NBA 2013-14 Season Thread

TJKiddsHead

If the Nets can win 50 games and this team can still get hot, I think they are built for the playoffs. They just need to get Deron Williams healthy and keep KG and Pierce fresh. There is no reason to think they can not beat the Heat in a seven game series. Even in this terrible start they have had they beat Miami in the second game of the season.

tumblr_ll3oeqQXbe1qbvaudo1_500.gif

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy crap, only 3 teams in the East are at or above .500: Indy, Miami, and WASHINGTON. Everyone else has a losing record. I knew the East sucked but not like this.

Meanwhile, out West, the only really bad teams are the Kings and the Jazz.

The East/West disparity has always been big for as long as I can remember, but it's getting to the point where it's legitimately unfair for Western Conference teams. It's a joke that at least one deserving team will miss the playoffs entirely in the West this season while the East playoffs will likely feature multiple under-.500 teams.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Holy crap, only 3 teams in the East are at or above .500: Indy, Miami, and WASHINGTON. Everyone else has a losing record. I knew the East sucked but not like this.

Hey! The Wizards aren't bad, they're making 500 with our best scorer out, but my Indy-OKC finals prediction is looking pretty good right now. The Wizards might be able to get a home playoff series if they keep this up, given the two New York teams suckage so far. But yeah, really seeds 3-8 are really toss-ups at this point. But there's still alot to play, I don't think it's time to give up on the Nets yet. Jason Kidd may look like an idiot on the sideline, but their Big5 has yet to play together for a consistent string of games, I'll judge them once I see that.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

The East/West disparity has always been big for as long as I can remember, but it's getting to the point where it's legitimately unfair for Western Conference teams. It's a joke that at least one deserving team will miss the playoffs entirely in the West this season while the East playoffs will likely feature multiple under-.500 teams.

You're not deserving if you can't finish in the top half of your conference.

But a team that finishes in the top half of the other conference with a losing record is? Light's Out is right... it's a joke that that's the case.

IUe6Hvh.png

But a team that finishes in the top half of the other conference with a losing record is? Light's Out is right... it's a joke that that's the case.

Don't hate the player, hate the game. You're only deserving if you meet the criteria.

What, you're gong to have a knee jerk reaction and want the rule changed?

Honestly, the NBA schedule is balanced enough that you could do a 1-16 seeding and not have it be a grave injustice. NBA conferences don't mean anything like NL/AL or NFC/AFC, anyway.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Jason Kidd might just be the worst coach ever, how can the Nets let this continue? He is ruining the season before Christmas and the sad thing is they are built for the playoffs and may never get there.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Just as the cool Brooklyn kids are at their core just McMansioners from Brookfield, Wisconsin, take away the pseudo-edgy marketing campaign and they're just the same dumb old Nets.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I really don't see how the Nets are "built for the playoffs" anymore. The most successful teams nowadays have ball movement (and off-ball movement), athleticism on the wings, and prime superstars. The Nets have none of those.

The Nets are strong and physical and when Deron is healthy they get the ball movement they need. Keep in mind this team has an overmatched coach and a handful of injuries. They hneed to get rid of Kidd bring in George Karl and get healthy and I garuntee they can win the championship even as a sixth seed.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Honestly, the NBA schedule is balanced enough that you could do a 1-16 seeding and not have it be a grave injustice. NBA conferences don't mean anything like NL/AL or NFC/AFC, anyway.

Someone agrees with me on this. But how would you format the playoffs? I know how I would do it, if given the chance to do so.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

I really don't see how the Nets are "built for the playoffs" anymore. The most successful teams nowadays have ball movement (and off-ball movement), athleticism on the wings, and prime superstars. The Nets have none of those.

The Nets are strong and physical and when Deron is healthy they get the ball movement they need. Keep in mind this team has an overmatched coach and a handful of injuries. They hneed to get rid of Kidd bring in George Karl and get healthy and I garuntee they can win the championship even as a sixth seed.

You are out of your mind.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived