NBA 2013-14 Season Thread

TJKiddsHead

To this day, I still don't know why Bird didn't continue on coaching past 2000.

He thought players would tune him out if he stuck around too long. He had 4 coaches in his time in Boston, so he must have seen value in coaching changes.

Not really.

1-He only signed a three year contract to coach the Pacers with an option to move into the front office after the three years.

2- In 1999, he released a book with Jackie MacMullen titled, "Bird Watching: On Playing and Coaching The Game I Love". In it, he disclosed that he suffered from

atrial fibrillation, a treatable heart condition which surfaced near the end of his playing career and gives him an irregular heartbeat. Bird talked about a situation in 1998 on the bench in which he nearly fainted.

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crawford had himself quite the game tonight for the Clips. Way to squeeze one out without CP3 on the floor. Big test against Indiana up next.

Games like tonight are why Doc's getting paid the big bucks. Last year's team would have folded after trailing early on in OT.

The Kings really hate the Clippers, you can tell just from how much they always step up their game against the Clipps. Glad we've already gotten three games out of the way against them and don't have to see them again until April.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Does Jason Kidd last through Christmas? What a joke.

This is an unmitigated disaster. Jason Kidd is beyond bad he has to go now or the Nets will lose 50 with a team that should be able tp win it all. Kidd may be the worst coacg of all time, and that cup stunr was embarassing he is just over his head.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

This is an unmitigated disaster. Jason Kidd is beyond bad he has to go now or the Nets will lose 50 with a team that should be able tp win it all. Kidd may be the worst coacg of all time, and that cup stunr was embarassing he is just over his head.

He is this generation's "Magic Johnson, the head coach." Has there been any other disastrous head-coaching debut by a former player?

a team that should be able tp win it all

No, dude. Kidd is clearly in over his head, but Garnett and Pierce are doner than Done Donerson. And the teams won't have draft picks until Obama is out of office. Oops!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

In 2007...

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Crawford had himself quite the game tonight for the Clips. Way to squeeze one out without CP3 on the floor. Big test against Indiana up next.

Games like tonight are why Doc's getting paid the big bucks. Last year's team would have folded after trailing early on in OT.

The Kings really hate the Clippers, you can tell just from how much they always step up their game against the Clipps. Glad we've already gotten three games out of the way against them and don't have to see them again until April.

Cousins has a vendetta against Griffin and the team; they've had some interesting battles the last couple of years. He didn't want Isaiah Thomas to shake hands with the Clips after last weeks heartbreaker in LA.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

In fairness, Cousins has a long history of being a sore loser that isn't exclusive to the Clippers. IIRC, he's talked a lot of :censored: about the Warriors on Twitter, and then there was the incident when he tried to beat up Sean Elliott after losing to the Spurs last year.

It's a shame, because he's a clearly talented player, but Cousins reminds me of Derrick Coleman. His cancerous attitude will ruin his career if he doesn't mature soon.

xLmjWVv.png

Clippers down 6 at the half. It's early but I see this as a must win for LAC. They have to show they can beat a team like the Pacers especially when it's close.

I don't think it's a must-win, but it'd be nice to get a win with a hobbled CP3 and no Redick. The difference so far has been Dudley getting torched by George while Bullock has played better defense and was hot shooting.

xLmjWVv.png

Hyperbole for sure on my part. Just to piggyback on your point, I need to see if they have the ability to dig deeper. Like you said with key guys hobbled or out entirely, can they beat a team like Indiana. New team and coach so I can't judge them based on the last 2 years. Just have to watch it unfold.

Edit to avoid double post:

Clippers unable to pull out the close win and also lost JJ Reddick for 6-8 weeks. Tough night.

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=10063785

If the Nets can win 50 games and this team can still get hot, I think they are built for the playoffs. They just need to get Deron Williams healthy and keep KG and Pierce fresh. There is no reason to think they can not beat the Heat in a seven game series. Even in this terrible start they have had they beat Miami in the second game of the season.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived