Oldschoolvikings' NFL concepts - Frankly insane Buccaneers idea added

oldschoolvikings

2 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

It looks good. I love that there's minimal white on the colored jerseys. I think I would match the helmet stripe to the stripe on the black pants.

Not a fan of the gold color rush. Ideally there wouldn't be a need for it, but maybe something that fades from black up top to purple on the bottom would be a cool and unique look.

2 hours ago, osctheg said:

That would be one of the bad color rushes.

So, one of the normal ones?

I'm not really a fan of any color rushes, but if you're gonna play that game, here you go...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I really like the broad color combos you chose for the Ravens. I also really like the logo change. I really don't like the use of gold though. Really feels like a bad use of the gold, which I thought should stay relegated to tertiary status.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

On 11/4/2017 at 10:23 PM, DeFrank said:

I really like the broad color combos you chose for the Ravens. I also really like the logo change. I really don't like the use of gold though. Really feels like a bad use of the gold, which I thought should stay relegated to tertiary status.

Here it is with white numbers... what do you think?

raven3_zpsmprjfiww.png

• Like 1

13 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Here it is with white numbers... what do you think?

Upon further reflection, I think most of my dislike comes from how the gold appears on a concept. Because when I look at the Ravens' color rush, I like the increased use a lot!

image.png.adb638828b6b93fa4b88263dfd7f6510.png

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

With the recent discussion of possible (and much needed) changes coming to the Jacksonville Jaguars, I thought I'd dust off an older concept and do some slight updating.  This is a pretty much straight forward update on their first look from the 90's.  I'm keeping the current logo and number font, but everything else is inspired by their first uniform.

jagfinal_zpsfwk9j6bi.png

• Like 5

6 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

With the recent discussion of possible (and much needed) changes coming to the Jacksonville Jaguars, I thought I'd dust off an older concept and do some slight updating.  This is a pretty much straight forward update on their first look from the 90's.  I'm keeping the current logo and number font, but everything else is inspired by their first uniform.

jagfinal_zpsfwk9j6bi.png

Pretty good blend of old and new.  The only thing to really get irritated at is the teal numbers on the black jersey.

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

• 2 weeks later...

Love it. The sleeve design translates to a modern template really well and it would be the only uniform the Vikings would ever need IMO. I'm not crazy about the sock stripes, but the inspiration behind the design is really thoughtful so I could deal with them. Thanks for updating that uniform.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2017 at 9:52 AM, DouglasQuaid said:

I'm sold, as a fellow Viking fan this is the best combo of old and new. However I would put a white facemask on the helmet and I would use the font that is in the drawings. Great work!

Road concept? Purple pants?

Vikings should never wear purple pants outside of Color Rush.  They look so much better home and road with white pants

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...