Oldschoolvikings' NFL concepts - Commanders concept added

oldschoolvikings

On 5/9/2023 at 12:36 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

I’m not saying you should, but with how your logo is colored, it may be a good candidate for reintroducing a jaguars gradient style helmet.

Anyways, fantastic work as always on these last few teams. I really dig the aqua helmet for Miami more than I should. The introduction of steel blue(?) into Detroit is a chef kiss.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCarp1231 said:

I’m not saying you should, but with how your logo is colored, it may be a good candidate for reintroducing a jaguars gradient style helmet.

Anyways, fantastic work as always on these last few teams. I really dig the aqua helmet for Miami more than I should. The introduction of steel blue(?) into Detroit is a chef kiss.

Thanks.  According to GID they wore a similar blue a million years ago, although I’m sure I darkened it slightly to get a bit more contrast. 

Detroit looks great. The dark blue alt is an interesting choice, but it works. I think white numbers on the black jersey might be better for the Saints. I’d also ditch the gold outline on the white jersey numbers too.

• oldschoolvikings changed the title to Oldschoolvikings' NFL concepts - Falcons added
  • oldschoolvikings changed the title to Oldschoolvikings' NFL concepts - Eagles added

Philly is looking awesome! The primary uniforms do well to honor the past while living in the present, and the bottom left alternate does well with pulling the multiple shades of green together. I love the white helmet and the wings on the helmet for that one!

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png

Nice work with Philly, that would easily be an upgrade from their current set. My only nitpick is, the home uniform and throwback look awfully similar. Maybe change up the the pants combination (green jersey w/ white pants, white jersey w/ green pants) to add a little more contrast?

I always like your Eagles concept. I think we're on the same page on the awesomeness of the kelly/gray combo.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• oldschoolvikings changed the title to Oldschoolvikings' NFL concepts - Patriots added
  • oldschoolvikings changed the title to Oldschoolvikings' NFL concepts - 49ers and Bills added
  • oldschoolvikings changed the title to Oldschoolvikings' NFL concepts - New Yorks Jets and Giants added

Giants look like they should, but I prefer them in gray pants. Not crazy about the Jets alt, reminds me of a ND Shamrock Series uniform. The 49ers gold uniform doesn’t look bad here, but it might be a bit much IRL

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

Giants look like they should, but I prefer them in gray pants. Not crazy about the Jets alt, reminds me of a ND Shamrock Series uniform. The 49ers gold uniform doesn’t look bad here, but it might be a bit much IRL

The Giants uniforms from the middle of the 20-teens (when they had just the single pair of gray pants, home and road) is my favorite G-Men uniform.  But somehow, all their weird white pants versions they've trotted out in the past few years has spoiled it a bit for me.  For this I went back to the early 70's Tarkenton uniform, which is just solid and classic, and no one could complain about.

As for the strange alt for the 49ers and Jets... yeah, both are a bit much.  I did something similar in my baseball series, just trying to see how far I could push the fourth (and honestly, unnecessary) uniform.  Hey, that's why they're called concepts, right?  (Plus I'm waiting to see how many people have no clue where the navy and gold for the Jets comes from.)

• Like 2

• oldschoolvikings changed the title to Oldschoolvikings' NFL concepts - Steelers added