oldschoolvikings

Oldschoolvikings' NFL concepts - Falcons fix added 6/6/20

On 4/11/2020 at 11:33 AM, oldschoolvikings said:

So this color scheme used somewhere, and I was just looking for a team to apply it to,,,

spacer.png

The title wasn't wrong, these are definitely weird colors lol

On 2/10/2020 at 9:31 AM, Chawls said:

Hey @oldschoolvikings, I’d love to see you create a set for the Cardinals based on the Desert Cardinal, a species that is actually indigenous to Arizona. 

spacer.png

Bumping this comment for @oldschoolvikings  

On 2/10/2020 at 10:31 AM, Chawls said:

Hey @oldschoolvikings, I’d love to see you create a set for the Cardinals based on the Desert Cardinal, a species that is actually indigenous to Arizona. 

spacer.png

9 hours ago, Chawls said:

Bumping this comment for @oldschoolvikings  

Ok... first attempt.  spacer.png

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Ok... first attempt.  spacer.png

Thanks! I feel like Nike would have a field day with this color palette. Can you post the recolored logo by itself? 

On 4/11/2020 at 11:33 AM, oldschoolvikings said:

So this color scheme used somewhere, and I was just looking for a team to apply it to,,,

spacer.png

I feel that the use of red should be flipped to a tertiary color. Seems to overpower the purple, in the case of the Ravens. I do like the chosen font for the numerals.

But, this set would be interesting if repurposed for the Falcons as a fauxback, of sorts. Replace the purple with black, and it would make sense.

On 4/13/2020 at 3:43 PM, Chawls said:

Thanks! I feel like Nike would have a field day with this color palette. Can you post the recolored logo by itself? 

spacer.png

Since the Chargers and Patriots just came out with jerseys without TV numbers, it seems like a thing going forward. Opens up some good possibilities for the Bengals...

spacer.png

Looks good. I really like the simplicity of the stripes on the jersey. The only change I would like to see would be to use black socks with the home uniform, but that’s a minor nitpick.

Also, I can appreciate the creativity of the Cardinals and Ravens but... yikes. There’s som potential with the AZ color scheme, but the grey/brown needs tweaking. It’s very “pukey”. Its got too much green in it.

1 hour ago, 8BW14 said:

Looks good. I really like the simplicity of the stripes on the jersey. The only change I would like to see would be to use black socks with the home uniform, but that’s a minor nitpick.

Yeah, I get why the black socks would be nice, I just feel like sometimes it would be easier to not even give them the leotard option.  They just can't be trusted.

On 4/11/2020 at 9:33 AM, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

I quite like what you've done with the shading on the Raven's head. It would help eliminate that empty feeling of negative space you find in every concept where people try to get rid of the 'B'. I can't say I'm a huge fan of the colours though.

8 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

I quite like what you've done with the shading on the Raven's head. It would help eliminate that empty feeling of negative space you find in every concept where people try to get rid of the 'B'. I can't say I'm a huge fan of the colours though.

Yeah the colors were just lark. I had a buddy back in the 90s who played football at a division 3 school in Indiana. Their colors were cardinal and white. When he was a freshman, the students voted to add another color to their color scheme, and purple won. It was added in a pretty half-ass way, IIRC. Picture if Oklahoma suddenly traded their helmets in for purple ones. I found it oddly fascinating.  I didn't think it worked, but I just really wanted it to. It's been renting space in my head ever since.

1 minute ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Yeah the colors were just lark. I had a buddy back in the 90s who played football at a division 3 school in Indiana. There colors were cardinal and white. When he was a freshman, the students voted to add another color to their color scheme, and purple won. It was added in a pretty half-ass way, IIRC. Picture if Oklahoma suddenly traded their helmets in for purple ones. I found it oddly fascinating.  I didn't think it worked, but I just really wanted it to. It's been renting space in my head ever since.

Practically writes itself. Surprised it wasn't teal. 

12 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Since the Chargers and Patriots just came out with jerseys without TV numbers, it seems like a thing going forward. Opens up some good possibilities for the Bengals...

spacer.png

I like those tiger shoulders.... it gives me an idea or two.

21 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

I like the idea on the jerseys, but I'm getting a VT vibe from the shoulder design

Furman vs. Virginia Tech Condensed Game | ACC Football 2019-20 ...

I came up with this for my "Long Sleeve Concepts" thread, but I was kind of intrigued by the idea of putting it on standard template.  What do you think?

spacer.png

I think the silver shoulders is unnecessary. Upgrade the logo to their current one re colored and I like it!