oldschoolvikings

Oldschoolvikings' NFL concepts - New Broncos' concepts added 10/29/19

That's a very nice concept, though I'm not really a fan of it as a Falcons look, since I like their use of Black...hey, maybe try it as an Eagles concept? Kelly Green/Gray/White or Midnight Green/Gray/White?

That's a very nice concept, though I'm not really a fan of it as a Falcons look, since I like their use of Black...hey, maybe try it as an Eagles concept? Kelly Green/Gray/White or Midnight Green/Gray/White?

Yeah, I kind of already did that back on page one.

eagnew_zps24eec2fa.png

Can't believe I missed that one, great job. May I ask your reasoning behind the yellow beak? It looks so out of place amongst the green.

Can't believe I missed that one, great job. May I ask your reasoning behind the yellow beak? It looks so out of place amongst the green.

I know... every one says that. I guess I'm just being stubborn. I have it in my head that the Eagles had an old logo with a yellow beak, not that that is a good excuse. I think the silver just feels like too much silver... which now that I type that out, makes no sense.

EDIT- Here I found it...

philadelphia_eagles_throwback_flag_35085

I know... every one says that. I guess I'm just being stubborn. I have it in my head that the Eagles had an old logo with a yellow beak, not that that is a good excuse. I think the silver just feels like too much silver... which now that I type that out, makes no sense.

EDIT- Here I found it...

Well, as long as there's a good reason for it, why not? It's your concept after all. :) Maybe try turning the eagle head green to match the old logo? The yellow doesn't seem as out of place there, for some reason.

EDIT- Here I found it...

Well, as long as there's a good reason for it, why not? It's your concept after all. :) Maybe try turning the eagle head green to match the old logo? The yellow doesn't seem as out of place there, for some reason.

I have a version where I used a kind of dull non-metallic vegas gold, like a wheat-gold... maybe that was a little less jaring. I actually thought this was the one that had it, but obviously not.

OK, here's a pretty out-there Titans' concept. I think of this as sort of like those concept cars they showcase at the autoshow every year... you know it'll never happen, but its kinda fun to make.

(Although now that I think about it, after what Nike did with the Jags and Bucs you just never know...)

ajunk2_zpsa16adc0d.png

I hate most super modern uniforms (read this as anything that Nike touches), but I think you're on to something here. The white one is particularly amazing.

I do thing it should be slightly toned down. Maybe if you make the pants and helmet white and have the striping blue or give it the gradient that the jersey has.

Seriously though, excellent use of the gradient.

OK, here's a pretty out-there Titans' concept. I think of this as sort of like those concept cars they showcase at the autoshow every year... you know it'll never happen, but its kinda fun to make.

(Although now that I think about it, after what Nike did with the Jags and Bucs you just never know...)

ajunk2_zpsa16adc0d.png

I didn't think I'd like the wild gradients (not even sure if it's possible to do a fabric gradient on a Speed Machine template), but I like it. A lot. I'd maybe tweak the pants stripe, but I really think it's an interesting approach to modernity. Great job!

You're right, the Titans are ridiculous.

Actually, that white jersey with gradient numbers looks awesome, but the gradient jersey, no. I even like the helmet as long as it would be executed like the image and not like the Jags real-life helmets.

The real-life Titans are so hideous, anything is an upgrade.

While I'm not a pure traditionalist, I certainly do not like it when some teams go nuts with their uniforms. I honestly like the Jags uniforms, but I HATE the helmet – they should have stuck with the last helmet that changed colors when light hits it from a certain angle. The Bucs new uniforms aren't my cup of tea, but I could have tolerated it had they not used that garbage font that looks like an alarm clock.

Jags - I like your 1st and 3rd concepts, minus the gold pants. As for the 2nd one - it's not bad, but I don't think it works for a team like the Jags. The strips look good on older teams, but not for the relatively newer teams (Browns don't count, of course).

Falcons - I Love the first concept (on page 2). Falcons should have never gotten rid of the gray. However, the latest one you posted without the black would never fly in Atlanta, even though the concept isn't bad. Black is simply a part of their identity - getting rid of it just doesn't feel right for that franchise.

Titans - Your first concepts are great. The gradient one is one that I hope never sees the light of day.

Bucs - Now THIS is what the Bucs should have switched to. The number font retains a bit of the old school block, but has a bit of a modern twist to it. Love the red pants on the away uni's. This is quite possibly the best Bucs mock-up I've ever seen, period.

Rams - While I'm not sure about the yellow being so dominate for the primary, it's still an excellent concept and would work perfectly as an alternate jersey. The font looks a bit similar to what the Vikings currently have, but that's not a bad thing seeing that I like that font in the first place.

Patriots - (in Post #65) I honestly can't believe someone didn't come up with this concept sooner. The uniforms look very similar to the American flag. I also like the red jersey as homage to the original ones. Great concept.

Bills - While I like the current ones better, these a very good as well. The previous uniforms that Buffalo used were just plain awful.

Chargers - Love the concept, but some Charger fans may view the powder blues as too special to use as a primary.

Packers - Under most circumstances, I would NEVER touch the Packers uniforms but in this case, the green pants work very well since it doesn't alter the core form in any way.

Broncos - This is a very interesting design. I'll admit that the light orange is a bit strange on a Broncos uni, but strangely enough, it actually works. Not sure how Broncos fans would feel about it, but it's a good design that would work well IMO if the Broncos wanted to try something new.

Chiefs - Getting rid of the black here was a great idea since it was only found in the logo and not on the uniform itself. Not sure about the yellow jerseys, but then again, I'm not a fan of yellow and it is apart of their uniforms. Color bias aside, the yellow would work well as an alternate.

PLEASE tell me you have an idea for the Dolphins. The jerseys are ok (albeit a bit plain), but that logo has gotta go :wacko:

Call me crazy, but gradients have worked in basketball. We've seen weird stuff in football that's commonplace a few years later.

Why not?

I think the conversion from dark blue to light blue is subtle enough to work, and it definitely goes with the team brand.

Thumbs up.

The Ravens are fantastic. Obviously the logo could be a lot better technically, and I'm not sure about all the color choices, but the concept is AMAZINGLY good.

ajunk_zps5dcb3b98.png

I've been saying this since 1999, but that "T" logo looks so much better on the Titans' helmet than the flaming ball thing, that it's not even funny.

that gradient jersey reminds me of the fubu jerseys everyone wore back in high school. lol.

21.jpg

New shot at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. I tried to save the pewter, but in the end the only workable solution to the pewter I could find was basically the uniform they stupidly abandoned. So, here you go...

buc2_zps8f26e4ab.png

New shot at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. I tried to save the pewter, but in the end the only workable solution to the pewter I could find was basically the uniform they stupidly abandoned. So, here you go...

That statement more so backs up the fact that their previous set was perfect. FWIW what you made ain't half bad. The only thing that bothers me is the random black flag on the helmet, but it's more accurate to a real jolly roger. Maybe you could replace silver with black to coincide with the flag.

buc2_zps8f26e4ab.png

Too similar to the KC Chiefs.