Oldschoolvikings' NFL concepts - Frankly insane Buccaneers idea added

oldschoolvikings

12 hours ago, Turtle Pilgrim said:

How would your current Cardinals look with a helmet logo like the one they had for much of their time in St.Louis, with or without a gradient present?  I am not really a fan of the current Cardinal head, to be honest.  Or a uniform set more like they had during their St. Louis years, than what they have now?  Just wondering, that's all.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

Maybe you should try giving some feedback on other people's concepts, instead of just asking for a cardinals concept...

I love that Panther's set! Not sure how I feel about the Color Rush though...

Also the Cleveland color rush uniform should have a little bit of brown in it. I mean, they are the Browns after all. :P

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

53 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

Maybe you should try giving some feedback on other people's concepts, instead of just asking for a cardinals concept...

Also the Cleveland color rush uniform should have a little bit of brown in it. I mean, they are the Browns after all. :P

I could see the Panthers wearing those uniforms, I think, easily enough, especially if the bluish borders for the numbers were a tad thicker, so that it doesn't seem the white numbers were sort of blending into the black as they seem to do for me now, at least.

The Buccaneers should perhaps ditch the pewter and red, at least, that they now have, and perhaps go with their original colors and black, in my view, because it was quite unique in its time, when they wore their original colors, I believe.  And it was a different shade of orange from the ones that the Bengals and Broncos and Browns had then, too.

The current orange is too bright for the Browns, even in reality, it seems to me.  A darker orange and a lighter brown might look better, as well, for the Browns, or at least a different shade of brown, anyway.

I have given comments on other people's concepts in various threads before, as well.  I have also said in at least a few of those threads that I liked at least a few of them,if memory serves.  People are free to take my suggestions or not as they so choose.  I'm most certainly not telling them just how to design, but I am asking them, I believe, how they might do certain things in certain ways, if different influences were used instead of the usual ones that many may periodically use in their designs.  That is all for now, in any case.  Have a good day, I hope, then, everyone.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

23 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

I can see why someone would be annoyed by the lack of brown, but I wanted to do something other than just wear the orange pieces already provided. I was trying to make something unique from the other looks.

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

Nearly perfect. I'd lose the extra black outline on the logo, but that's my only gripe. I'd love for the saints to adopt these for real.

You know, you're right... the triple outline stands out a bit on this.  I just did a lazy cut and paste for the logo... now that you've pointed it out, it's gonna bug me.  I may have to fix it.

3 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

You know, you're right... the triple outline stands out a bit on this.  I just did a lazy cut and paste for the logo... now that you've pointed it out, it's gonna bug me.  I may have to fix it.

I'd argue that the gold outline is more superfluous.. Changing it to white so it becomes a double outline would clean it up without changing the general aesthetic

Just now, WavePunter said:

I'd argue that the gold outline is more superfluous.. Changing it to white so it becomes a double outline would clean it up without changing the general aesthetic

I agree with that as far as how it works on the current uniform, but on a throwback-inspired look, a single white outline on the logo would nicely reference the numbers and the sleeve stripes.

• 2 weeks later...

OK... I've seen this once, I never need to see it again...

dal-thumb-final-120116.jpg

Awful.

Especially bad when you could make an argument that the Vikings are the NFL's original "Color Rush" team from way back in the 60's...

3426779640_3dcc827a9f_o.jpg

3425969599_5ac1c2a945_o.jpg

If you don't know the story;

"1964 was also the only season that the Vikings wore white jerseys at home games. This led to confusion when the Detroit Lions came to Bloomington with only their white jerseys. The game started with both teams wearing white jerseys. The Vikings retrieved their purple jerseys from Midway Stadium in Saint Paul. The Vikings changed from white jerseys to purple jerseys on the sidelines. That led to the Vikings wearing all-purple uniforms."

Anyway, with that in mind, I'm posting a slightly updated Vikings uniform below...

• Like 1

Home and road primaries remain relatively untouched.  You could argue that I'm a homer (I am), but I think the Vikings current uniform is top 5 in the League.  Most of the small details that bugged me at introduction, I've either stopped thinking about, or come to really appreciate. The only element of the current uniform I just can't lice with is the road sock situation.  So I'm adding a second pair of socks and a second pair of white pants, so on the occasions when they'd want to wear all white (which I'd like to see a couple of times a year) the jersey and pants stripes link up.

Other than that, I'm adding a color rush uniform that's a homage to the accidental color rush uniform from 1964.  Here you go...

VIKEFINAL_zpsr4zli35r.png

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

OK... I've seen this once, I never need to see it again...

dal-thumb-final-120116.jpg

Awful.

I disagree. This is the one rare time a Color Rush uniform looks as good as the regular uniform.

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I would love for the throwback uniform to be the basis for the primary.  That helmet was perfect and the color combo was so, so nice.I'd bascially remove the sold white stripe from the sleeve and move the white/gray/white down a bit and leave everything else alone.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

On 4/25/2017 at 0:33 AM, OnWis97 said:

I would love for the throwback uniform to be the basis for the primary.  That helmet was perfect and the color combo was so, so nice.I'd bascially remove the sold white stripe from the sleeve and move the white/gray/white down a bit and leave everything else alone.

Yeah, I love the idea of updating that throwback, too.  My only issue with your sleeve suggestion is that it would leave them with what's basically a recolored Chiefs' jersey.  Not that there's much wrong with that, the Chiefs' jersey is pretty damn nice, but if keeping the white stripe saves some of the flavor of that 70's Jaworski uniform, I'm interested in leaving it.

How about this;

Updating the 70's look by... streamlining the pants stripe, updating the font, and splitting the difference between the old helmet wing and the new.  Like so...

eagfinal2_zpsc5fxkqwf.png

• Like 2

I will still haunt you until you use the 1980s helmet.

Point taken on the Chiefs jersey though.  Is the custom font enough?  If not, then I'd consider putting the gray stripe through both white stripes. Of course that will interfere with the swoosh, which reality dictates needs space.  Maybe something that uses the current sleeveless template (the way the Vikings have done)?  

Maybe take my idea but don't move the stripes down the sleeve.  Then it's somewhere between the Colts and the Chiefs?

I dunno.  I know your inspiration is from the 1980-ish jersey.  That odd, unbalanced stripe pattern was the only negative in an otherwise great uniform.  Then again, if I'm the only one thrown by it then maybe it's OK...

Anyway, I'd take the above as Eagles primaries if offered with no hesitation.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

2 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

I will still haunt you until you use the 1980s helmet.

Point taken on the Chiefs jersey though.  Is the custom font enough?  If not, then I'd consider putting the gray stripe through both white stripes. Of course that will interfere with the swoosh, which reality dictates needs space.  Maybe something that uses the current sleeveless template (the way the Vikings have done)?  

Maybe take my idea but don't move the stripes down the sleeve.  Then it's somewhere between the Colts and the Chiefs?

I dunno.  I know your inspiration is from the 1980-ish jersey.  That odd, unbalanced stripe pattern was the only negative in an otherwise great uniform.  Then again, if I'm the only one thrown by it then maybe it's OK...

Anyway, I'd take the above as Eagles primaries if offered with no hesitation.

That particular sleeve design started out so oversized it had to be reduced years ago... well before the tiny sleeves of the 2000's.

When it first appeared in 1974, it was this bit of craziness;

f8c20c6b10e3559a3e1e3c30c13d1433.jpg102596a_lg.jpeg

Cg4_iJDXEAE4YZs.jpg

That's stripe overload (even for me).

After a few years the bottom white/gray/white was dropped;

8089384921879a2a743208cc3959e069.jpg

herman-edwards-autographed-football-cardFF_2140078ALT3_full.jpg&w=600

It would seem a shame to me to dismantle it any further.

• Like 1

Actually, the original one, with all its symmetry, makes sense.  I still don't like it, but at least I get it.

They should have done something other than just chop the bottom one off.

POTD (Shared)