oldschoolvikings

Oldschoolvikings' NFL concepts - Falcons fix added 6/6/20

Something looks off with that Seahawks logo. I will say though, that I like the switch to that shade of green being the primary and the switch back to silver helmets.

Throwback is mighty fine too.

Every Browns concept I see like this frustrates me. This is just the latest excellent tweak of their set I've seen on the board, and it irritates me how close yet so far they are from a terrific update of their classic look.

Love what you've done with all of them (especially the Vikings one), but I think the Falcons would look best in Black/Black/White homes, and Black/White/Black aways, with red accents obviously.

I know the Panthers' look is fairly popular around here, but I've always been bugged by the various inconsistencies in the striping and such.  I made this with the thought that I'd keep the helmet untouched, and design the rest of the uniform to go with it. 

panthfinal_zps9nfxhoeo.png

Pretty good concept for the Panthers. I'd like to see how the white jersey would look with blue pants and black socks.

How would your current Cardinals look with a helmet logo like the one they had for much of their time in St.Louis, with or without a gradient present?  I am not really a fan of the current Cardinal head, to be honest.  Or a uniform set more like they had during their St. Louis years, than what they have now?  Just wondering, that's all.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

12 hours ago, Turtle Pilgrim said:

How would your current Cardinals look with a helmet logo like the one they had for much of their time in St.Louis, with or without a gradient present?  I am not really a fan of the current Cardinal head, to be honest.  Or a uniform set more like they had during their St. Louis years, than what they have now?  Just wondering, that's all.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

Maybe you should try giving some feedback on other people's concepts, instead of just asking for a cardinals concept...

I love that Panther's set! Not sure how I feel about the Color Rush though...

Also the Cleveland color rush uniform should have a little bit of brown in it. I mean, they are the Browns after all. :P

53 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

Maybe you should try giving some feedback on other people's concepts, instead of just asking for a cardinals concept...

Also the Cleveland color rush uniform should have a little bit of brown in it. I mean, they are the Browns after all. :P

I could see the Panthers wearing those uniforms, I think, easily enough, especially if the bluish borders for the numbers were a tad thicker, so that it doesn't seem the white numbers were sort of blending into the black as they seem to do for me now, at least.

The Buccaneers should perhaps ditch the pewter and red, at least, that they now have, and perhaps go with their original colors and black, in my view, because it was quite unique in its time, when they wore their original colors, I believe.  And it was a different shade of orange from the ones that the Bengals and Broncos and Browns had then, too.

The current orange is too bright for the Browns, even in reality, it seems to me.  A darker orange and a lighter brown might look better, as well, for the Browns, or at least a different shade of brown, anyway.

I have given comments on other people's concepts in various threads before, as well.  I have also said in at least a few of those threads that I liked at least a few of them,if memory serves.  People are free to take my suggestions or not as they so choose.  I'm most certainly not telling them just how to design, but I am asking them, I believe, how they might do certain things in certain ways, if different influences were used instead of the usual ones that many may periodically use in their designs.  That is all for now, in any case.  Have a good day, I hope, then, everyone.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

23 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

I can see why someone would be annoyed by the lack of brown, but I wanted to do something other than just wear the orange pieces already provided. I was trying to make something unique from the other looks.

New Saints, based (obviously) on the awesome color rush uniform.  (First time I've ever typed the words "awesome" and "color rush" in the same sentence.)

saintfinal2_zpssptocyvd.png

Nearly perfect. I'd lose the extra black outline on the logo, but that's my only gripe. I'd love for the saints to adopt these for real.

5 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

Nearly perfect. I'd lose the extra black outline on the logo, but that's my only gripe. I'd love for the saints to adopt these for real.

You know, you're right... the triple outline stands out a bit on this.  I just did a lazy cut and paste for the logo... now that you've pointed it out, it's gonna bug me.  I may have to fix it.

3 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

You know, you're right... the triple outline stands out a bit on this.  I just did a lazy cut and paste for the logo... now that you've pointed it out, it's gonna bug me.  I may have to fix it.

I'd argue that the gold outline is more superfluous.. Changing it to white so it becomes a double outline would clean it up without changing the general aesthetic

Just now, WavePunter said:

I'd argue that the gold outline is more superfluous.. Changing it to white so it becomes a double outline would clean it up without changing the general aesthetic

I agree with that as far as how it works on the current uniform, but on a throwback-inspired look, a single white outline on the logo would nicely reference the numbers and the sleeve stripes.