Oldschoolvikings' NFL concepts - Frankly insane Buccaneers idea added

oldschoolvikings

A lot of people complain about the Bengals current uniform being less of a sports uniform for a tiger-themed football team, and more of a costume. I would agree, and most of my Bengal concepts (found elsewhere in this thread) tend towards simplifying the Bengals look. However, the thought occurred to me... what if we went in the other direction?  A full-on tiger embrace?  And...

spacer.png

• Like 7

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

A lot of people complain about the Bengals current uniform being less of a sports uniform for a tiger-themed football team, and more of a costume. I would agree, and most of my Bengal concepts (found elsewhere in this thread) tend towards simplifying the Bengals look. However, the thought occurred to me... what if we went in the other direction?  A full-on tiger embrace?  And...

spacer.png

Hmm.  Too busy,  But, as I'm looking at this, I'm curious how it would look if you drew a straight line across from underarm to underarm, leaving the panel  above with stripes and the panel below black with the numbers.  And remove the tiger head.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, LogoFan said:

Hmm.  Too busy,  But, as I'm looking at this, I'm curious how it would look if you drew a straight line across from underarm to underarm, leaving the panel  above with stripes and the panel below black with the numbers.  And remove the tiger head.

spacer.png

• Like 11

On 4/16/2019 at 10:12 AM, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

I really like how this turned out. It reminds of the that throwback Bears uniform everyone seems to love with the stripes on the shoulder. My question with this one is would they have to change their helmet? Would that be stripe overload???

• Like 1

4 hours ago, adam__cain said:

I really like how this turned out. It reminds of the that throwback Bears uniform everyone seems to love with the stripes on the shoulder. My question with this one is would they have to change their helmet? Would that be stripe overload???

spacer.png

• Like 5

On 4/9/2019 at 9:15 AM, oldschoolvikings said:

Wait... it's too late?  What?

spacer.png

On 4/9/2019 at 4:18 PM, HailGoldPants said:

I like the addition of red on your Jets concept. It kind of gives it a throwback NJ Devils vibe.

I was thinking more Milwaukee Bucks crossed with an '80s or '90s fighter-pilot video game.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2019 at 8:43 AM, oldschoolvikings said:

Since the Jets stole my design for the Panthers, I decided to rework it...

spacer.png

Thoughts appreciated.

Ummm . . . this one is basically the Michigan Panthers recolored . ... and without as cool a helmet.

spacer.png

• Like 3

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

1 minute ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Yeah, it absolutely is. I wasn't sure if anyone would call me on it! 😝

Remember, there are a few us of around who are old enough to remember the USFL (and, in my case, to have lived through part of the AFL era, though I'm not old enough to remember it).  😀

That said, I can't fault the choice.  I love that style.

You also managed to improve the Carolina Panthers helmet by getting rid of the stupid curved stripes (though they're still no match for the classics worn by the Michigan Panthers).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

This is an idea for the Broncos I keep reworking with slight changes.  My issue is that I really like the old light-ish blue/ orange jersey look, but I also like the current logo, and the logo doesn't work IMO without the navy fill, so that leaves me with this double blue I'm trying to make work;

spacer.png

• Like 2

• 2 months later...