title to Oldschoolvikings' NFL concepts - NFC East, tweaks and throwbacks added

NFC West... same rules. (The Seahawks are getting left out.  The one helmet rule really makes them throwback-proof, and I doubt anything I'd design for them could be honestly considered a "tweak".)

The Cardinals throwback sleeves are really a far cry from the uniform it's referencing, but what can you do?

spacer.png

• Like 10