Oldschoolvikings' NFL concepts - Frankly insane Buccaneers idea added

oldschoolvikings

Next is a Tampa Bay Buccaneer set. For myself, like a lot of you, I'd just want to see them go back to the previous set. It was pretty close to perfect. But, I know they aren't going to do that. Teams can't just go back that quick... its like admitting they were wrong to change. Which they were, but still.

So, what if I was asked to keep the "feel" of the new uniform, but fix what just absolutely can't stay? Here's what I came up with.

Things that MUST go;

• Oversized helmet logo
  • Pewter yoke
  • Worst number font EVER
  • Mismatched sleeve logos
  • Blocky pants graphics
  • Pewter socks

What I can work with to keep a bit of the new uniform's feel:

• New helmet logo at a decent size
  • New emphasis on orange
  • Modern number font
  • non-traditional stripes on sleeves and pants

I decided to simplify overall... drop the sliver/chrome idiocy, reduce black to logos only.

Here's what I got...

buc3_zpsuhokaimx.png

And finally a new Falcons idea. I was looking at a spaceship my kid built out of legos... he's only 7 but already fixated on color schemes. (I'm very proud.) He built it using only black, red, and dark gray bricks, and I started thinking what a great color combo it was. So I threw this together. (And yes, I stole the sleeve/chest stripe from myself on the Bucs concept above.)

falc3_zpsyqgoebid.png

• Like 1

FALCONS--need some sort of striping down both sides of the pants. Also the red numbers on the black jerseys would be too difficult to read from the stands and on television. Your road uniform is not bad.

BUCS--I wish you had gone back to their 1997-2013 uniforms, minus the white pants. That's what I did on my concepts.

DOLPHINS--I wrote about that on your separate thread for the Dolphins.

CARDINALS--like your Broncos concept, the scarlet is unnecessary, plus it does look too much like Cardinal red. The two shades of red together make the sleeve and pants stripes look identical to the Buccaneers' 1997-2013 pants stripes. I would just go with black-Cardinal red-black. I also think the red jerseys look better with no stripes on the sleeves.

SAINTS--the diamonds make the uniforms look too busy. Also, black, old gold, and white are enough colors for them.

BRONCOS--yeah, light blue and navy blue are one shade too many. I would go with just royal blue as a compromise with the orange and white. I would also go with plain royal blue socks. Otherwise, I think you came up with a nice set of uniforms for the Broncos.

• 2 months later...

This is an idea I've tried before... trying to find some new real estate for the Charger's jersey bolts. I don't like the current treatment, and the old style shoulder bolts would be really squeezed on a modern template. This idea kind of follows the Seahawks' and Browns' use of the front upper chest area. As always, thoughts and comments are welcome.

chrgr3.1_zpsptanyny5.png

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are gradients really needed? I think you can do without it.

Needed? No, most definitely not needed. I'm just playing around. Sometimes I think of these concepts as sort of like the concept cars they have every year at the auto shows... the one that they make to show off, but will never be put into production. This is absolutely not what I'd do if the Lions came calling. But I thought it would be fun to make.

• Like 2

Are gradients really needed? I think you can do without it.

Needed? No, most definitely not needed. I'm just playing around. Sometimes I think of these concepts as sort of like the concept cars they have every year at the auto shows... the one that they make to show off, but will never be put into production. This is absolutely not what I'd do if the Lions came calling. But I thought it would be fun to make.

Looks cool with it though
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Someone recently posted a picture of the Jets' 80's kelly green and black uniform, and I was thinking that it looked nicer than I remembered...

tumblr_nnssrl2zW51r9hrxoo1_500.jpg

Also, I kind of like the idea of mixing two different shades of green, like the Jets did on their recent Color Rash uniform.  So with this concept, I'm trying to marry a few elements from the current look to the above kelly green look, and use both greens, as well.

Thoughts?

jet3_zpsvqzsedyo.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

OK, here it is with a white helmet and pants (and gray removed throughout). Plus a helmet stripe. Which is better?

buc4a_zpsrisnlabv.png

I don't get the pattern. I don't care. I think it looks great. 

• Like 1

AmPJ0Ty.png